• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Franchises with different styles

RCU005

I believe that Nintendo is the one that has more franchises that have different styles and are successful. There's 2D and 3D Mario, 2D and 3D Zelda, 2D and 3D Kirby now, Metroid FPS and Metroid 2D, Mario as RPG games, etc. Then there's also Sonic 2D and 3D. Persona has just recently released as Strategy game and also has the fighting games.

So I was wondering, which franchises from other publisher/developers do you think would work with different styles and/or genre or even just different art style?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I was originally gonna make a shitpost and say “Rock Band: The Card Game” until I remembered that that actually exists.

7K6rD1T.jpeg

Dazraell

Gold Member
Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot (platformer, racing game, multiplayer game, party game), Warcraft (RTS, MMO, card game) and Might & Magic (RPG, strategy, action games, puzzle game, etc) could be good examples

Last edited:

IAmRei

I believe that Nintendo is the one that has more franchises that have different styles and are successful. There's 2D and 3D Mario, 2D and 3D Zelda, 2D and 3D Kirby now, Metroid FPS and Metroid 2D, Mario as RPG games, etc. Then there's also Sonic 2D and 3D. Persona has just recently released as Strategy game and also has the fighting games.

So I was wondering, which franchises from other publisher/developers do you think would work with different styles and/or genre or even just different art style?
there are a lot of them:
- Final Fantasy, 2d, 3d, even card games based on FF. on gameplay side, RPG, SRPG, SRTS, ARPG, Boardgame
- Chocobo series, Roguelike, Dice RPG, adventure minigames, Racing
- Street fighter artstyles also evolved each time.
- Gundam games, action, shooter, fps shooter, rail shooter, fighting, rpg, arpg, Turn based strategy, i heard they ever made RTS
- Sonic, action, platformers 2D 3D, even RPG by bioware back then in NDS, Racing be it vehicle or literally running, or skating.
- Crash, such as racing, platformer 2D 3D, party games.

i only recall this fast, should be more.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yakuza, going from beat'em'up to JRPG.

Also Panzer Dragoon, going from on rails shooter to JRPG.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I would go with Zelda games. Many various styles.

Star wars is also a good choice.

Street fighter went 3D, realistic with the movie game it was turned into a puzzle game as well

Overall I would go with Mario as a character who has had the most varied games. The whole franchise has many different games. I don’t think an FPS or Shmup has been created in that series

Next up I would put sonic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom