• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toots

Gold Member
My question is this and not sure if I'm reading tips online overall correctly:

Odin's Gjallarhorn's Warning move: Is this because he has hit me, the controlling character, too much or if he hits CPU controlled players as well. Dodging worked great for me before I beat him, but I also had him use it when I was dodging alot but not hitting him enough. I.e., have to press on the attack and dodge.
If i understand correctly, when fighting Odin and Alexander together, your party get swiped by Zanketsuken which is the limit Odin uses after doing his Gjallarhorn warning and you're asking if you could prevent him to do his limit by not getting hit ?
I think that during those 2 summons fight, if you focus too much on one, the other will do its limit move eventually if you leave it alone too long (always before you could kill the summon you're focusing on, or just after).
When doing those 2 summons fights, i was getting obliterated because i focused on one summon trying to kill it as quick as possible so i could then focus on the other. I managed to beat every 2 summon fight when i started to switch focus from one summon to the other so i could interrupt their limit move preparation.
Alternatively you can switch to easy mode and just pummel them to the ground :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
If i understand correctly, when fighting Odin and Alexander together, your party get swiped by Zanketsuken which is the limit Odin uses after doing his Gjallarhorn warning and you're asking if you could prevent him to do his limit by not getting hit ?
I think that during those 2 summons fight, if you focus too much on one, the other will do its limit move eventually if you leave it alone too long (always before you could kill the summon you're focusing on, or just after).
When doing those 2 summons fights, i was getting obliterated because i focused on one summon trying to kill it as quick as possible so i could then focus on the other. I managed to beat every 2 summon fight when i started to switch focus from one summon to the other so i could interrupt their limit move preparation.
Alternatively you can switch to easy mode and just pummel them to the ground :messenger_sunglasses:
Thank you! And you are understanding my question correctly and answering with what I was guessing as well.

I've decided I'll go back to this area once I'm done with the story and get chapter select. I got all the Protorelics and the hidden area opened up for me to go to.

94 hours in, I'm ready to finish the story and decided to continue past the Point of No Return.

Top Bottom