• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred releases October | Xbox Showcase 2024 Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

Here is an overview

Embrace the Shadows! A new region of Hell is coming to Diablo IV on October 8! Vessel of Hatred is the first expansion and next chapter of the genre-defining, award-winning series by Blizzard Entertainment. Pre-purchase now for immediate access to in-game rewards and prepare for the darkness that awaits you as the first expansion charges through the land of Sanctuary.
  • New Class: Spriritborn – Ranked among the apex predators of the jungle, the Spiritborn is an entirely new class to the Diablo series. They are battle-hardened with mystical synergies that could only be awakened deep within the jungles of Nahantu. Become one of the Spiritborn and embrace the ethereal Spirits entwined with this ancient civilization.
  • New Region: Nahantu – Explore Nahantu, the new jungle region in Diablo IV full of secrets, dangerous new Dungeons, Strongholds, and ferocious demons from warring Tribes.
  • Continue the Campaign – Set immediately following the events of Diablo IV, Vessel of Hatred continues the dark story as you fight to save Neyrelle from Mephisto’s tightening grip on her soul, still reeling from the choice she made to contain him. The search for Neyrelle takes you deep into the ancient jungle as she grapples with the imprisoned Prime Evil. Attempt to unravel Mephisto’s dark plot while new foes encircle your every move, planning your demise. The fate of Neyrelle’s soul—and her ability to stop this Prime Evil from destroying Sanctuary—rests in your hands.
    • Never fight alone as new Mercenaries can join you on your quest to fight in the dense undergrowth of Nahantu and beyond. These powerful allies grow in power as they progress, and each are equipped with unique abilities to help you in combat.
  • New Game Updates – Vessel of Hatred also has huge updates for all Diablo IVplayers with new class skills, paragon boards, legendary glyphs, dungeon types, Tree of Whispers activities, and more.
    • A new cooperative player-versus-environment mode where you work with your friends to complete objectives and slay the boss in a multi-level dungeon, while getting loot and rewards.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They didn't announce the new class? Judging by the cosmetics at the end of that trailer it seems that the datamined Spiritborn (Spear-class archetype) was correct.

Mephisto is the big bad of this expansion.
I noticed the voice from the campaign. Yea maybe they’ll save Diablo for their final expansion. Maybe they won’t.

Blizzard knows to make insane cinematics! And Diablo 4 is absolutely on the right track with the new season. I have no doubts, we get another awesome campaign.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So we're going back to Kurast? Sweet, was kind of hoping Lut Golein though.

Lut Golein is on the other continent, unlike Kurast.

Going to that continent is sort of a problem because it's full of historic sites, so it's easier to stay where we are.

I won't touch Diablo IV until Paladin/Crusader returns as a class, if it ever does. None of the classes in IV have made me want to try it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I won't touch Diablo IV until Paladin/Crusader returns as a class, if it ever does. None of the classes in IV have made me want to try it.

They've already said next class is a new class to diablo, so it might be years before a paladin/crusader makes it.

That being said, there's rumors of a holy lance/shield user being the next class, so no paladin but paladin-adjacent.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
D4 story remains top shelf.

I am bummed we still have nothing for the new class. Ugh.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
GodDAMN Blizzard absolutely cannot be touched when it comes to cinematics. Better than Hollywood. I would watch an entire Diablo movie like this.

MrRibeye

This trailer was insane 🤯

Kept me guessing and wondering and flashbacks to Leah because of the spiritual struggle with demons. The spiderweb in the heart was brilliant. Truly captivating visuals.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Pre Order is up

Prepare to Embody the Spiritborn – Pre-Purchase Vessel of Hatred

Vessel of Hatred™, the first expansion for Diablo IV, is now available for pre-purchase through Battle.net, PlayStation® and Xbox Games Stores, and Steam, and will release on October 8. Deep in the jungles of Nahantu, a conflicted Neyrelle is tormented by the malicious wills of her travelling companion Mephisto. Can you navigate the terrors that lay in wait to save her soul, or will it already be too late? Harness the powers of an all-new class to survive the deadly wilds and fight back the terrible power from within.
Pre-purchase Vessel of Hatred™ Ultimate Edition and immediately receive* Alkor the Snow Leopard Pet, Natalya the Tiger Pet, and Hlrati the Canine Pet, plus the Nahantu War-cat Mount Bundle**, Wings of the Faith cosmetic, 3,000 Platinum, armor sets for each class, and more.
For an overview of everything we announced today, here is a message from game director Brent Gibson!

For more information related to pre-purchasing Vessel of Hatred and beyond, feast on the details included below:

Codex​

Pre-Purchase Vessel of Hatred Today
Diablo IV: Expansion Bundle
Introducing our Newest Class: The Spiritborn
Return to Nahantu
Experience the next Dark Chapter of the Main Campaign
Mercenaries, End-game Activities, and Game Updates
A Wanderer’s Best Friend: Pets
Diablo Anniversary Celebrations

Pre-Purchase Vessel of Hatred Today​

The jungles of Nahantu bleed across Sanctuary when you pre-purchase the Vessel of Hatred Expansion. Not only does pre-purchasing grant you access to Vessel of Hatred when it launches on October 8, but it also immediately grants you a bevy of in-game rewards to begin your journey today!
Pre-Purchase the Diablo IV Vessel of Hatred-Ultimate Edition and receive:

• Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred Expansion***
  • Nahantu Veilwalker Spiritborn Armor***
  • Alkor, Snow Leopard Pet** (Pre-Purchase Bonus)
  • Mother’s Lament Legendary Gem for Diablo Immortal**** (Pre-Purchase Bonus)
  • Hratli, Canine Pet**
  • Nahantu War-Cat Mount and Armor Bundle**
  • One Premium Battle Pass Token
  • 3,000 Platinum
  • Natalya, Tiger Pet**
  • Nahantu Unearthed Armor Bundle (5 class armor sets)
  • Wings of the Faith Cosmetic
  • Nahantu Themed Town Portal
Pre-Purchase the Diablo IV Vessel of Hatred-Deluxe Edition and receive:

• Nahantu Veilwalker Spiritborn Armor***
  • Hratli, Canine Pet**
  • Nahantu War-Cat Mount and Armor Bundle**
  • One Premium Battle Pass Token
Pre-Purchase the Diablo IV Vessel of Hatred-Standard Edition and receive:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
They really need to give those Blizz cinematics team a proper cgi movie to work on, I'd love to watch a full movie with that level of quality

Top Bottom