• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireFox Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

The essentials:
All-in-One Gestures
Copy Image to Clipoard
Find Statusbar (new!)
Things They Left Out

Try Tabbrowser Extensions and just disable it if you don't like it. Some people love it, some hate it.

I must say, Firefox 0.9 is shaping up nicley. I'm sure you all will dig the new extension and theme manager, and updated look of the icons.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Aren't they replacing the Qute theme with the Pinstripe theme? I'm not real confident how thats going to turn out and will probably end up just installing Qute again.

xsarien

daedsiluap
For when you encounter articles where the author used a thesaurus for every other word:

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#dictionarysearch

DictionarySearch provides a very easy way to lookup or translate a word in a webpage or an email in a user defineable online dictionary. Simply select the word of which you want to know the meaning. Then right click and select "Dictionary Search for ...". A new browser tab or window will open with the meaning or translation of the word you selected.

Lathentar said:
Aren't they replacing the Qute theme with the Pinstripe theme? I'm not real confident how thats going to turn out and will probably end up just installing Qute again.

Hmm, it seems I was wrong before. They are planning to do a new theme, but the designer of the Qute theme didn't know because of some miscomunication...

bookmarks.png

main.png

options.png

I'm really glad they switched the throbber.

For those of you who don't know, Thunderbird 0.6 is out. It doesn't feel much different from 0.5 but I guess it's better. The new icon is nice.

For all your thunderbird users I highly suggest Weather. It'll display the current weather conditons for a zipcode you tell it. It's awesome.

As far as FireFox Extensions I use:

IE View - let's you open a page or link in IE. It's nice for when a site is being bitchy in FireFox. You don't have to open IE yourself and put the site in.

Download Manager Tweak - adds a few new options to the FireFox Download manager. Most importantly it lets you display it in the side-bar instead of a pop-up.

I also run Tabbed Brower Extensions, and just installed Find Status Bar.

I'm trying out All-In-One Gestures and I've noticed a problem. I have the sroll wheel set to switch tabs and when I trigger it and select the SAME tab I'm current in, it will switch to a different tab. Anyway to fix that?

impirius

I don't quite understand your situation. Your scroll wheel is set up to switch tabs, and you also use it for gestures?

Ad-Block is the must-have. It can even block out annoying ass flash ads, albeit, you won't have to deal with them for awhile at NeoGAF.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
would it kill mozailla to hire a competant graphic artist to design buttons for their web browser.

Eh, the author of the new theme says that he wouldn't even call the current state of Winstripe of being at a 0.1 state. Look at their Mac Firefox icons (which are rather nice), I'm sure they will improve.

That being said, it seems retarded to switch to a theme that's nowhere near being finished, let alone release it in the next Firefox milestone, which will hit 1.0 very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom