• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EPA chief Scott Pruitt denies CO2 is a "primary contributor" to global warming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spladam

The Trump appointed administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency said he "would not agree" that carbon dioxide has been proven a "primary contributor" to global warming. Pruitt offered no other possible contributors to the already established scientific phenomenon, but did add the caveat "we don't know that yet. ... We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis."

As head of the EPA, his view on the role of CO2 in earth's atmosphere is not only contradictory to the findings of both NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, but also contradictory to the EPA's own website, which plainly states (down the page under the heading "Carbon Dioxide") "Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change."

I would have to assume as the head of the EPA that Mr. Pruitt has seen at least some of the science and has been advised by scientist familiar with this area of study, and is contradictory to the experts findings for the sole purpose of helping the Energy Industry's fossil fuel companies. Mr Pruitt had established a close relationship with various fossil fuel companies while serving as Oklahoma attorney general. During his time as Oklahoma AG, Pruitt sued or took part in legal actions against the EPA 14 times. I would suggest anyone reading this that lives in the United States email AND call your state representatives and express your displeasure with head of the EPA, I know I will.

Video of his statement here.

Dump thread in nearest landfill if old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom