• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circana / Piscatella : April 2024 Top MAU in US by Platform

Klosshufvud

Kinda useless thread. Don't we already have good estimates ? I don't understand why we should give this idiot more attention since we know that his "player engagement tracker" is faulty as fuck.

NickFire

But kinda surprising to see FO4 breaching that high. Good stuff.
I haven't seen it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about the show. And the pics from it that I have seen look really good.

Kind of off topic, but they have to be planning a current gen version of 76 right? Would be crazy not to.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I haven't seen it yet but I've heard nothing but good things about the show. And the pics from it that I have seen look really good.

Kind of off topic, but they have to be planning a current gen version of 76 right? Would be crazy not to.

76 is already native on Series/PS5, it got the update some time last year.

Topher

Gold Member
Yep, there's a reason why every company wants their own GAAS title despite getting non-stop flack for it over social media. The $$$.

Folks seeing the endless list of Gaas failures has something to do with that. Those $$$ ain't guaranteed. For example, I'd love to be playing a new Batman game right now.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

adamsapple

Folks seeing the endless list of Gaas failures has something to do with that. Those $$$ ain't guaranteed. For example, I'd love to be playing a new Batman game right now.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think it's a safe bet if there were a new GaaS game featuring Batman, and not as a disposable-antagonist that you don't even control, it would be doing reasonably well right now.

Topher

Gold Member
I think it's a safe bet if there were a new GaaS game featuring Batman, and not as a disposable-antagonist that you don't even control, it would be doing reasonably well right now.

Or Rocksteady could just stick to what they are good at: kickass Arkham games. That's the safer bet.

I don't get why gamers advocate for business models over great games.

adamsapple

I don't get why gamers advocate for business models over great games.

I don't think it's advocating, as more that they want to be able to keep playing once the narrative is over. Which you can see with these top-played games, just about all of them are games which do have some kind of narrative component too but are continued to be played because of their live service components.

Fallout 4 being the only notable exception this month, but that's because of the show. I doubt it makes the top 5 next month.

Topher

Gold Member
I don't think it's advocating, as more that they want to be able to keep playing once the narrative is over. Which you can see with these top-played games, just about all of them are games which do have some kind of narrative component too but are continued to be played because of their live service components.

Fallout 4 being the only notable exception this month, but that's because of the show. I doubt it makes the top 5 next month.

And Hogwarts Legacy was topping the charts last year so there is room for both. The reality is that not every developer should be making live service games. Rocksteady is finding that out as have others.

Top Bottom