• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empower Mint and More: The Continual Goodness of Ben & Jerry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

Empower Mint is a new flavor from Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. It's one of the best mint ice creams I've ever had.

empowermint-detail.png

My local market always has B&J's for $2.99 each, if not 2/$5 on sale. I honestly don't even bother with other ice creams a lot of the time anymore. My favorites:

Phish Food
Chocolate Therapy
Chubby Hubby
Milk & Cookies (which is pretty rare)
The Tonight Dough
Cheesecake Brownie
Belgian Salted Caramel Brown-ie Ale

The CORE flavors are super hit and miss for me, unfortunately. Otherwise, they keep knocking it out of the park! The days of 3 scoops for me are over. I can get one scoop of B&J's and be totally satisfied.

I have to give it to Haagen Dazs though. Caramel Cone > Americone Dream

This is an ice cream lover's thread. What's your favorite? Also, do you think the limited edition flavors are worthwhile? My least favorite of those so far is Save Our Swirled.

kmfdmpig

I like Ben and Jerry's, but not as much as many people do.

Talenti is a lot less complex with their flavors, but the ingredients seem to be higher quality and the end result, to me at least, seems better.

I can't imagine any mint ice cream beating out Talenti's Mediterranean Mint. Tillamook's Mint Chocolate Chip is a nice option as well.

I had some the other day for the first time in awhile and it was damn good. It was the Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Core flavor and I was impressed the core had the proper cheesecake texture.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh that looks great.

I haven't found cinnamon bun B&Js in awhile, did they discontinue it? If so this might be my new go to.

Talenti is a lot less complex with their flavors, but the ingredients seem to be higher quality and the end result, to me at least, seems better.

I can't imagine any mint ice cream beating out Talenti's Mediterranean Mint. Tillamook's Mint Chocolate Chip is a nice option as well.

Glad we got the Talenti love going already. Mediterranean Mint is so fucking good.

kmfdmpig

This is my favorite
with Haagen Dazs being the best alterative.

What's great about Graeter's is that the chocolate chunks can be normal sized or the size of a small state. I always feel like an architect excavating through the pint unsure of what I might dig out.

we have a legit ice cream parlor in the city near where we live (Beth Marie's in Denton TX) that is so god damn good, that's my favorite.

seasonal flavors and all that kind of shit
A++

as for store bought generic stuff, late night snack is the worst ice cream ever made (the first ben and jerry's fallon flavor. had god damn potato chips in it)

tonight dough is the shit though

my favorite is still americone dream

BlueBell Vanilla bean is the best ice cream ever created

Davey Cakes

Oh that looks great.

I haven't found cinnamon bun B&Js in awhile, did they discontinue it? If so this might be my new go to.
Oh man. I forgot to mention Cinnamon Bun. Like Milk & Cookies, it's kind of rare but I believe it's a standard flavor. Just amazingly rich and wonderful.

Also, the word "gobs" is just the best. Any time B&J's mentions "gobs of" anything I'm just like:
lhjhbB9.gif

Glad we got the Talenti love going already. Mediterranean Mint is so fucking good.
I like Talenti. They don't put as much "stuff" in but the quality is there. I liked their pistachio and salted caramel flavors.

BlueBell Vanilla bean is the best ice cream ever created
The best Vanilla Bean I've had is Brigham's, definitely. Never tried BlueBell.

Does anybody get Ben & Jerry's plain vanilla? Serious question. It seems pointless for the price but maybe there's something I'm missing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Half Baked is the GOAT store bought ice cream.

Ben & Jerry's crams too much damn stuff in their ice cream. The last time I had some I found a dinosaur fossil and a treasure map.

kmfdmpig

Haagen Dazs broke my heart when they stopped making Baileys Irish Cream ice cream. So good

That sounds great. They used to make a shake out of that at their mall kiosks, but I've never had it as an ice cream flavor. Liqueur flavors such as amaretto, rum raisin, and Irish cream are some of my favorites.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
All about dat Haagan Dazs life dawg. The ice cream is better quality and they don't put so much candy and junk in it. I want ice cream, not filler.

zero_suit

Talenti is very good. Unfortunately, it's $4.99 where I live.

I like Ben and Jerry's, but I hate how their best flavors are usually exclusive to certain stores or are only around for a limited time.

Also not a big fan of mint lol.

Best flavors I've tried so far are:

Cherry Garcia
Nutty Caramel Swirl (discontinued)
Cake My Day (discontinued)
The Tonight Dough
Peanut Brittle (discontinued)
Save our Swirled (discontinued?)
Peanut Butter Jam Session
Americone Dream
Cotton Candy (discontinued)
Peanut Butter World

Jackpot

Banned
Mint is my favourite flavour but we'll never see a UK release.

This just got a limited release in the UK and I'm so glad. Mint and brownies together at last. Only change I'd make is adding green food colouring to match my childhood memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom