• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 reaches 20 million players

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is it just me or after playing Fallout 4 for a good bit...Fallout 76 still fails to really raise the bar other than it's multiplayer aspect.

The atmosphere, the quest design...everything is just more interesting in Fallout 4 and Vegas.

Either way, good for them. Glad people are enjoying it.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Mediocre game. Tried it for free like 95% of the player base of the 20 million. Doubt it has anywhere near that many "Live" players.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Mediocre game. Tried it for free like 95% of the player base of the 20 million. Doubt it has anywhere near that many "Live" players.
Is there anyone who isn't saying ridiculous things about this game? 95%? Come on now...

They said total players...which means from it's release. I bought the game day one...and actually played it til level 100 before slapping myself back to reality that this was a cash grab by Bethesda at a time where they were primed to be bought by Microsoft. I agree there's a good percentage who got the game for free or "free on gamepass"...but 95% is hyperbolic.

Ozriel

M$FT
Players doesn't mean sales. Many services had this game free or almost free. I got it on PS+. It's just misleading.

it’s not misleading. Every member of this forum knows ‘players’ doesn’t mean sales. It’s been given out as part of sub services multiple times.
That said, it’s still a metric the devs are proud of, that this many people played their game. There’s no context where they’ve tried to pitch this as sold copies.

How they launched this piece of shit is unforgivable. People forget too easily and give Bethesda a pass.

That’s not relevant to anyone playing the game today.

Alebrije

It's a better Game than Fallout 4 becuase

Better map
Better weapons
Multiplayer
Better stories /missions

But still it feels bland, nothing new that makes You says wow!!...it's for "free" everywhere SO no surprise it reached those user numbers.

Stuart360

I thought it would be more to be honest, only because didnt Strafield reach 15mil users a while ago now?, a game that is literally years newer, and a game that people like to say 'flopped'.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You are grossly misquoting me. Still not sure what your point is.

Multiple points, actually.

- The game is not free
- The OP news didn't say that there were 20m active players to counter your 'doubt'
- Not sure what the state of the game at launch has to do with it at the moment, you sure seemed to have forgiven FF14 in the recent years and gave it a pass, and we know how that game went at first.
- No, no one thinks players mean sales. It's not a gotcha.

Your concerns are noted but unfounded.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Players doesn't mean sales. Many services had this game free or almost free. I got it on PS+. It's just misleading. How they launched this piece of shit is unforgivable. People forget too easily and give Bethesda a pass.
Oh you didn't get the memo? Monthly Active Users is the new sales data brotherrrrrrrrrrr.

iHaunter

Multiple points, actually.

- The game is not free
- The OP news didn't say that there were 20m active players to counter your 'doubt'
- Not sure what the state of the game at launch has to do with it at the moment, you sure seemed to have forgiven FF14 in the recent years and gave it a pass, and we know how that game went at first.
- No, no one thinks players mean sales. It's not a gotcha.

Your concerns are noted but unfounded.
I had no concerns. I was making a statement.

Pop

Fo76 is much better now. I'm enjoying it a lot

Looking forward to the map expansion coming in June

Top Bottom