• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls PC launches June 27 (same as PS4)

I'll probably bite. Played a bit on the Vita. Didn't hate the game but I couldn't stand playing a shooter with those analog sticks.

Buy it for the music and unique visuals for a third person shooter.

Nothing else.

I think the game is successful at pulling off the strange (creepy) atmosphere of the other games. Also I enjoyed the story.

What I'm wondering is if the shooting controls, which I thought were just fine for the Vita, would be a chore on PC.

Nishastra

Banned
As I always say, the gameplay is the worst part of any Danganronpa game, and this one has the most gameplay by miles and miles.

However, it'll probably be a lot more tolerable with a mouse and keyboard?

PKrockin

I enjoyed the first and second games, but this one didn't leave much of an impression on me besides the art and music.

Squishy3

This game is terribly paced and focuses on too many things that aren't the excellent character dynamic between Koharu and Toko.

Vlaphor

Don't listen to all of the liars and their lies. This game was a bunch of fun on the Vita and it'll be even better on the PC what with the better controls and such.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't listen to all of the liars and their lies. This game was a bunch of fun on the Vita and it'll be even better on the PC what with the better controls and such.

I think it'll only make it worse to be honest. A keyboard and mouse isn't going to change the awful shooting and encounter designs but it will probably make it even more tedious to play through. Increasing the resolution is only going to make the boring bland environments even less interesting. Anyway, terrible game but I'm glad people can enjoy it on PC now if they've been wanting to try it out

TP

I think it'll only make it worse to be honest. A keyboard and mouse isn't going to change the awful shooting and encounter designs but it will probably make it even more tedious to play through. Increasing the resolution is only going to make the boring bland environments even less interesting. Anyway, terrible game but I'm glad people can enjoy it on PC now if they've been wanting to try it out

I don't understand how this is the second time an opinion like this has been posted in this thread

How in the world would faster and more precise aiming make the game tedious or a chore?

If anything it'll result in the player completing those sections faster instead of fiddling with twinsticks to get a shot off

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how this is the second time an opinion like this has been posted in this thread

How in the world would faster and more precise aiming make the game tedious or a chore?

If anything it'll result in the player completing those sections faster instead of fiddling with twinsticks to get a shot off

It just makes it even more dull, any sense of difficulty or challenge is removed on top of the fact it was pretty boring to begin with. It's not like you're pulling off highly skilled headshots or anything in the first place. If it felt like there was some skill involved added precision would serve to make it feel more skilled but here it will likely trivialise what difficulty there was in the first place.

So before there might have at least been some tension in the encounters but making it even easier only serves to make already very dull shooting even duller. Anyway that's just my explanation for the comment, I'm sure others feel differently

It just makes it even more dull, any sense of difficulty or challenge is removed on top of the fact it was pretty boring to begin with. It's not like you're pulling off highly skilled headshots or anything in the first place. If it felt like there was some skill involved added precision would serve to make it feel more skilled but here it will likely trivialise what difficulty there was in the first place.

So before there might have at least been some tension in the encounters but making it even easier only serves to make already very dull shooting even duller. Anyway that's just my explanation for the comment, I'm sure others feel differently

Yup. And believe me I'm one of like two people in this thread who liked the game. I just think the mechanics and encounters are tailored to the Vita. It's a game I'd want to play laying down in bed, not sitting at a computer.

LordKano

I want to play it mostly for the story and characters. To give an idea of interest, I thought Danganronpa 3 (the anime) was very good. Is it really that bad ?

ffvorax

I say: buy it only if a big DR fan, otherwise the game is not so good after all... still has his moments, but can be skipped.
It's NOT a bad game, but I feel it to be much a for fan games, than a generic title that can be enjoyed by everyone.

ChrisD

I swear the last time this got a thread it had the exact same first three posts in the exact same order...

I'm on Jintor's side of things.
The main theme is catchy as heck though.

SilentRob

I both liked an disliked certain parts of the game and its story. You should buy this game if you have an interest in it. You should also probably google some Trigger Warnigs if you have a history because the things it shows you around the children antagonists are really fucked up.

I say that as a pretty big dr fan.

Tizoc

Don't buy this terrible game

I say that as a pretty big dr fan

The game had a nice gameplay concept. If they allow for Steam Workshop, or further modding options it can open up some interesting puzzle set ups.

Corpekata

Banned
The game had a nice gameplay concept. If they allow for Steam Workshop, or further modding options it can open up some interesting puzzle set ups.

Nobody would care enough to make anything interesting.

The only thing notable about the game is character and story based.

Top Bottom