• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Phil Understand Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Phil said a while back “we can’t beat Sony or Nintendo simply with just having good games” or something to that accord.

This showcase was jammed with nothing but bangers full stop. A few “ok” titles.

Sony shit the bed. The other game showcases shit the bed. Nintendo didn’t even show up.

Guess what Phil? If you have good games people want the box and the game pass.

I’ll be looking for a series x digital this holiday season for myself. You SOLD me a Xbox with this showcase Phil. It’s that damn simple.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
bsflag.gif

For sure..

Shifty1897

Nintendo didn’t even show up.
Hang on now, the Direct is coming...
But yeah, they delayed switch 2 and said it won't be mentioned in the Direct so I wouldn't expect too much out of them. Microsoft won E3 this year, and it wasn't even close.

Arsic

Well, a little too soon to open champagne?
Shows like this can sell people on wanting the machine.

Even if all the games ended up being trash, the issue is they weren’t moving consoles. This show gave dozens of reasons for me to want one.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Shows like this can sell people on wanting the machine.

Even if all the games ended up being trash, the issue is they weren’t moving consoles. This show gave dozens of reasons for me to want one.
I am definitely excited about the games, but for folks like me that already have a PC, there is absolutely zero interest to purchase the console.

Arsic

You've actually played them already? How were they?
Incredible.

What is this argument? People can’t get hyped from gameplay trailers anymore? Every other event that’s the barometer for hype.

We saw a lot of in game footage of games and actual gameplay. Of which looked damn fine.

Not sure why I can’t deem it a “banger” from what’s shown so far. Could it be a turd on release? Sure just like any game.

StueyDuck

you need to calm to a panic, this was definitely what people have wanted from MS for a while now, a decent lineup of games.

But having said that, we still mostly got cinematics and "in-engine" footage, the games coming sooner were noticeably absent and finally it's hard to call any game a banger when we have very little gameplay to go on.

usually at an E3 we would get impressions and a blowouts on all the games to help provide bangerage. So for now it's more up to MS to Show/Tell more before we lul ourselves into a false sense of security.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Phil knew it was always about games, but he didn't want to be honest with his fanbase.

Sadly, it's far too late this gen to turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom