• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Game Pass: EA Sports FC 24, My Time at Sandrock, Robin Hood – Sherwood Builders, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
1-10dce3008329397d4ed7-1536x864.jpg

Welcome back to the regular “help me pick out what to play next” list (or maybe that’s just me) with Game Pass! We have more games waiting for you to boot up and play on PC, console, and cloud. Let’s jump in!

In Case You Missed It

But first, quick shout out to those who tuned in this last week for the Xbox Games Showcase, where we showed off 18 games that will be coming Day One to Game Pass! Check the recap of the whole show here, and we’ll keep you updated on the Wire for when you can start to play some of these games soon.

5-818f9b381d6778eb97b5.jpg

Available Today

Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Available on day one with Game Pass!
From the award-winning developers at The Chinese Room comes a terrifying tale of isolation. You are trapped on an oil rig in the North Sea, running from an unknowable horror that has come aboard. With no escape and no way to fight back, all you can do is survive. Learn more about Still Wakes the Deep in Xbox Wire’s hands-on preview.

Coming Soon

My Time at Sandrock (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 19
Just like My Time at Portia, My Time at Sandrock takes place in a wholesome post-apocalyptic world 300 years after the Day of Calamity destroyed most modern technologies. Gather resources to build machines, befriend locals, and defend Sandrock from monsters — all while saving the town from economic ruin!

3-64e92cadc26782f9aff0.jpg

Keplerth (PC) – June 20
Try to survive on a hostile alien planet in this 2D sandbox RPG, where you can choose to live alone or fight side-by-side with your friends in the online multiplayer mode. Survive, build, farm, fight, and explore your way to victory in this open-world adventure!

EA Sports FC 24 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play – June 25
Welcome to the Club – EA Sports FC 24 is coming to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play on June 25, just in time for UEFA EURO 2024. Lead your nation against the best and challenge for international glory as champions from across The World’s Game go head-to-head to become Champions of Europe.

2-bb25df575693b6722c48.jpg

SteamWorld Dig (Cloud and Console) – June 26
A platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

SteamWorld Dig 2 (Console and PC) – June 26
SteamWorld Dig 2 is making a return to the Game Pass library, taking you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.

Robin Hood – Sherwood Builders (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – June 27
Join Robin Hood and his unwavering band of outlaws in 12th-century England on their mission for a free Nottingham, as you travel across various regions and build up a secret hideout village and help the denizens of the surrounding lands. Complete quests, construct various builds, craft a broad range of items, and freely explore locations inspired by both myth and history in this open-world RPG with base-building features.

4-ba3ab4dcec97dd38881a.jpg

DLC / Game Updates

Minecraft: Tricky Trials Update – Available now
Venture into the Tricky Trials Update! Team up or go solo and discover new decorative blocks, hostile mobs, items, weapons, paintings, and the trial chambers – a sprawling structure stuffed with traps and treasures for every player!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Smite: Summer Sizzle Pack – Available now
Ignite your fights with the Summer Sizzle Pack in the free-to-play action MOBA game, Smite! Unlock the gods Danzaburou, The Morrigan, and Fenrir as well as their voice packs and emotes. Plus, unlock a 3-Day Account Booster!

Monster Hunter Now: New Season Bundle – Available now
Hunt monsters in the real world on your mobile device! Celebrate Monster Hunter Now’s Season 2 with a bundle that includes new monster materials and other awesome bonuses! Claim one Ultra Hunting Ticket, a Paintball, a Potion, a Wander Orb, and a material for crafting Basarios (new monster with the next update!) weapons and armor. This Perk content requires Monster Hunter Now mobile game to use (available free-to-play).

Leaving Soon

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, be sure to check the dates below and don’t forget to use your 20% membership discount on games you would like to keep!

Leaving June 30

• FIFA 22 (Console and PC)
  • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sword and Fairy Together Forever (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Poor drop, but I can forgive them after the incredible first one.

Still Wakes the Deep releases today on GP btw.
This is dire. But next month is looking ridiculous, so whatever.

Flintlock, Kunitsu-Gami, Dungeons of Hinterberg.

P.S. Chances of Hollow Knight 2 dropping at the direct in 1 hour increased from 0.001% to 0.01%.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Not the best second fortnight of the month. But we come from a fantastic first fortnight and many fantastic months. I guess we're getting used to it. Next month looks good from the start, however.

The negative point remains the fact that ABK games remain MIA.

Stafford

It's getting a bit silly that once again no ABK games at all. I guess some stuff still hasn't been finalised yet? Even though we did get Diablo 4. Some communication on this would go a long way.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Steamworld Dig 1 & 2 are awesome, but they're old games you can purchase super cheap.

And a shame about FIST going away, it was a pretty cool metroidvania (although I abandoned it half way through after getting lost).

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

They had the Hellblade release in the first half, I'll give them a pass on these. Can't say I'm familiar with anything listed outside of FC24.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
One thing i realized about all these subscriptions: I end up playing close to nothing from them because i prioritize the games i actually buy and aren't included in them.

Not every drop will have quadruple A games each week, but on game pass just within the last month I've played Hellblade, Octopath 2, Lords of the Fallen, Little Kitty Big City and Still Wakes the Deep is releasing today.

Everyone has their preferences but I've been pretty happy with the GP offerings recently.

Not every drop will have quadruple A games each week, but on game pass just within the last month I've played Hellblade, Octopath 2, Lords of the Fallen, Little Kitty Big City and Still Wakes the Deep is releasing today.

Everyone has their preferences but I've been pretty happy with the GP offerings recently.
Depends on how you game. I'd rather make my own choices on what i play based on what i want and not what a subscription service offers me. I did that for a while and lowkey stopped liking gaming as much and couldn't put my finger on what it was. That and rushing through a game because it's leaving the service in a few days. Hell no. Not for me.

Depends on how you game. I'd rather make my own choices on what i play based on what i want and not what a subscription service offers me. I did that for a while and lowkey stopped liking gaming as much and couldn't put my finger on what it was. That and rushing through a game because it's leaving the service in a few days. Hell no. Not for me.
Then subscription services aren't for you. That's fine and you don't have to feel bad about it. Not every thing is meant to be enjoyed by everybody.
I've been a subscriber pretty much since the beginning and not only have I been gaming more, it also made me branch out and try genres I thought weren't for me.

Sacred

My backlog is insane and I have at least 50 hours I need to put in to ER DLC, after last month this doesn't bother me at all.

Very ordinary month. Almost the last set of games with gold trash tier of games, if it weren't for the Steamworld Dig games. They are decent.

Also, this is the only way I'm spending time on that yearly trash: Fifa. Literally around 40% of my friends list play the newest shit during it's launch, and I still don't get wtf is new in them. It's the same fuckin' rehashed trash gambling simulator every year, with lesser chances in FUT.

Hey football GAF, how easy are those achievements in fc24 tho? Asking for a friend. Lmao

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Wtf is this? Is it an invitation to cancel Gamepass? You can at least make an effort....
Of course, a not so good second fortnight invites you to stop subscribing after a magnificent first fortnight and many many months of very high quality releases.....🙃

It's the typical Gamepass release thread where many "strangers" appear to criticize the latest GP releases and show that they don't know what a month really is and definitely the reality of releases in the service....🤔🤗

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Of course, a not so good second fortnight invites you to stop subscribing after a magnificent first fortnight and many many months of very high quality releases.....🙃

It's the typical Gamepass release thread where many "strangers" appear to criticize the latest GP releases and show that they don't know what a month really is and definitely the reality of releases in the service....🤔🤗
It wasn't that great for me before that either.

Thanati

Glad I waited for FC 24. My son and I are almost at the end of the 10 hour trial. We're happy about this drop!

Last edited:

Roberts

Interesting month - except F24, all other games seem to be targeted at more or less the same gamer type. Some games are a bit more hardcore and nerdy than others, but they all have mining/building on their mind. Btw, My Time at Sandrock seems to be a sequel to My Time in Portia and that was one of the better Stardew Valley-type games.

buenoblue

One thing i realized about all these subscriptions: I end up playing close to nothing from them because i prioritize the games i actually buy and aren't included in them
I've not had gamepass for like 2 years only subbed because I upgraded my pc. Same with psplus I dip in and out when I haven't got anything else to play or something big drops. I do the same with netlflix/Disney plus. If you sub for a month or two a year you have lots of stuff built up.

Top Bottom