• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-St. Louis police officer Jason Stockley found not guilty of murder

Flo_Evans

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2017/09/11/st-louis-county-city-police-prepare-for-stockley-verdict/

Stockley, who is white, fatally shot Anthony Lamar Smith, who is black, after a police chase on Dec. 20, 2011. Prosecutors have alleged Stockley planted a .38-caliber revolver in Smith's crashed Buick after shooting him five times at close range. The defense has said Stockley shot Smith in self-defense because Stockley believed Smith was reaching for a gun.

Verdict is rumored to come out tomorrow. Buckle up STL GAF.

good summary of the events:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e0530fba-5db7-500e-9b31-3dd4512fe5bc.html

Officer (while carrying his personal AK of course) attempts to stop Smith.
Smiths flees, almost running over Stockley.
Chase gets going officer says "I'm going to kill this guy" on tape.
Smith crashes, Stockley gets out and fires at close range.
Stockley plants gun in car.

The cops are going to kill people this time. Greitens has already said if anything happens he will call the National Guard.

Stay safe.

scitek

Police cars are apparently lined up near MHP headquarters expecting to help with protests...

https://www.facebook.com/themarccoxshow/videos/1649121958493700/

I've heard businesses are boarding up their windows, and people are stocking up on food so they won't have to leave their homes... you'd think another hurricane was about to hit. The center of this shit is going to go down just a couple blocks from my apartment, too.

They already have barriers up. STLPD doesn't fuck around I doubt anything will happen. I live downtown and I am not worried.

I hope you're right!

MechaX

It's gotten so bad that my job (I work in downtown) flat out told us to not even come into work tomorrow and work from home.

Stay safe, STL-GAF.

Slayven

Police cars are apparently lined up near MHP headquarters expecting to help with protests...

https://www.facebook.com/themarccoxshow/videos/1649121958493700/

I've heard businesses are boarding up their windows, and people are stocking up on food so they won't have to leave their homes... you'd think another hurricane was about to hit. The center of this shit is going to go down just a couple blocks from my apartment, too.

I hope you're right!
Shows deep down people know the shit ain't right

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Its almost like someone's broadcasting: With enough preparation, you'll be able to legally murder angry black people without having to be a cop.

To think potential violence might be avoidable if the dirty cop s punished but that seems to be an unrealistic expectation in this country. The path of least resistance is to enrage the citizens and risk more shedding of blood.

Its almost like someone's broadcasting: With enough preparation, you'll be able to legally murder angry black people without having to be a cop.

To think potential violence might be avoidable if the dirty cop s punished but that seems to be an unrealistic expectation in this country. The path of least resistance is to enrage the citizens and risk more shedding of blood.

Yeah, this is too true.

He's walking. It's easy to kill black pepole and get away with it isn't it.

It's gotten so bad that my job (I work in downtown) flat out told us to not even come into work tomorrow and work from home.

Stay safe, STL-GAF.

He's walking. It's too good to be true to expect anything else.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Preparing for the inevitable, I imagine. That cop was so scared he just had to murder that man!

mike6467

Every fucking time I'm left speechless. The sad part is I would've been surprised if it had gone any other way. It can only get worse. Fuck.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I hope there are huge fucking riots. The justice system is a joke in his country, especially when it comes to minorities.

I hope there are huge fucking riots. The justice system is a joke in his country, especially when it comes to minorities.

There will be riots and the reaction will be (like it always is) "Look how violent and aggressive the black community is. These cops are right to fear for their lives"

This country actively fears and hates black men. I don't know how we ever get past that

McBryBry

Work a few minutes west of the city. Have to go northeast into Illinois to get home. Girlfriend is already texting me to let her know when I get home because its probably (rightfully so in my opinion) going to get baaaaad. I think it was going to get ugly no matter which way the conviction went.

pompidu

The justice system only exists to collect money and control the poor. This country is not for us but for the elite.

scitek

Work a few minutes west of the city. Have to go northeast into Illinois to get home. Girlfriend is already texting me to let her know when I get home because its probably (rightfully so in my opinion) going to get baaaaad. I think it was going to get ugly no matter which way the conviction went.

I work and live downtown! :D

Link

The Autumn Wind
There will be riots and the reaction will be (like it always is) "Look how violent and aggressive the black community is. These cops are right to fear for their lives"

This country actively fears and hates black men. I don't know how we ever get past that
Time to give them something to really be afraid of.

Top Bottom