• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware and Hidetaka Miyazaki revered for their genius amidst recent “big girl boom” in Japan

20240530-31686.jpg

For the past few days, the Japanese side of X (formerly Twitter) has been going through a collective “big girl boom,” which basically consists of people being very vocal about their thirst for extremely tall women (real and fictional alike) and giantesses. However, the trend has grown large enough to earn a response from the official Resident Evil account (you can probably already guess who it’s about). But apart from Capcom, big girl afficionados were quick to express their reverence for FromSoftware games and the characters of Hidetaka Miyazaki too.

The whole big girl frenzy was triggered by an unassuming tweet from a guy who expressed his dream to date a woman that towers over him with the combination of her natural height and high heels. Since its posting, the tweet has been viewed over 64 million times, and its quote retweets have become an extensive gallery of beautiful and tall female cosplayers and celebrities.

Post translation: Big girl boom you say? It seems my time to shine has come.

Unsurprisingly, the hashtag “big girl boom” soon started trending. In response, the official Japanese Resident Evil account quickly hopped onto the bandwagon with Lady Dimitrescu, the iconic giantess from Capcom’s Resident Evil Village.

On the other hand, the big girl boom also reignited admiration for the vertically endowed characters of FromSoftware titles, such as Gwynevere (Dark Souls), Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos (Elden Ring), The Doll (Bloodborne) and Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth (Dark Souls 3). As users find themselves relating to Hidetaka Miyazaki’s love of big women, his legendary interview in the Dark Souls Design Works book was inevitably brought up.

In this interview, Miyazaki explains his reasoning behind the design of Gwynevere, commenting that he “simply wanted to feature a big woman” and that his personal fantasy was to be “coddled like a child by a giant woman.” On the same topic, the creator reveals, “I like the thought of a warm and compassionate woman who is bigger than me. It speaks to something we lost as we grow up.” Incidentally, Miyazaki also does his best to explain that Gwynevere large breasts were not his doing, but of another designer.

Source - Automaton West

Saber

Even more funnier its see how the fextralife of DS treats big ass tit lady page in comparison with Smoug. Bunch of Reera people there lmao

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
In this interview, Miyazaki explains his reasoning behind the design of Gwynevere, commenting that he “simply wanted to feature a big woman” and that his personal fantasy was to be “coddled like a child by a giant woman.” On the same topic, the creator reveals, “I like the thought of a warm and compassionate woman who is bigger than me. It speaks to something we lost as we grow up.” Incidentally, Miyazaki also does his best to explain that Gwynevere large breasts were not his doing, but of another designer.
Wonder what he'd say if asked about why most of the women in their games are bare feet. :goog_relieved:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Being over 6' tall myself I never knew I was attracted to tall woman until I saw this lady who had to be close to 7' in a best buy one day. I was stunned! 😘

phaedrus

Do they want a lover or a mom ?
Yes.

Top Bottom