• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man Shoplifted to Get Money to Bail Out His Wife in Jail for Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

File This Under "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up"

On 10-19-16 at 4 p.m., 48 year-old Brian Crume from Wisconsin was arrested for stealing merchandise (3 packs of electronic wire) from Walmart (355 Cypress Gardens Blvd) in Winter Haven. Nothing unusual, right?

When asked why he took the merchandise and didn't attempt to pay, he told the officer that he was going to take the merchandise to try to sell it on the street.

He needed to raise money to bond his wife out who was arrested earlier in the day in Lake Wales for, you guessed it, shoplifting.

Original Facebook Post

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – He may have been trying for the Husband of the Year Award! Winter Haven Police arrested a shoplifting suspect whose explanation why he had done it was somewhat sweet.

A 48-year-old Wisconsin man was caught stealing at a Walmart in Winter Haven Wednesday afternoon. Brian Crume took three packs of electronic wire from the store on Cypress Gardens Boulevard.

When he was asked why he took the merchandise without paying for it, he said he was going to sell it on the street. He explained that he was trying to raise money to pay his wife’s bail.

She was arrested early Wednesday in Lake Wales, on the charges of – you guessed it – shoplifting.

http://wfla.com/2016/10/20/man-arrested-for-shoplifting-in-winter-haven-to-pay-his-wifes-bail/

I know it's a few days old, shoplift me if it has been posted before.

Fuckin' Florida Man just doesn't learn.

Kaladin

I'm going to correct the article I posted and assume "three packs of electronic wife" is supposed to be "three packs of electronic wires".

old

At a Walmart. The one store that promises to fully prosecute shoplifting....

The level of stupidity here is fascinating. They should be studied and gawked at.

Gamepad

I found the security video footage.

33cd94462633bb3eff0db8ju9s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom