• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feeling Overpowered: Those times when you made the game "your bitch."

Chiggs

Gold Member
One of the best thrills in gaming is when your character becomes
7qefcDz.png
OVERPOWERED
ZJRiT2A.png
and just starts melting through enemies like they were made of butter.

Whether it be through power-leveling in an EldenSoulsborne game, then coming back to ⚔️ annhilate ⚔️ a boss that gave you problems earlier...

...or finally getting the right loot to make your Diablo character 🔥 fire 🔥 on all cylinders...

...or just a sequence when the devs said, "let's make you feel like ⚡ God...⚡"

...there's nothing quite like that feeling of being 🏋️‍♂️OVERPOWERED🏋️‍♂️ in a video game.

Some examples:

God of War III

giphy.gif

Vampire Survivors:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Symphony of the Night

giphy.gif

Dark Souls 2

giphy.gif

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

giphy.gif

Heavenly Sword

giphy.gif

So, GAF, what are some of your favorite "overpowered" moments?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before You Post: A Special Message from Nancy Reagan...from Beyond the Grave!

JrO0xh6.jpeg
fLz7Q2N.png

• Socializing on the Internet is one of the most important things an American can do.
  • Unfortunately, some Americans just don't "get it," which is why Ronald and I need your help.
    • JUST SAY NO! to unfunny Daikatana/Daikatana 64 posts.
    • Like Ronald always used to say, "John Romero/Daikatana joke posts make you a twat...perhaps a cheeky twat--maybe even a slightly lovable twat--but a twat nonetheless."
  • To show you just how important this issue is, Ronald and I have set aside a monetary fund to persuade EviLore EviLore to give anyone making unfunny John Romero jokes a 1-year ban.
    • Negotiations will begin the minute one is spotted.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Nothing beats Morrowind. You start out naked, helpless, dying to rats. Couple hundred hours in you have hand crafted constant effect invisibility and levitation rings and only travel by walking in the clouds at the top of the skybox. Made a hilarious custom poison spell that would only do 1 damage but for like 10 minutes so it killed anything in the game while I watched them run around invisible. Also made a custom jump boost spell that uses the maximum amount of mana. 1 jump took me half way across the continent over a dozen loading screens.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Playing Dragon's Dogma as a Mystic Knight, turning my magic ball into an MG-42 and melting all of Daimon's health bars in like 2 seconds.

Also, love the Zandatsu in Metal Gear Rising. Getting to chop a boss into pieces at the end of a fight is super cool and satisfying.

5S2u.gif

Peak videogames, if you ask me.

Chiggs

Gold Member

To be honest... this.
The Ludwig kill might be the fastest 1st phase kill ever.

What the fuck!?!!!!!

Serious Biy GIF

Nothing beats Morrowind. You start out naked, helpless, dying to rats. Couple hundred hours in you have hand crafted constant effect invisibility and levitation rings and only travel by walking in the clouds at the top of the skybox. Made a hilarious custom poison spell that would only do 1 damage but for like 10 minutes so it killed anything in the game while I watched them run around invisible. Also made a custom jump boost spell that uses the maximum amount of mana. 1 jump took me half way across the continent over a dozen loading screens.

I don't understand how this hasn't been remade yet.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
This took me a bit of time to pull off, but the game does let you do some pretty nasty stuff.
The intro covers everything needed, and the description has more info on the Gems.

I need to dive back into it. I thought I was good at Bloodborne, but that shit was just next-level.

If you have Vincent in your party in Final Fantasy 7 (OG), pretty much every battle in the game turns into a overpowered moment.

You can wipe the floor with most bosses in the game, by using his limit breaks, and putting the controller down.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I don't think that works anymore as so much was nerfed. But beating an optional intro boss with fully upgraded equipment and stacked buffs is kinda lame.

But that weapon was just ridiculous before they patched it to death. And then buffing it was just the cherry on top.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Spoilers for Half-Life Alyx:

This part near the end. I was doing hadokens left and right, shit was so fun and made you feel so poweful.

IAmRei

Older Final Fantasy,
Final fantasy 8
I can abuse the game, tricking the game that squall is not leveling up much below 50s, while others 80s-90s. And the boss and enemies are following squall, they are 50s. How did i pull this? By killing squall and not revive this emoboi, then other will level up and everyone beside squall is happy.

Final fantasy 6
I got atma weapon and have HP, str, added to spd focused character such as locke, cast haste to him. The final is renzokugiri 4x attack + both hands are armed by atma weapon. 9999x8 = boss kill. even toughest boss are defeated just by one turn of him.

Final fantasy tactics
Having mediator for brave raising to anyone permanently each battle. Learn Monk STR and counter + Ninja AGI and double sword, i kill final boss with only merely "counter" about 1250 dmg while ultimecia is about 1000 hp. Overkill, just by one turn as long as she is near.

In SD Gundam G Generations, raising STR + EVD + energy regen to any MS, while developing MS to not evolve at all, can lead to merely weakest attack such as head vulcan, to give even Warship or high dev MS to overkilled. I use this with combo best pilot "Amuro Ray" + Basic RX-78 2 Gundam, to overkill anything in his path.

Elden ring
Still depend on your evade react, i forgot the name, fire sword from snake king is pretty much overpowered in it special button.

Doom BFG
Not much to say, self explanatory

Monster Hunter
Tigrex Hammer ... What more to say, it might depend on your hand and reaction. But it might be also to get this hammer, you will be "trained" by Tigrex themselves. Your reaction and hand skill will improve yourself.

Resident evil 4
Chicago Typewriter, self explanatory. Pretty much useless when you got it. But give some years to return, you will see the weapon waiting for you to comeback is ... Overpowered... To much...

Thats it for me, for now. I recall these without dwell too much inside my brain more. There are lot of games which i do like because i can overpowered, but i kind of forgot what are they beside above.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Came here to say Morrowind.

You can break that game in so many fun ways.

Top Bottom