• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO Game Modes Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

How many ways will you play? Learn more about the upcoming game modes in DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO#DBSZ arrives October 11, 2024! Pre-order the Ultimate edition for 3 days early access: http://bnent.eu/PreorderDBSZ

• Episode Battles - Choose among 8 characters and relive some of their moments ranging from Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball Super.
  • Custom Battles - Create, play and share your best scenarios with other players around the world
  • Local Multiplayer - Available within the ‘Hyperbolic Time Chamber' stage

Saber

Gold Member
The excuses for not making a normal splitscreen are completelly bogus, as the previous Budokai Tenkaichi games have splitscreens and also feaures enviroment destruction. If those are really the problem(I doubt it is), they should then toned them down when played on splitscreen(its probably a sacrifice couch players would be totally fine as the main objeticve here is playing with people in house). This is probably a trick to force players into online, but I'm at least abit happy that they implemented splitscreen even with limitations, and fortunatelly these ones aren't bothersome to me.

Last edited:

Fake

I still don't quite fall into that excuse.

There are 4 split-screen games on Nintendo Switch. The fundamental aspect of splitscreen is to be fun with friends and family, graphics will always take a hit no matter what.

There are even PS2/N64 games with 4-player splitscreen who take a huge hit on performance, but never matter because they are there to fun purposes.

This is probably Sony/Microsoft trying to push their live services. We have like a bunch of tools to moderate performance, dynamic resolution scaler, dynamic settings, reduce resolution and even now using FSR.

If I would suggest, take the Resident Evil 5 approach. Two 480p screen with black border. Putting dynamic resolution scaler and UE already have some sort of reconstruct tech inbuild inside the engine.

Last edited:

Fake

BTW, I find funny using UE and not even trying Temporal Super Resolution (TSR).

We are in 2024 with a bunch of super cool techs to get performance boost, but splitscreen is still a challenge.

Tsaki

Thanks Series S! As more current-gen games come out, more features will be held back due to the RAM of this turd

Last edited:

Fake

Jez why so many Gokus?

Would be better only one Goku and after you select the game show what version of Goku you want.

Looks very strange in the HUD not showing others chars because of the many Goku/Vegeta that are taking place.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Tournament of Power is confirmed, I wonder how that will work in game. Should make it a custom battle royal mode. 80 vs 1. Would do wonders for online too.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Tournament of Power is confirmed, I wonder how that will work in game. Should make it a custom battle royal mode. 80 vs 1. Would do wonders for online too.
The game only supports 5v5, so the ToP arc will likely be highlight fights like:
goku and hit vs dyspo
Vegeta vs the danger trio
17 vs the huntress
Goku UI vs jiren
Vegeta vs top
Goku, freeza, 17 vs jiren

Top Bottom