• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christian Bale Sure is Looking... Like Dick Cheney

lenovox1

https://twitter.com/banerjee_debi/status/892103793537671174

Rf3IS4v.jpg

#ChristianBale in new look for his new role of Dick Cheney, a biopic directed by @GhostPanther captured in paparazzis' cam. unrecognizaBALE😙

From Movie Pilot:

When it comes to extreme body transformations, Christian Bale is arguably the champ. So it's hardly surprising that Bale's transformation into the portly former Vice President Dick Cheney for a new Adam McKay-directed biopic has left him nearly unrecognizable in photos. Just look at these pictures of Bale adding weight in order to accurately portray Cheney that have already hit social media[...]

[...]What We Know About The Dick Cheney Biopic

Bale is once again teaming up with McKay; the last time these two worked together was in the 2015 Oscar-winning movie The Big Short. According to Deadline, McKay is bringing some of Bale's previous co-stars together again. Amy Adams, who also starred as Bale's love interest in American Hustle, will be reunited with him as she is set to play Cheney’s wife, Lynne. Steve Carell, Bale's Big Short co-star, will play Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

The biopic is also said to follow the career of Dick Cheney from his days of being C.E.O. at Halliburton to becoming Vice President during George W. Bush's two terms as President. In an interview with Deadline, McKay explained his fascination with Cheney and why he wanted to write this story:

I’ve always found Cheney fascinating. Questions of what drove him, what his beliefs were. But once we started digging, I was astounded at how much he had shaped modern America’s place in the world and how shocking the methods were by which he gained his power​
[...]

(Original source: Oh No They Didn't)

McKay is decently talented but I'm not sure why this needs to exist especially since biopics almost always have the effect of humanizing their subject. Unless this is a complete satire, then game on.

I like Christian Bale, but the ridiculous lengths he goes to for his roles is unhealthy. There was no reason for him to have all that heart surgery for this movie.

Top Bottom