• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grubb / Tom Warren: Gears 6 "Stuff" Happening This Summer

Genuinely less excited about Gears 6 if it's going to be a visual showcase type of game.

Wanting it to be a weird Breath of the Wild / Halo open world hybrid.
Jesus Christ not everything needs to be open world. The open world sections in Gears 5 were already boring.

Also why does every person saying make things like this bring up BOTW? Y’all gotta let it go. Think of all the boring ass open world games with no real substance.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Jesus Christ not everything needs to be open world. The open world sections in Gears 5 were already boring.

Also why does every person saying make things like this bring up BOTW? Y’all gotta let it go. Think of all the boring ass open world games with no real substance.

The market says otherwise.

The amount of linear games that bomb and the amount of open world games that do well is astounding. People prefer choice to linear titles with no real substance.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If they're going to make it open world, they need to do better than Gears 5's, where the open world segments were just means to get from one high production set piece to the other.

Goalus

Objection.
They gave me a real sense of adventure. Especially the icy 2nd act in combination with the beautiful soundtrack was a true highlight. I could almost taste the icy cold. Wouldn't have been possible to this degree without the open world. Imho, Gears 5 is the optimal balance of open world and traditional linear sections.

Deerock71

An announcement of...stuff.
Wedding Dress GIF by PeacockTV

Skelterz

I’m not usually one to port beg but there’s probably never been a better time for gears to hit PlayStation that console is starved of a mature 3rd person shooter for online multiplayer, ever since that last of us factions game got cancelled I’ve been at a loss as to where I’ll get my pew pew fix!

Top Bottom