• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune: Awakening - New Trailers Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
GQhzoulXIAAbbzh

Funcom hosted Dune: Awakening Direct Episode 2 on June 20 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET and revealed new gameplay:

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

What ll help to sell a videogame:

1 - Show gameplay of your game, mechanics, combat, puzzles, story...

or

2 - put some devs to talk and talk and talk while showing 2 secs clips of whatever.

Does this ppl really thing we get hyped by this kind of shit ? geez, western gaming needs to die ASAP

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I’ll play it, but as someone who remembers Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, etc, I have doubts.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Where’s the part with actual gameplay? Or does the character creator count as well?
I'm pretty sure the only thing they've shown is travel on the "overland map".

I will parrot this again and again. This is what you get when people show games too early. Those CG sequences are pointless. This is basically nothing.

Pop

Eh idk

Too much yappin without actual gameplay. And I'm not liking that "open world" system.

SJRB

Gold Member
images

"N-Now, eventually you do plan to have actual gameplay in your.. in your videogame tour, right? Hello? Is this thing on?"

Total crap, not to mention the waste of the available material (between books and films I presume)... But how do you make such horrible stuff? Who is this kind of game for? Is this the current status of the industry?

Fluo

I’ll play it, but as someone who remembers Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, etc, I have doubts.
Same. It's a mystery to me why they never made Anarchy Online 2, it's such a unique setting which is already heavily inspired by Dune. I guess all original creators have left a long time ago.
Next to Conan Exiles this looks a bit too toothless, overly safe and uninspired.

Top Bottom