• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Wandered into a Forge town that is labeled Mongol Territory with no one around, it's a dead burned out town. A bird keeps trying to take me somewhere, but he just clips through house walls. I assume he's just leading me to the supplies and stuff inside. Usually, birds lead me to interesting things, not just supplies. I thought that was the lightning bug's job.
Usually, lightning bugs lead me to collectables. crickets and scrolls.
I feel like either the game is 'bugged' here or I'm not supposed to be here yet.

So that town is part of the story and opens up pretty early on, the birds not bugged as there is a bamboo sword stand on the outskirts of the village which is probably what it was trying to lead you to.

I do find it weird that it's empty until you do the story mission though, it should of had a few people wandering about.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Such a stunning game.

A few more of my shots:

53734140374_13808444c7_o.png

53733810451_3b4e99fa54_o.png

53734239065_8f68d013ed_o.png

Bar a few muddy textures in the console version, this game was always stunning. Now, I want to see what we can get with the modding community. Are there any good modding tools for Sucker Punch's engine?

MAX PAYMENT

Bar a few muddy textures in the console version, this game was always stunning. Now, I want to see what we can get with the modding community. Are there any good modding tools for Sucker Punch's engine?
I've been messing with adding in RTGI with reshade. It works and can look incredible in some scenes. But it's got so much artifacting that it isn't worth it. Gonna keep playing with it.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Ffs don't ban @rofif fucking hell are we really that sensitive
People are just sick of him going to great lengths just to whine about PC gaming for days like he does. Who has the money to spend 1600 just to whine endlessly when he could get a Chromebook? Sell it and move on. He's not offering any insight, just saying the same 2-3 talking points about why he doesn't play on PC anymore and the he prefers consoles.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

People are just sick of him going to great lengths just to whine about PC gaming for days like he does. Who has the money to spend 1600 just to whine endlessly when he could get a Chromebook? Sell it and move on. He's not offering any insight, just saying the same 2-3 talking points about why he doesn't play on PC anymore and the he prefers consoles.
Yeah buy his posts are far more entertaining than the whining and whinging.

Bring him back plz there's always ree if you want.

Puscifer

Ok that's fine, but just how much is too much? I feel like I've read the same post from him just reworded for the past 6 months.

He's an ok guy, but I think Forspoken getting a negative reception broke him mentally.

Last edited:

hinch7

To be fair to the guy frame gen does add a LOT of input lag in this game. As in it goes up by like over 50% in average system latency (vs off) even when over 70-80fps+ as base. There are bugs as well with FG enabled. At least from when I turned it on.

I don't have it on because it makes me feel like playing on console with it enabled ;p The camera controls are already wonky as it is without the additional lag.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

To be fair to the guy frame gen does add a LOT of input lag in this game. As in it goes up by like over 50% in average system latency (vs off) even when over 70-80fps+ as base. There are bugs as well with FG enabled. At least from when I turned it on.

I don't have it on because it makes me feel like playing on console with it enabled ;p The camera controls are already wonky as it is without the additional lag.
Yeah exactly I'm amazed he's been banned because people don't like the facts he presents , bizarre if you ask me.

PC gaming is far from perfect and I think a little balance in the forum on the conversation is good.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yeah exactly I'm amazed he's been banned because people don't like the facts he presents , bizarre if you ask me.

PC gaming is far from perfect and I think a little balance in the forum on the conversation is good.
He do not own the hardware that’s why, so he is not talking about first hand experience…

TrebleShot

He do not own the hardware that’s why, so he is not talking about first hand experience…
He clearly does.
Spoken many times about the specs he has and PC game releases.

Just because someone isn't in awe of PC gaming doesn't mean he doesn't own the hardware or his opinions should be chastised.

Klosshufvud

You guys can talk about shortcomings all you want. But I'll just say this is what Ghost of Tsushima looks like on a PC handheld at 1200p 60 fps with framegen + FSR3 balanced. If this shit isn't modern day magic, I don't know what is.

qRwSgev.png
EaCqiVf.png
bYSEMjj.png
sdMSSYM.png

Last edited:

Hrk69

Banned
This has potential to become on of my favorite PS games

It's such a vibe

I only wish it would stop raining/midnight 75% of the time. Let me enjoy the landscapes with some sun please

Last edited:
This has potential to become on of my favorite PS games

It's such a vibe

I only wish it would stop raining/midnight 75% of the time. Let me enjoy the landscapes with some sun please
The more stealth/ghost kills you do the stormier the weather gets. Fighting out in the open "honorably" = better weather.

Denton

Yeah I hate this - this game looks graphically 1000% better during daytime sunlight compared to all other conditions. Night is especially annoying and cannot be skipped. I would think this would be one of the first mods made but so far still nothing to my knowledge.

Haha, I feel this. Every game that does rain does it too often. I see an icon for a flute that changes the weather, maybe that comes at a later point in the game?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Entering the final hours of this game, and it's been a fantastic experience all around. One of the best open-world games I've ever played.

A few more shots before I see this through:

53744589388_fbe0d0fe75_o.png

53744589468_f9153564bb_o.png

53743476257_975000c7ef_o.png

Braag

Rushed through the story and have ton of side content left to do. Actually enjoyed the story and characters a lot. Having just come off from Horizon: FW which had mediocre characters and nonsensical story, this was really great.
Also holy shit at that ending, it hit me like a bag of bricks, I wasn't expecting that.

Top Bottom