• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Egg related crimes rising in the US

Bullet Club

Banned
Up by at least 1.

Woman seriously hurt, hit by egg thrown from SUV in Hendersonville

HENDERSONVILLE, TN (WSMV) - A woman is recovering from serious injuries after she was hit with an egg in Hendersonville on Tuesday night.

Around 4:30 p.m., Hendersonville Police said a woman walking in the area of Oak Place near Indian Lake Road was hit by an egg thrown from a SUV. The victim was taken to a hospital for medical treatment of serious injuries, police said.

"When she got hit, she didn't even realize it was an egg. She thought she had been hit with a baseball or a brick,"

News 4 talked with a woman, who was friends with the victim of this egg attack. She did not release her identity, due to fears of being a victim.

“All I could get out in a crying voice was come get me. I've been hit."

The woman found her friend on the side of the road on her knees.

"Her eye, nose, mouth area was covered in blood. Her arms were covered in blood. So, it was quite traumatic."

About 30 minutes later, a mother and her daughter were walking on Saundersville Road right in front of Linear Park when police said they were hit by eggs. Police said those two walkers suffered minor injuries.

"There's a fine line between doing some things that are horsing around and doing something that's going to start being dangerous to others," Hendersonville Police Detective Sergeant Christopher Gagnon said.

Gagnon said the first woman had to go to the hospital for her eye. He considers her injuries to be serious.

Gagnon said whoever did this could face aggravated assault charges.

"Whether it was meant to be humorous, it turned out to be not so humorous," Gagnon said.

Friends of the woman seriously hurt have this message.

"You've really hurt a family and friends by hurting someone that we love so dearly."

The woman first attacked has some lingering pain, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows anything about the people involved to call the Hendersonville Police Criminal Investigation Division at (615)264-5303 or anonymously to the Hendersonville Crime Stoppers at (615)594-4113.

Source: News 4 Nashville

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
JPqKY6m.png

Soodanim

I’m confused by the physics of this. If the egg in question is a raw egg, how does the shell retain structural integrity on impact with human skin? The eye, nose and mouth area as mentioned were covered in blood, so we’re either talking about a tiny weak head or there’s someone going around egging people with ostrich eggs.

I get that no one wants anything in the eye, and the person that threw it at the face is a twat, but I’m focussed on more important things like the laws of the universe.

JimiNutz

Banned
We used to love egging when I was a kid.
A dozen eggs was pretty cheap and provided plenty of laughs.

We'd throw them at people, cars, houses etc but my favourite memory was in Brixton (London UK).

We were walking down the high street during summer and some huge Rastafarian looking dude was driving his bus with his window open... Big mistake. I hurled that egg straight at his head and watched the contents gloriously spill out all over his head and hair.

What made it so memorable though was that he wasn't taking that from some stupid punk white kid. He slammed the breaks on, left his bus in the middle of the high street and gave chase!

The thrill of the chase was epic but I was too fast and gave him the slip.
Unfortunately my friend Russian George was a lot bigger/fatter than I was and wasn't so quick.

Leave no man behind? Fuck that. Seeing Russian George fall helplessly to the floor as I ran off into the distance made it all the sweeter.

We never killed or seriously injured anyone though. Kids these days, no respect.

This is eggsactly the kind of Shell-fish behaviour you would eggspect from kids who egg each other on, not adults though. The police should scramble their best units to poach these scumbags. Nobody should have to walk on egg shells, worrying about getting an egg to the noggin. These people should be eggsecuted.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
11c.gif

I’m confused by the physics of this. If the egg in question is a raw egg, how does the shell retain structural integrity on impact with human skin? The eye, nose and mouth area as mentioned were covered in blood, so we’re either talking about a tiny weak head or there’s someone going around egging people with ostrich eggs.

I get that no one wants anything in the eye, and the person that threw it at the face is a twat, but I’m focussed on more important things like the laws of the universe.
if it hit you dead on pointy bit first then it's totally possible that the egg wouldn't break and would really hurt. if it hit you on its side yeah it'd break easily.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

An egg thrown from a moving car can hit at 45-50 miles an hour easy, even greater if the thrower is throwing in the direction that the car is moving. You want to get pelted in the face by an egg moving that fast?

Especially a large robust organic free range DHA omega brown chicken egg, they have thicker shells. It is science!

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
We used to love egging when I was a kid.
A dozen eggs was pretty cheap and provided plenty of laughs.

We'd throw them at people, cars, houses etc but my favourite memory was in Brixton (London UK).

We were walking down the high street during summer and some huge Rastafarian looking dude was driving his bus with his window open... Big mistake. I hurled that egg straight at his head and watched the contents gloriously spill out all over his head and hair.

What made it so memorable though was that he wasn't taking that from some stupid punk white kid. He slammed the breaks on, left his bus in the middle of the high street and gave chase!

The thrill of the chase was epic but I was too fast and gave him the slip.
Unfortunately my friend Russian George was a lot bigger/fatter than I was and wasn't so quick.

Leave no man behind? Fuck that. Seeing Russian George fall helplessly to the floor as I ran off into the distance made it all the sweeter.

We never killed or seriously injured anyone though. Kids these days, no respect.
We always did the flour and egg routine when leaving secondary school too. Think it's frowned upon now because throwing two thirds of the ingredients of a sponge cake at someone is clearly incredibly dangerous .

dr_octagon

Banned
This is eggsactly the kind of Shell-fish behaviour you would eggspect from kids who egg each other on, not adults though. The police should scramble their best units to poach these scumbags. Nobody should have to walk on egg shells, worrying about getting an egg to the noggin. These people should be eggsecuted.
TL;DR: Police suspect fowl play

Perfeggction

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What have we learned:
#1 you can get hit in the head with an egg and think it’s a baseball or brick
#2 must be accurate with egg throwing if you wanna make headlines

GeorgPrime

Banned
Up by at least 1.

Woman seriously hurt, hit by egg thrown from SUV in Hendersonville

HENDERSONVILLE, TN (WSMV) - A woman is recovering from serious injuries after she was hit with an egg in Hendersonville on Tuesday night.

Around 4:30 p.m., Hendersonville Police said a woman walking in the area of Oak Place near Indian Lake Road was hit by an egg thrown from a SUV. The victim was taken to a hospital for medical treatment of serious injuries, police said.

"When she got hit, she didn't even realize it was an egg. She thought she had been hit with a baseball or a brick,"

News 4 talked with a woman, who was friends with the victim of this egg attack. She did not release her identity, due to fears of being a victim.

“All I could get out in a crying voice was come get me. I've been hit."

The woman found her friend on the side of the road on her knees.

"Her eye, nose, mouth area was covered in blood. Her arms were covered in blood. So, it was quite traumatic."

About 30 minutes later, a mother and her daughter were walking on Saundersville Road right in front of Linear Park when police said they were hit by eggs. Police said those two walkers suffered minor injuries.

"There's a fine line between doing some things that are horsing around and doing something that's going to start being dangerous to others," Hendersonville Police Detective Sergeant Christopher Gagnon said.

Gagnon said the first woman had to go to the hospital for her eye. He considers her injuries to be serious.

Gagnon said whoever did this could face aggravated assault charges.

"Whether it was meant to be humorous, it turned out to be not so humorous," Gagnon said.

Friends of the woman seriously hurt have this message.

"You've really hurt a family and friends by hurting someone that we love so dearly."

The woman first attacked has some lingering pain, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or knows anything about the people involved to call the Hendersonville Police Criminal Investigation Division at (615)264-5303 or anonymously to the Hendersonville Crime Stoppers at (615)594-4113.

Source: News 4 Nashville

Oh no why are they throwing those eggs? people really like this chicken genocide stuff

Top Bottom