• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima (Green Man Gaming) will be unavailable on countries without PSN

Draugoth

Gold Member
Edit: Not Unavailable on Steam only Green Man Gaming
This is false, the game is not delisted. You can clearly see here that there are no region restrictions. The fact that GreenManGaming refused to sell it due to the requirement of the PSN account for the multiplayer is irrelevant. That's an issue with GreenManGaming, NOT WITH STEAM.

Ghosts of Tsushima will be no longer available in countries without PSN, even if you just want to play singleplayer.

The news was sent by Green Man Gaming. Players who purchased on Steam key resellers will be refunded

so-i-guess-sony-is-going-after-other-games-as-well-v0-96j2ubur1dzc1.png

Last edited:

Edder1

Sony self sabotaging is so funny to watch, lol. I mean here you are having your best PC launch ever and one of your most successful games of all time and then you go and throw it all away with stupid PSN account subscription that is not available in most of the world.

Last edited:

nikos

What do countries without PSN do on PS5?

I'd imagine VPN or play physical games offline, without updates. Seems like a horrible experience, even for single player games, considering most have a day one patch.

nikos

73 countries support PSN and 118 don't.
Sony needs to bump those numbers up.

Have you seen the list of countries without PSN? Not much of a loss, especially considering Sony's benefit of integrating PSN in countries where it's available.

Last edited:

simpatico

This is just a GMG issue? Sucker Punch confirmed you dont need a PSN for singleplayer so why would they block it in countries without, ESPECIALLY after the whole Helldivers bs?
Preemptively avoiding refund requests when players notice they're locked out of features. Steam can better absorb that amount of CS than a tiny outfit like GMG.

Yet somehow Valve or Nintendo manage to do better. Not to even mention MS. This is another self-own.

pGjsTXT.gif

So let me get the right, because one business wastes money another business should waste their money as well or its a self own?

Do you think Sony was setting up PSN around the world and just decided they were tired and needed to take a nap?

They have other priorities. If they really thought they were missing out on a lot of money, they would have PSN up in these areas. They still sell PS5s in these areas and you can still buy games on disc in these areas and Sony knows how many people are buying in these areas. They have all the data they need to make an informed decision.

I wonder if Steam will do this for all publishers that require you to make an account. Nobody has access to every country in the world. Where is the line drawn? It seems kind of bullshit if Steam are only going after Sony

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This is false, the game is not delisted. You can clearly see here that there are no region restrictions. The fact that GreenManGaming refused to sell it due to the requirement of the PSN account for the multiplayer is irrelevant. That's an issue with GreenManGaming, NOT WITH STEAM.

Hmmm, could be right. here is the same page for Helldivers 2 and it shows the countries where you cannot buy that game (which is also stupid considering PSN is no longer required).

This might just be a GMG fuck up.

They were never going to back off on requiring PSN account on PC.

Helldivers was the exception as they were dumb enough to introduce it after people bought it.

Arrowhead disabled it because of the server problems. Ironically, this might have at least slowed early adoption.

All this flack Sony was getting, it should have been on Arrowhead.

Although, I would love to understand why Sony published the game in areas that don't have PSN. Major oversight for the Publisher in that sense, but again it's a complication that many probably wouldn't understand since they were initially publishing games without PSN requirement. Seems like sloppy implementation.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Common sense after Helldivers 2 clustefuck: Make PSN account and Steam linking optional for those who need it

Sony: Are you serious? Fuck all that! We'll enforce PSN account on everyone and for every other game one way or the other and no matter what, cry like a poor innocent baby and then revert the whole thing after a few days of review bombing and say that we're still learning, please understand

Topher

Gold Member
I wonder if Steam will do this for all publishers that require you to make an account. Nobody has access to all every country in the world. Where is the line drawn? It seems kind of bullshit if Steam are only going after Sony

Publishers set the countries where their games are sold, not Valve.

Top Bottom