• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Issues (Windows Users)

Fahdis

More PC shenanigans folks.

So seeing that Forza Horizon 4 is being delisted, I wanted to download Forza Horizon 3 from the Xbox App on PC. I bought the Deluxe Version with all the Car Packs not in it, like the Hoonigan Pack as an example.

So only the Standard version, you are allowed to download. You can find the 2 DLC from the Microsoft Account and can download from the MS Store after it gives you the link. But it doesn't show the Bundle in the Xbox App at all. On top of that the All-Stars Pack and VIP Pack are completely missing. But show up on the MS Store and are greyed out. It won't even give an Install to Option.

I don't know if the issue is persisting on Xbox Console itself? However, what is this new age theft? First the crew and now this? I swear Store Launchers are the worst.

Anyone have a permanent fix for this shit because it seems like an ongoing issue.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Permanent fix is not using the absolute piece of dog shit that is the Xbox app. Sucks that FH3 never got a steam release. I bought it on their app too but Ive just written it off. If I ever get the urge to go back to it I won’t feel bad using other means to get it.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I always downloaded the standard version then after the DLCs. And using the MS Store App, not the Xbox App. Tried that?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Ultimate Edition that I bought just before it was delisted shows up fine for me in the PC gamepass app. The deluxe edition didn't have the car pass, so maybe that is your problem?

DAHGAMING

Not sure if you have multiple microsoft acounts, but if so make sure your logged on both the MS store and Xbox app with the account that was used when buying Forza and dlc. I played it on PC last yr and it was ok for me then.

Reactions: Gp1

Fahdis

The Ultimate Edition that I bought just before it was delisted shows up fine for me in the PC gamepass app. The deluxe edition didn't have the car pass, so maybe that is your problem?

PC Gamepass App? So you're telling me there's 3 Apps? I'll give that a try if thats the case. And no I also bought the Car Pass as well. I have a pic of my Bundle which has both Horizon 4 and 3 with the DLC not in the Deluxe Bundle. What a shitshow.

Not sure if you have multiple microsoft acounts, but if so make sure your logged on both the MS store and Xbox app with the account that was used when buying Forza and dlc. I played it on PC last yr and it was ok for me then.

Last year was working fine. Everything showed up. Nothing shows up now 🙃. I only have 1 account since the inception of Outlook.

I think the "older" games on the Xbox app work in such a way that you download the standard edition of the game and it should automatically download all of your owned DLC with it, right? At least thats how it was when the service launched.

DAHGAMING

PC Gamepass App? So you're telling me there's 3 Apps? I'll give that a try if thats the case. And no I also bought the Car Pass as well. I have a pic of my Bundle which has both Horizon 4 and 3 with the DLC not in the Deluxe Bundle. What a shitshow.

Last year was working fine. Everything showed up. Nothing shows up now 🙃. I only have 1 account since the inception of Outlook.

Have you launched the game yet ? Im wondering if its somthing where its downloaded but only unlocks if you have bought it and it might only show in game. Fingeres crossed you sort it 1 way or another, its a good game to run at high frames on pc.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I would just use the library of MS store. If you choose game tab and under sort/filter unselect "only show installed" it will likely appear. This worked in the case of Forza Horizon 4 for me.

Fahdis

Have you launched the game yet ? Im wondering if its somthing where its downloaded but only unlocks if you have bought it and it might only show in game. Fingeres crossed you sort it 1 way or another, its a good game to run at high frames on pc.

I'll try this tomorrow. Finished downloading.

GHG

And this is why I repurchased FH4 ultimate edition via Steam. Fuck having to deal with the windows store/client again.

It's a shame that my FM7 and FH3 purchases will be forever tied there with no way of transferring them but it is what it is. I won't be buying anything else from there ever again.

Goalus

I don't know if the issue is persisting on Xbox Console itself? However, what is this new age theft? First the crew and now this? I swear Store Launchers are the worst.

Anyone have a permanent fix for this shit because it seems like an ongoing issue.
I was able to download FH3 including Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels to an Xbox were it was never installed before just three months ago.

I suggest you try downloading it via Microsoft Store.

The Xbox app makes me want to eat a shotgun.

It's already ass, but I've also gotten the storage bug multiple times to the point I put in another SSD just to not have to wipe my entire computer over and over.

willothedog

Fahdis Fahdis

Just installed FH3 on the Windows partition on my Steamdeck.

I have the ultimate edition which is not longer listed so installed the deluxe and then used the links below for the two additional paid DLC expansions.

All expansion DLC and extra car packs, including the 'Hoonigan' you mentioned, are working fine :)

Fahdis

Fahdis Fahdis

Just installed FH3 on the Windows partition on my Steamdeck.

I have the ultimate edition which is not longer listed so installed the deluxe and then used the links below for the two additional paid DLC expansions.

All expansion DLC and extra car packs, including the 'Hoonigan' you mentioned, are working fine :)

I'm going into it in a few hours since I'm not home at the moment. Did the Car Pass, VIP, Car Packs and All Star pack show up on your Windows?

willothedog

I'm going into it in a few hours since I'm not home at the moment. Did the Car Pass, VIP, Car Packs and All Star pack show up on your Windows?
no, but they are all listed in the game on the DLC tab. I think they are just a part of the main game download and unlocked via existing game licences.

Fahdis

Update: Downloaded Base Game from Xbox App and DLCs from Microsoft Store...

no, but they are all listed in the game on the DLC tab. I think they are just a part of the main game download and unlocked via existing game licences.

Does not show up in DLC tab for me. Only Microsoft Account and what was purchased. Does not give me an option for Install to either...

Conclusion: Anyways, the game starts but is frozen on the main screen with the Loading... Please Wait bullshit. Think I'll just buy an Xbox at this rate.

willothedog

Update: Downloaded Base Game from Xbox App and DLCs from Microsoft Store...

Does not show up in DLC tab for me. Only Microsoft Account and what was purchased. Does not give me an option for Install to either...

Conclusion: Anyways, the game starts but is frozen on the main screen with the Loading... Please Wait bullshit. Think I'll just buy an Xbox at this rate.
It's the DLC/car packs tab within the game itself.

Gp1

At least the base game shows up on your MS Store

I saw your topic and was going to see if i can help you but my FH3 Ultimate, and every other game, didn't even show o the MS Store. Only on Xbox app

Fahdis

At least the base game shows up on your MS Store

I saw your topic and was going to see if i can help you but my FH3 Ultimate, and every other game, didn't even show o the MS Store. Only on Xbox app

At least it shows up for you.

It's the DLC/car packs tab within the game itself.

FH4 works flawlessly on Steam. FH3 just freezes on Xbox App. Ill install the base game again and then if it works Ill use the ingame marketplace. I'm assuming thats where you went.

Top Bottom