• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring reaches 25 million players

Draugoth

Gold Member
Elden ring has officially shipped 25 million units

GP4MxZgWwAAhy_z

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Might be the best game ever made in the HD era of games, so well deserved.

Still could be better tho! Less reused bosses and better feedback when hitting stuff would be nice, plus a better camera... but still, what an amazing experience playing this game for the first time was.

Might be the best game ever made in the HD era of games, so well deserved.

Still could be better tho! Less reused bosses and better feedback when hitting stuff would be nice, plus a better camera... but still, what an amazing experience playing this game for the first time was.

Plus better and more classic dungeons and scattered dungeons, better balancing, and loot rewards

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Plus better and classic dungeons and scattered dungeons, better balancing, and loot rewards
Yeah the loot rewards where the worst of those imo.

This might sound like heresy to the most hardcore fans, but I think having actual classes and being able to swap them whenever you want would have been great. Many times I did one of those smaller dungeons only to find some item or spell at the end of it that my character couldn't use. Being able to switch classes like in Dragon's Dogma would fix that quite easily.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I’m just not sure if it’s worth it to me to buy. I had a pretty good fill of the base game already
Well, it's more Elden Ring. More bosses, more weapons, more dungeons, more story, etc. If you had enough with the base game, this will do nothing for you.

Hypnotoad

I finally had the time to dive into the games this year, now on my second playthrough. Despite some flaws that "only" make it a 9/10 for me, it is also one of the all-time greats. The success is well-deserved.

Yeah the loot rewards where the worst of those imo.

This might sound like heresy to the most hardcore fans, but I think having actual classes and being able to swap them whenever you want would have been great. Many times I did one of those smaller dungeons only to find some item or spell at the end of it that my character couldn't use. Being able to switch classes like in Dragon's Dogma would fix that quite easily.

Yep, and bosses hyper aggressive move set disadvantages certain builds pretty severely in certain cases

Having class builds that are interchangeable at times would be cool to see to help with the balancing and diversity of play style

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yep, and bosses hyper aggressive move set disadvantages certain builds pretty severely in certain cases

Having class builds that are interchangeable at times would be cool to see to help with the balancing and diversity of play style
There's a new Soulslike releasing (soon or is already out?) called Enotria that has a system kind of like this. There is a demo available right now too.

Plenty of junk, but essentially you can switch between "masks" and that changes your stats and gameplay in many ways like a class would.

TintoConCasera

There's a new Soulslike releasing (soon or is already out?) called Enotria that has a system kind of like this. There is a demo available right now too.

Plenty of junk, but essentially you can switch between "masks" and that changes your stats and gameplay in many ways like a class would.
Hey, that one looks cool, thanks!

I think Code: Vein had a similar system, but it's been way too long since I tried that one to remember.

Well deserved.

Still unsure of the DLC…doesn’t seem different enough from base game
Seriously? Brand new weapons, characters, bosses, environments and introduces some new systems to balance the DLC and base game. That's in addition to the new story that compliments the game.

Also why does it need to be different, it just needs to expand on the base game. Bizarre take for DLC, it's not a sequel.

Seriously? Brand new weapons, characters, bosses, environments and introduces some new systems to balance the DLC and base game. That's in addition to the new story that compliments the game.

Also why does it need to be different, it just needs to expand on the base game. Bizarre take for DLC, it's not a sequel.

It’s perfectly fine for most players!

I’m just saying for me - I don’t know if a really want to play more of the same after the base game is so large

It’s perfectly fine for most players!

I’m just saying for me - I don’t know if a really want to play more of the same after the base game is so large
I understand that I guess. The base game is bloody massive and I could see why some people might not want to drop another 30 hours on a game if they've already spent a lot of time playing it. I'm usually the same to be honest, most open world titles I've usually had my fill after the base game. I'll make an exception here though since it's the only open world game I've played where I've been eager to see more as I progress.

GrayChild

I don't think even FROM themselves have expected this to blow up that much. This is insane!

I remember when everyone was ecstatic over Dark Souls reaching a million, claiming its their new golden goose.

Gideon

Incredible achievement for one of the greatest games ever made :D expansion will push it to 30+ million I'm thinking.

Top Bottom