• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Game Pass: Octopath Traveler II, The Callisto Protocol, Still Wakes the Deep, and More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

TW_Coming-Soon_6.6.2024-ce3493957f703ae4ce64-1024x576.png

Hey friends, we’re really excited to see you all in just a few short days on June 9 for the Xbox Games Showcase followed by Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct! To whet your appetite for some more games, we have a collection of day one with Game Pass and new to Xbox games, a returning fan favorite and some surprise drops that are playable today!

Available Today

Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Making a return to the Game Pass library today! Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers. Use each character’s distinctive abilities in and out of battle and make decisions to shape your path.

Octopath Traveler II (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
In this critically acclaimed second title in the Octopath Traveler series, eight new travelers venture forth into an exciting new era in the land of Solistia. Step into their shoes and explore the land as you see fit, using their unique talents to aid you along your journey in this role-playing adventure.

Coming Soon

Depersonalization (PC) – June 12
A tabletop role-playing game inspired by Call of Cthulhu with rich branching narratives. Depersonalization consists of multiple story modes, each of which has multiple endings and branching routes, striving to build a diverse, themed world.

Isonzo (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Ferocious Alpine warfare will test your tactical skills in this authentic WWI first-person shooter. Fight high-altitude battles among the scenic peaks, rugged valleys and idyllic towns of Northern Italy. The Great War on the Italian Front is brought to life and elevated to unexpected heights!

The Callisto Protocol (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Survive to escape the horrors of Callisto. Use a unique blend of shooting and brutal close-quarters melee combat to fight your way through the maximum-security Black Iron Prison. Battle evolving inhuman creatures, scavenge for new weapons and uncover the conspiracy lurking on Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – June 18
Available on day one with Game Pass!
From the award-winning developers at The Chinese Room comes a terrifying tale of isolation. You are trapped on an oil rig in the North Sea, running from an unknowable horror that has come aboard. With no escape and no way to fight back, all you can do is survive. Learn more about Still Wakes the Deep in Xbox Wire’s hands-on preview.

DLC / Game Updates

Minecraft 15 Year Anniversary – Available until June 22
The party isn’t over for Minecraft’s 15th Anniversary! Get Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Legends, and more for up to 50% off through June 22. And don’t forget to head to Minecraft Marketplace to pick up your free anniversary world, cape, and add-on! Learn more on Minecraft.net.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Sea of Thieves: Ebon Flintlock Pack – Available now
Start your fights in style or share a drink with your crew! With the Ebon Flintlock Pistol, Obsidian Flag and Onyx Tankard, you’ll always look the perfectly piratical part.

Vigor: Heatwave Havoc Pack – Available now
Leave the winter’s chill behind and come bask in the Norwegian sun with our Heatwave Havoc Pack! Enjoy new stylish accessories, crates full of loot, and loads of guns to keep the party going. Don’t forget the sunscreen!

MultiVersus: MVP Pack 1 – Available now
MultiVersus is a free-to-play platform fighter that brings the depth of iconic WB stars to life across the nearly endless possibilities of play. The MultiVersus MVP Pack offers in-game content to further customize and boost your play for subscription members.

Leaving June 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon. Jump back in before they go or use your membership discount to save up to 20% off your purchase to keep them in your library!
  • Bramble: The Mountain King (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • High on Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Rune Factory 4 Special (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Spacelines from the Far Out (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Bookwalker (Cloud, Console, and PC)
As always, keep it tuned to @XboxGamePassPC and @XboxGamePass for what’s coming and when you can play. See you June 9!

Octopath2_Key_Art_1920x1080-c2129b715bad99ddd3f3.jpg

SWD_TitledHeroArt_1920x1080-2f30dec72228acf91f88.jpg

The Callisto Protocol Titled Key Art

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_6.6.2024-29dd2d372583a3d7b76c-1536x864.jpg

Hey friends, we’re really excited to see you all in just a few short days on June 9 for the Xbox Games Showcase followed by Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct! To whet your appetite for some more games, we have a collection of day one with Game Pass and new to Xbox games, a returning fan favorite and some surprise drops that are playable today!

Available Today

Octopath Traveler (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Making a return to the Game Pass library today! Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers. Use each character’s distinctive abilities in and out of battle and make decisions to shape your path.

Octopath Traveler II (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
In this critically acclaimed second title in the Octopath Traveler series, eight new travelers venture forth into an exciting new era in the land of Solistia. Step into their shoes and explore the land as you see fit, using their unique talents to aid you along your journey in this role-playing adventure.

Octopath2_Key_Art_1920x1080-c2129b715bad99ddd3f3.jpg

Coming Soon

Depersonalization (PC) – June 12
A tabletop role-playing game inspired by Call of Cthulhu with rich branching narratives. Depersonalization consists of multiple story modes, each of which has multiple endings and branching routes, striving to build a diverse, themed world.

Isonzo (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Ferocious Alpine warfare will test your tactical skills in this authentic WWI first-person shooter. Fight high-altitude battles among the scenic peaks, rugged valleys and idyllic towns of Northern Italy. The Great War on the Italian Front is brought to life and elevated to unexpected heights!

The Callisto Protocol (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Survive to escape the horrors of Callisto. Use a unique blend of shooting and brutal close-quarters melee combat to fight your way through the maximum-security Black Iron Prison. Battle evolving inhuman creatures, scavenge for new weapons and uncover the conspiracy lurking on Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

The Callisto Protocol Titled Key Art

Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – June 18
Available on day one with Game Pass!
From the award-winning developers at The Chinese Room comes a terrifying tale of isolation. You are trapped on an oil rig in the North Sea, running from an unknowable horror that has come aboard. With no escape and no way to fight back, all you can do is survive. Learn more about Still Wakes the Deep in Xbox Wire’s hands-on preview.

SWD_TitledHeroArt_1920x1080-2f30dec72228acf91f88.jpg

DLC / Game Updates

Minecraft 15 Year Anniversary – Available until June 22
The party isn’t over for Minecraft’s 15th Anniversary! Get Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft Legends, and more for up to 50% off through June 22. And don’t forget to head to Minecraft Marketplace to pick up your free anniversary world, cape, and add-on! Learn more on Minecraft.net.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Sea of Thieves: Ebon Flintlock Pack – Available now
Start your fights in style or share a drink with your crew! With the Ebon Flintlock Pistol, Obsidian Flag and Onyx Tankard, you’ll always look the perfectly piratical part.

Vigor: Heatwave Havoc Pack – Available now
Leave the winter’s chill behind and come bask in the Norwegian sun with our Heatwave Havoc Pack! Enjoy new stylish accessories, crates full of loot, and loads of guns to keep the party going. Don’t forget the sunscreen!

MultiVersus: MVP Pack 1 – Available now
MultiVersus is a free-to-play platform fighter that brings the depth of iconic WB stars to life across the nearly endless possibilities of play. The MultiVersus MVP Pack offers in-game content to further customize and boost your play for subscription members.

Leaving June 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon. Jump back in before they go or use your membership discount to save up to 20% off your purchase to keep them in your library!

• Bramble: The Mountain King (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • High on Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Rune Factory 4 Special (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Spacelines from the Far Out (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Bookwalker (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

adamsapple

SCB3

Ah good, I was looking forward to Still wakes the Deep, should be a fun little horror game

I still need to go finish Octopath, I only ever did the Dancer story

Roberts

I bought Callisto when it was cheap, played it for a few hours and dropped it. Super pretty but also kind of meh. I don't even mind that the gameplay is basically stuck in ps360 days, it is just that it is not doing a very good job as a horror game. Never felt immersed in the world. But I will give it another chance.

finally calisto protocol, will give it a shot along with Still Wakes The Deep and Isonzo.
It's an okay game, good enough to platinum it on PS4 and 5, definitely not overstaying its welcome. If people are tired of gaas and open world, they at least should play this game to show minimal support for linear sp stuff via any sub service and I presume engagement numbers that will influence at least a bit which pitches get greenlit in the future.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Banger 2 weeks. Haven't gotten Callisto yet.

Can't wait until I have access to PC stuff. Depersonalization looks interesting.

Still Wakes the Deep is already installed.

P.S. Some major games leaving if you haven't played Bramble, or High on Life. Bookwalker has cool elements, but didn't manage to get me to stick until the ending.

Last edited:

Stafford

Interesting. At this point I was expecting them to wait until the show and then announce a big batch of ABK games for GP. That can of course still happen. It should, because honestly it's way overdue now.

El Muerto

Still Wakes the Deep looked cool. Been waiting for Octopath Traveler to go on sale on Steam but never dropped more than 50% off. Pretty solid list.

adamsapple

Pretty good month. Already got Callisto for dirt cheap though. High on Life leaving GP is interesting

Not first party so it's all fair game. I'll probably buy it to keep before it leaves with the 20% discount. Unlike many on GAF, I really enjoyed it.

Not first party so it's all fair game. I'll probably buy it to keep before it leaves with the 20% discount. Unlike many on GAF, I really enjoyed it.
I'll probably try it some before my GP trial ends. But I find the rick and morty stuff pretty annoying. I doubt I'll like most of the gun banter.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I hope this mean Callisto Protocol gets achievements on PC! Played through it several times. It’s actually a better game second time through.

adamsapple

I played The Callisto Protocol when it was on PS+. I couldn’t finish it. Got stale way too fast.

When the much superior Dead Space remake is also available on the service, recommending Calisto becomes a harder call.

Worth it for the first few hours for the graphics alone, I guess.

marjo

Looking forward to checking out Still Wakes the Deep. Nothing else really catches my fancy.

GymWolf

Gold Member
More people can finally avoid to play callisto even more than they did before.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
FPS fans don’t sleep on Isonzo. I had a lot of fun with this one. Battlefield one shot game.

DavidGzz

Nice, Protocol! Wanted to play it but was afraid to buy it since it seems to be a love it or hate it. I also tried the Flintlock demo on Steam. 2 great gets for me.

HIgh on Life leaves Tomorrow. I never finished it.
The gamepass sale price with Game Pass is only 2 bucks cheaper than Steam and that includes the DLC high on knife. I remember these prices being better than that.
Edit I see a bundle in the xbox store 19.99 for the main game plus the dlc. I just bought that. It's been a while since I purchased a game on gamepass.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Pretty much confirms SE will not release most games on Xbox unless it has a gamepass deal.
They haven't released as many as on PS or Switch but to say they don't release any games is pretty wrong.

Visions of Mana and the new Life is Strange are coming in the next couple of months and almost all but FF (the mainline ones) and Star Ocean 2R and Forspoken) were released on Xbox in the past 2 years too.

Last edited:

BigLee74

About half way through The Callisto Protocol and it’s way better than folk have had me believe. Looks good too, and that’s only on performance mode as I much prefer frame rate.

It’s definitely not as scary as Dead Space, but I’m having fun!

Top Bottom