• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake vs Kendrick Lamar

No one can say ‘factual bars’ when neither side has posted any actual receipts other than rapping ‘you did this’ and the other person saying ‘nuh uh, no I didn’t I planned it all!’ in a poetic way.

Represent. Represent. BearNecessity BearNecessity if it makes you feel better, we will go against public opinion and say that Drake won…so now what?

There’s still a gigantic pile of trash in front of us, and people are digging through that trash finding more and more evidence and anti-evidence on both sides. Why does Kendrick’s fiance’s brother follow and rooted for Kendrick during this battle(on twitter) when Drake claims Kendrick is beating his sister? Why does Drake keep finding himself over the years in these situations where he is speaking with random girls who are strangers to him, between the ages of 13 and 17?

It is contradictory stuff like this that makes everything so messy. It’s why people online are either ignoring it or going down deep rabbit holes to try and defend their side.
I dont like drake, but Im annoyed at kendricks lack of response. If he doesnt double down on this pedo stuff and it just goes away then kendrick has effectively amber heard this whole thing. Just another person who used metoo and dragged down the cause.

If kendrick does respond then I have no issue eating my words.

Last edited:
I dont like drake, but Im annoyed at kendricks lack of response. If he doesnt double down on this pedo stuff and it just goes away then kendrick has effectively amber heard this whole thing. Just another person who used metoo and dragged down the cause.

If kendrick does respond then I have no issue eating my words.
I want a Kendrick response too, if only because ending on Drake’s wet fart of a track sucks

Future dropping a mix tape this week, so maybe we get Kendrick in there.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Swy8N7j.jpeg

Don't look for the source if you've only seen the JJK anime. You've been warned.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Megan's "Hiss" dis track for a few months back was both a banger and genius... "You're not mad at me, you're mad at Megan's Law"... That ETHER'D Nicki Minaj...

Drake hasn't put anything THAT clever out in years! Certainly not recently. Kendrick is on a whole other level with being a battle rapper and now more mainstream but still lyrically dominant.
This is Kendricks first battle rap in the public eye. where as drake has been involved with many rappers before.
Drake's never going to win a battle on bars alone,
Yes he is. Kendrick isn't known for his BARS - Verses, lyricism? sure, but there is a difference. Lupe Fiasco was saying this the other day.
Kendrick never had a bar where I pause the track to rewind because it was so smart, witty or metaphorically great. just good writing.
that's not what he's good at and there are really only a handful of people out there who can write like Kendrick. Maybe if J. Cole stayed in this.
That is actually exactly what he's good at. Drake has good, solid bars. People like kendrick because he is charismatic and switches up his voice, not really for his bars.. He has good verses. not good BARS. there is a difference. Straight up.. his most memorable and most quoted bar before all this was... "girl! I know you want this dick". Now its A-minor.
What Drake can do is write a song that gets the whole club moving and singing along, and there's a real power in that. That's how he won against Meek Mill.

But instead he tried to meet Kendrick on his turf, Family Matters was 100% him trying to do a Kendrick-style track with all the beat switches and flow changes. And it was better than most people give Drake credit for but still fell short of Euphoria.

And then Kendrick flipped it on him by putting out Not Like Us, which is just this sing-along anthem that is obviously gonna go to #1.
I dont see how this is Kendricks turf. Kendrick hasn't gone at anyone except drake. No, the Control verse doesn't count, because when people responded to that, he ducked out and went ghost. That was just bait, he didn't actually battle anyone.

Drake meanwhile has gone at many rappers, and many rappers have gone at him.

Drake, who had way more to lose than Kendrick did, because of his position in the game, responded with pure rap, no gimmicks, just bars. He had more than 1 person to respond to. Everybody from Ross, Future, ASAP, Weeknd, Metro, Kanye West, Kendrick were taking shots. Everyone thought he would just fold - and be "scared" to go against the "boogeyman" of rap. Instead, he completely held his own, and in my opinion, outsmarted him, and barred him up.

My respect for him grew significantly after this beef. He didnt really have to engage in this at all, and he didnt back down - Went full steam ahead. I dont know how any fan of rap doesn't respect it

Like bruh...

Our sons should go play at the park, two lightskin kids, that shit would be cute
Unless you don't want to be seen with anyone that isn't blacker than you
We get it, we got it
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
We get that you like to put gin in your juice
We get that you think that you Bishop in Juice
When you put your hands on your girl, is it self-defense 'cause she bigger than you?
Your back is up against the curb, you diggin' for dirt, should be diggin' for proof
Why did you move to New York? Is it 'cause you livin' that bachelor life?
Proposed in 2015, but don't wanna make her your actual wife
I'm guessin' this wedding ain't happenin', right?
'Cause we know the girls that you actually like
Your darkest secrets are comin' to light

this shit is good. GOOOOD. people just dont listen.

Last edited:
What many people fail to notice or acknowledge is that Drake is Vanilla Ice version 2.0. A phony industry plant that can only make good records when other writers and producers do the heavy lifting. Drake is a shell. Drake is the Patrick Bateman of pop rap. Anybody that knows hip hop as a culture, not just random songs you like on the radio, has known this since he showed up. The machine that has largely turned mainstream hip hop into complete ass over the last 15 years is and always has been fully behind Drake. This is bigger than Kendrick vs Drake, this is the culture war of hip hop.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Can't believe I'm seeing someone write out essays to defend Aubrey Graham who has more Ghost Writers than Yooka-Laylee. WTF.

Drake had a lil solid bar or two on Family Matters but its over. At least Drake tried.

Last edited:
I like and respect that you’re being more rational about this.

Even if Kendrick does what you stated in the second half, the reason I still have a hard time putting all of the blame on Kendrick for this is because Drake himself dug himself into this hole all on his own. No one put a gun to his head and told him to interact with, meet up with, and message these young girls who are of no relation to him.

Again, whatever Kendrick states or doesn’t state should have no bearing on the fact that Drake has been in a lot of odd situations with female minors. Making Kendrick the fall guy for Drake’s own suspicious actions is the disconnect for me, feud or no feud.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Kendrick never had a bar where I pause the track to rewind because it was so smart, witty or metaphorically great. just good writing.
Madness, I can see you just don't know his body of work that well, but I also think you're missing my point so I'll break it down.
I dont see how this is Kendricks turf.
Yeah you don't get what I'm saying.

Kendrick's first clapback was Euphoria, and it was the most Kendrick thing ever -- a 7 minute track full of beat switches, technical showboating, constant flow switches, all the things Kendrick is just known for. Doesn't even have a chorus or anything.

So what does Drake respond with? Family Matters, a 7 minute track with multiple beat switches and flow switches and Drake doing his his level best to show some actual flow for a change.

And I am gonna give props to Family Matters as a good track on it's own, but it was essentially a Kendrick impression, and while most people (and especially Drake fans) were surprised to hear Drake do that and recognize this is probably the best Drake has rapped in years, he is simply not as good at this type of song as Kendrick and when you put that song next to Euphoria, it's really obvious who is the more skilled writer and performer.

Kendrick hasn't gone at anyone except drake.
Look, man, experience doesn't mean anything if you don't learn from it.

Drake beat Meek by clowning on him in a way that made it seem like Drake was having fun. He made a danceble summer anthem, and then walked away. Really hard to challenge that.

With Pusha T he got his ass handed to him early and walked away and took the L before it got worse.

He learned neither of those lessons here, instead he got in his feelings and dropped a track I know he regrets.

Drake, who had way more to lose than Kendrick did, because of his position in the game, responded with pure rap, no gimmicks, just bars.
Yes. And that is not where he has the advantage.

He had more than 1 person to respond to. Everybody from Ross, Future, ASAP, Weeknd, Metro, Kanye West, Kendrick were taking shots.
He didn't really have to respond to anyone but Dot and that was also a mistake. He shouldn't have given them anything more than strays.

Instead, he completely held his own, and in my opinion, outsmarted him, and barred him up.
Kendrick outsmarted him, man, he had people in his team leak him every track so he could line up a whole EP worth of replies, I don't see how any of this was Drake's plan.
Our sons should go play at the park, two lightskin kids, that shit would be cute
Unless you don't want to be seen with anyone that isn't blacker than you
We get it, we got it
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
We get that you like to put gin in your juice
We get that you think that you Bishop in Juice
When you put your hands on your girl, is it self-defense 'cause she bigger than you?
Your back is up against the curb, you diggin' for dirt, should be diggin' for proof
Why did you move to New York? Is it 'cause you livin' that bachelor life?
Proposed in 2015, but don't wanna make her your actual wife
I'm guessin' this wedding ain't happenin', right?
'Cause we know the girls that you actually like
Your darkest secrets are comin' to light

this shit is good. GOOOOD. people just dont listen.
I mean the first part is some real bad strawmanning trying to make it be about skintone, when Kendrick was really careful to only reference culture and never went there at all.

Like Drake keeps whiffing on even understanding what he hears, he fucked up the whole meaning of Mother I Sober and made it the whole crescendo of his song. He seems to have misread a retracted tabloid story from 2014 for the DV thing but the woman described in it wasn't Whitney and the story is probably bogus.

Kendrick does some of this too, the line about him fucking Weezy's girl while he was in prison confuses the timelines (Drake was with her first). But they're throwaway lines, he isn't building whole verses around them.

It looks like Drake’s Family Matters song is getting some public play also:

Also, fans have uncovered a supposed video interview from the 2010s about an alleged assault by Kendrick Lamar.

Apparently it was taken down (this needs verification) due to unknown reasons (this needs verification) by his crisis team.

This was the response/debunk regarding the above video:

Update regarding the shooting at Drake’s home:

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Also, fans have uncovered a supposed video interview from the 2010s about an alleged assault by Kendrick Lamar.

Apparently it was taken down (this needs verification) due to unknown reasons (this needs verification) by his crisis team.

Yeah and this seems to be the basis for Drake's whole attack, but as you can see it's not really super credible, like she didn't know who was involved at all, and someone told her later it was Kendrick but who the fuck knows. There's no police report, the woman mentions they had like 7 rooms and a lot of people, and it doesn't sound like even she really knew much about what was going on.

Drake somehow decides that the woman was Whitney and runs with it, but like usual he seems to be misunderstanding/twisting things.

I do think there is evidence that Kendrick and Whitney may have separated, but that's kind of hinted at on Mother I Sober ("She's gone, she did all she could), but that seems like a shitty thing to dog someone for when you've never even had a grown up long term relationship.

Yeah and this seems to be the basis for Drake's whole attack
This isn't Drake's attack. These uncovered items are from all of the internet sleuths on r/Drizzy because they are digging for anything they can to soften the blow of what just happened. They do not want to see a generational defeat/shift yet, so they will be digging for the next month for anything at all. I'm sure if social media existed when Ja Rule was around, we would have seem the same defense being played here when 50 cent was winning and nothing was stopping his momentum.
but as you can see it's not really super credible
We don't know this. I saw footage of a claim and footage of a denial. That's unfortunately all we have to go by.
like she didn't know who was involved at all
We don't fully know this either. She made a claim that it was Kendrick. We don't know if it was a case of mistaken identity (actually another rapper), or if she heard the name Kendrick in passing, or if Kendrick was in the vicinity and happened to be in the wrong place/wrong time, or if he actually did this and got in front of it before it got worse.
and someone told her later it was Kendrick but who the fuck knows
I need a source on this.
There's no police report, the woman mentions they had like 7 rooms and a lot of people, and it doesn't sound like even she really knew much about what was going on.
Which is a potential strike against her claim
Drake somehow decides that the woman was Whitney and runs with it
I need your proof of Drake himself connecting this specific incident to his general claim that Kendrick beats Whitney.
but like usual he seems to be misunderstanding/twisting things.
Again, this was the group fo people on r/Drizzy doing this. I will blame Drake when Drake and his team are involved, but I'm not going to blame Drake on behalf of what his fanbase is doing.
I do think there is evidence that Kendrick and Whitney may have separated, but that's kind of hinted at on Mother I Sober ("She's gone, she did all she could), but that seems like a shitty thing to dog someone for when you've never even had a grown up long term relationship.
This part I can agree with.

Also, I just want to make this clear to both you SF Kosmo SF Kosmo and Represent. Represent. I'm not taking part in this back-and-forth defense/offense thing you two are doing for both rappers. I'm the guy posting more information, claims, and proof as this proceeds, mostly so that it's recorded on this forum if someone were to go back and look. While I do see the evidence on multiple sides (internet, news, social media, fans, etc.) that Drake ultimately lost, that doesn't mean I am on the side of Kendrick nor am I anti-Drake. The same goes for when I post anything that doesn't favor Kendrick.

An example: If any situation happens where both parties are guilty, I am perfectly fine with mutually assured destruction of TDE and OVO, with J Cole riding off into the sunset as the only guy who made the right choice at the right time early on, like some Tarantino film. I can't confidently say that everyone here would be fine with that ending, especially a select few.

SF Kosmo

We don't know this. I saw footage of a claim and footage of a denial. That's unfortunately all we have to go by.
Right. Which, like I said, doesn't have much credibility. Just because a claim is not credible doesn't mean it's false, mind you, it means we really don't know.

We don't fully know this either. She made a claim that it was Kendrick.
But she also made it clear she didn't have any first hand knowledge on that front, and that she had no idea about it at the time. What she says is that an unnamed someone later told her it was Kendrick.

I need your proof of Drake himself connecting this specific incident to his general claim that Kendrick beats Whitney.
The reference to the crisis management team seems to connect them. Sure, it's possible there's another incident with a crisis management team, but since it seems like everything he says comes from half-remembered shit he saw on Reddit and Twitter, I'm sticking with what I said.

Again, this was the group fo people on r/Drizzy doing this. I will blame Drake when Drake and his team are involved, but I'm not going to blame Drake on behalf of what his fanbase is doing.
Drake seems to spend a lot of time online keying into all of this, so they're hard to separate. It's why he tried to latch onto r/Drizzy's stupid fake mole conspiracy, and accidentally shot himself in the dick in the process.

Right. Which, like I said, doesn't have much credibility. Just because a claim is not credible doesn't mean it's false, mind you, it means we really don't know.
This was exactly the point I was pointing out. You’re repeating my point back to me lol. I don’t know why.
But she also made it clear she didn't have any first hand knowledge on that front, and that she had no idea about it at the time. What she says is that an unnamed someone later told her it was Kendrick.
Yes, she is going by the account of the person who was allegedly in bad condition. The first hand knowledge comes from that person. The problem still lies in if the individual stated things factually to her. We will never know.
The reference to the crisis management team seems to connect them. Sure, it's possible there's another incident with a crisis management team, but since it seems like everything he says comes from half-remembered shit he saw on Reddit and Twitter, I'm sticking with what I said.
This isn’t confirmed. This is what you feel. That’s fine to feel, but I want to make that clear for the thread.
Drake seems to spend a lot of time online keying into all of this, so they're hard to separate. It's why he tried to latch onto r/Drizzy's stupid fake mole conspiracy, and accidentally shot himself in the dick in the process.
I will give you the fact that Drake spends a lot of time on his phone constantly looking at things or looking for validation/inspiration, but again, things did not happen the other way around. There is no record of him directly guiding his audience to these things nor did he promote it directly. The fans did that on their own accord, because like I said earlier, they are looking for any small pebble of evidence to soften this loss blow.

Looking at all events when Drake spoke to other media influencers(like Akademiks or Kai Cenat), it was mostly by direct messages regarding two things: him letting them know he is dropping a song and also the ‘what do you mean I have a daughter?’ question, which again the second part makes his ‘I planned this all along’ seem extremely, extremely shaky as a rebuttal because that sounds like a man who was thrown off guard.

If you want, I can blame quite a few things on Drake, but I’m not going to start throwing out blame to Drake (or Kendrick for that matter) due to actions beyond their control.

SF Kosmo

Yes, she is going by the account of the person who was allegedly in bad condition.
No, that's not at all what she says. She explicitly says she had no idea who was involved at the time of the incident, but that at some later point someone told her it was Kendrick, but she doesn't elaborate any more than that.

The first hand knowledge comes from that person.
She explicitly states she had no first hand knowledge and doesn't even say the person who told her did.

There is no record of him directly guiding his audience to these things nor did he promote it directly.
Lol, no that's not what I am saying. I am saying the fans came up with that theory first and he read it and decided to run with it, but he didn't realize how dumb that would sound without receipts.

Like it's one thing to not have proof for a rumor or allegation, it's another literally say "I set you up" and then not be able to produce anything that shows that.

Drake got caught lying. There's no way to plant evidence for someone and then not be able to at least show DMs or whatever to prove it.

Kendrick: ‘Theres nothing I hate more than pedos, freaky ass n* he a 69 god.’

Also Kendrick: ‘If spotify pulls R Kellys music then I will pull all of my music from spotify.’

Start with early Pixies and go (backward or forward) from there.
I’ll be honest, I was just being a smartass.
I’ve seen the pixies live like 3 times, listened to all their classic records. I was being a smartass because it’s stupid to a) think hip hop isn’t good music, and b) assume people who like hip hop don’t listen to other kinds of music as well.

I wasn’t sure if you’d say Radiohead, Beatles, King Crimson, Nick Cave, Bad Brains, Charles Mingus, Death, who knows, but just so you know, I’ve listened to it, and I like all kinds of music.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Good point...

I LOVE real hip hop... But I also love Tchaikovsky, Bette Midler, the Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, The Five Tops, Chubby Checker, Cab Calloway, Howling Wolf, Minnie Ripperton, Michael Jackson, Kool and the Gang, The Police, Michael McDonald, New Edition, James Brown, Big Daddy Kane, Parliament Funkadelic, Muddy Waters, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, MC Hammer, Janelle Monae, Jidenna, LL Cool J, Beethoven, Chevalier, Megan Thee Stallion, Digable Planets...

And so much more! Hip Hop heads usually have a BROAD musical taste.

darrylgorn

I’ll be honest, I was just being a smartass.
I’ve seen the pixies live like 3 times, listened to all their classic records. I was being a smartass because it’s stupid to a) think hip hop isn’t good music, and b) assume people who like hip hop don’t listen to other kinds of music as well.

I wasn’t sure if you’d say Radiohead, Beatles, King Crimson, Nick Cave, Bad Brains, Charles Mingus, Death, who knows, but just so you know, I’ve listened to it, and I like all kinds of music.

I have nothing against the genre, hip hop, but I'm not a fan of drake or lamar or really anything that has too much autotune associated with it.

The only thing I've been introduced to that I like is probably Method Man or DJ Shadow (if that even counts as part of the genre).

SF Kosmo

I have nothing against the genre, hip hop, but I'm not a fan of drake or lamar or really anything that has too much autotune associated with it.
Kendrick hardly ever uses autotune and I'd barely even put him in the same genre as Drake.

A lot of people sleep on Kendrick because they only know his features or his big crossover hits where he dumbs it down, but the man has the most technical, dynamic, in-the-pocket flows ever, like a jazz drummer on the beat, and incredibly dense lyrics. There's a reason he's the favorite MC of music nerds.

The trend in the last 10 years of hip hop has been a focus on vibe over lyrics and flow and that's where you get a lot of this sing song Auto-Tune shit but Kendrick is one of the main guys pushing back against that. In fact one of the main criticisms people make against Kendrick is that he's always trying to do these heady conceptual albums instead of just giving everybody a good vibe.

Last edited:

The only thing I've been introduced to that I like is probably Method Man or DJ Shadow (if that even counts as part of the genre).
Not a fan of drake, the auto tune business was covered above, but Method and Wu Tang rule. As does DJ Shadow. I’ve seen shadow a few times, and Wu and Wu members a bunch as well. Have a pic of me hand clutching Ghostface somewhere when I was drunk as hell.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Yep! It counts. Check out the artists BEFORE auto tune choked the industry. You'll find a lot to like in Hip Hop...

SF Kosmo

Yep! It counts. Check out the artists BEFORE auto tune choked the industry. You'll find a lot to like in Hip Hop...
There's still lyrical rappers coming up but it's not the trend.

Everything has kind of split into either drill or melodic sing-song mumble rap (which really needs a subgenre name because I really don't even think of it as hip-hop exactly). And neither of those is really my bag, I find they both get samey and repetitive.

These are some local unsigned kids from my neighborhood that I have my eye on.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
There's still lyrical rappers coming up but it's not the trend.

Everything has kind of split into either drill or melodic sing-song mumble rap (which really needs a subgenre name because I really don't even think of it as hip-hop exactly). And neither of those is really my bag, I find they both get samey and repetitive.

These are some local unsigned kids from my neighborhood that I have my eye on.

They're dope!

Yeah, I was basically telling him to get acquainted with stuff before auto tune like the greats ... Big Daddy Kane, LL COOL J, Nas, MC Lyte, Heavy D... Maybe not all were the most lyrical rappers in Hip Hop but they all made an impact and expanded hip hop to be more varied. Like fusing rap and Jazz like Digable Planets did.

SF Kosmo

Looks like this got weird overnight. An anonymous Twitter account posted a video showing all of the items from the Meet the Grahams cover, and along it clear that they are rocking with Kendrick, not Drake, and accusing Drake of threatening legal charges for the "theft" of the items.

But it gets weirder from there. There's what sound like coded threats, screenshots of CCTV footage of a hotel Drake stayed at, images of a laptop some think might belong to Drake, and it's bringing out the Internet sleuths trying to figure it all out.

I kind of hate when people start making an ARG out of real life, a lot of times it gets a little pizzagate galaxy brained, so I am going to patiently wait for more information before I draw any conclusions. But it feels ominous.

Last edited:
Kendrick: ‘Theres nothing I hate more than pedos, freaky ass n* he a 69 god.’

Also Kendrick: ‘If spotify pulls R Kellys music then I will pull all of my music from spotify.’
You probably know this already, but part of the main reason Kendrick said that was to point out Spotify’s hypocrisy of removing R. Kelly’s music but not removing other artists who were known for equal or worse crimes.

It was basically a ‘burn it all equally or keep it all up equally’ stance. It has been shortened into the above quote thanks to hit pieces, headline-fishing, and the internet being the internet.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
While remnants of mumble rap still slightly linger, it largely went out of the limelight the minute punk-rap and Tyler The Creator’s style of rap came into the picture.

People like Juice World, Denzel Curry, Vince Staples, Danny Brown, etc., and of course Tyler himself, have been examples of what younger audiences changed to listening to around 2018/2019ish.

Drake, Kendrick, and Cole are actually considered older acts today, much like Jay Z was when these 3 first started growing in popularity.
Really good posts, and impressive diss tracks those are bangers today Kendrick is the best rapper in the world but man drake someone has to back him up as far as the fake lyrics go.

SF Kosmo

So it seems like the CCTV footage that this mysterious leaker has is Drake beating up or injuring a severely handicapped dwarf in a wheelchair at a NYC hotel. What the fuck, this shit is getting so dark.

Kar

So it seems like the CCTV footage that this mysterious leaker has is Drake beating up or injuring a severely handicapped dwarf in a wheelchair at a NYC hotel. What the fuck, this shit is getting so dark.
Sounds like something you might hear on Al Jazeera.

I have a feeling the reality of this Ebony Prince dudes insinuations aren't as bad as some of the conclusions many people are jumping to. The fact that he appears to be the person that leaked the picture of what ended up being the Meet the Grahams single cover might be giving him too much benefit of the doubt.

He's being very up front that for him, this is mostly about money. I respect that, but that also has me thinking this person is making things out to be more than what they actually are in order to secure the proverbial bag.

SF Kosmo

I have a feeling the reality of this Ebony Prince dudes insinuations aren't as bad as some of the conclusions many people are jumping to. The fact that he appears to be the person that leaked the picture of what ended up being the Meet the Grahams single cover might be giving him too much benefit of the doubt.

He's being very up front that for him, this is mostly about money. I respect that, but that also has me thinking this person is making things out to be more than what they actually are in order to secure the proverbial bag.
He's definitely just out for the money, but the images of the security footage he leaked so far do seem to tell a tale. They have this man in a wheelchair next to Drake and then with a giant bruise on his face.

Toots

Gold Member
Thank god for the anime parodies because this beef was getting stale...

As an aside, does Kendrick understand that portraying himself as jesus is, one extremely lame, and two makes his wife mary magdalena ?

pDZv2kN.jpeg

Also it makes the "i got a swimming pool full of liquor and they dive in it" line much less impressive knowing what transpired at the wedding at Cana.

Last edited:
He's definitely just out for the money, but the images of the security footage he leaked so far do seem to tell a tale. They have this man in a wheelchair next to Drake and then with a giant bruise on his face.
Giant bruise? I don't think I've seen that.

The way this dude is stretching things out has me thinking that he is convinced that Drake's camp is going to eventually get him his money. Some of the recent tweets from the last couple hours are interesting, but I can see this being a wet fart whenever he reveals whatever it is he's been teasing. Either way, I would be lying if I said I wasn't compelled.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Kendrick won but drake didn't get eviscerated, the meat gobbling needs to calm down.
Its absolutely ridiculous lmao. Cant take anyone that says he got WASHED seriously.

They went bar for bar. Kendrick won off strategy, not bars. Drake held his own against the "boogeyman" of rap (and like 10 other dudes at the same time)

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Its absolutely ridiculous lmao. Cant take anyone that says he got WASHED seriously.

They went bar for bar. Kendrick won off strategy, not bars. Drake held his own against the "boogeyman" of rap (and like 10 other dudes at the same time)
If this ended at Meet the Grahams I think it would probably be more debated and contested. Family Matters was a solid response to Euphoria. And Meet the Grahams was a great piece of writing and the fast response time tilted the conversation, but it's not a song with a ton of replay that was gonna have long legs after the weekend.

But then Not Like Us came out and is an actual #1 Billboard hit. And it isn't the strongest bars in this whole thing, but the power of a hit song is really hard to ignore. When Kendrick says he's what the culture is feeling, he's clearly right. And it's especially noteworthy because he is the underdog in that regard, Drake has way more radio hits.

And then... The Heart Part 6 came out. And this is really where Drake lost definitively. This song is just pathetic on every level and it exposed Drake as liar and a loser, the writing is weak, it's defensive, and then he just cries uncle at the end and it's ball over. I can't think of a time where the loser in a rap beef committed their defeat to wax like this, but it was absolutely brutal.

So even if you think Drake held it down with Family Matters vs Euphoria you can't ignore the messy way it all ended with Kendrick going to #1 and Drake committing suicide in song.

Last edited:
Whether you think Drake won or Kendrick won is irrelevant to me (although it’s clear that Kendrick bodied him). I am no fan of either. But I lament on what could have been because the best diss track that dropped was by neither of these boys. J. Cole’s 7 Minute Drill was BRUTAL.

SF Kosmo

Whether you think Drake won or Kendrick won is irrelevant to me (although it’s clear that Kendrick bodied him). I am no fan of either. But I lament on what could have been because the best diss track that dropped was by neither of these boys. J. Cole’s 7 Minute Drill was BRUTAL.
It was pretty obvious Cole was just going through the motions on 7 Minute Drill, like he felt like Kenny was calling him out and he had to say something but he likes Kendrick too much so he just recycled some shit from Jay-Z's Takeover. You could tell his heart wasn't in it.

Kenny still have Cole some strays in Euphoria even though he had backed down by then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom