• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Claire Foy officially cast as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl in the Spider's Web

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Trash to not reunite Fincher/Mara/Craig, will not watch. Average detective/thriller novel made special by direction and cast.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/c...s-web-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-1202560220/

Sony doubling down on this stupid idea of making a far-removed (skipping 2 books) sequel to the Fincher/Mara/Craig film without any of the original cast or crew that made that film worthwhile.

I really like Foy, but I still don't understand what the hell Sony are doing.
Following 'Spider's Web', they're going to push a film featuring 6 of the top villains in Salender rogue gallery, complete with a b-plot focusing on Lisbeth's parents, who are actually alive and were once secret agents.

Paul Giamatti will play a Russian.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if they skipped the other 2 books because Spider's Web hasn't been adapted before, so this movie will be new to international audiences too. I'm not totally against the idea.

As for the casting, I was pulling for Jane Levy but Foy is a great actor. Never really imagined her in the role, but I've only ever seen her in period pieces.

berzeli

Banned
Remember:
oWxVjzf.jpg

I really like Foy, but I still don't understand what the hell Sony are doing.
They want to take another swing at the franchise. They probably couldn't get Fincher to go down in terms of budget, so they're doing a reboot based on the new line of books.
Like I'm not saying I like this or think it will be great (or even good), but this one at least sort of makes sense.

This just bums me the hell out. Are there so few of us who liked the last one that they trashed it all? I would research what went wrong, but it'd bum me out more, I'm sure.

Remember:
oWxVjzf.jpg

They want to take another swing at the franchise. They probably couldn't get Fincher to go down in terms of budget, so they're doing a reboot based on the new line of books.
Like I'm not saying I like this or think it will be great (or even good), but this one at least sort of makes sense.
What happened here? Do we know if she ever got a reply or was she just left in the dark?

berzeli

Banned
This just bums me the hell out. Are there so few of us who liked the last one that they trashed it all? I would research what went wrong, but it'd bum me out more, I'm sure.

What happened here? Do we know if she ever got a reply or was she just left in the dark?
Not enough people to support it at the budget Fincher wanted.

aAKmLld.jpg

Falchion

The first one was one of my favorite movies of all time, really disappointed they aren't getting the band back together for these.

Top Bottom