• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4/Vita) adding in quest mode, event cutscenes

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it seems they've making a few changes to the series. The regular mode still exists as well.

pKTI1e5.jpg

Gematsu said:

In addition to the “Free Play Mode” where you can enjoy the standard rhythm game, there is a new “Live Quest Mode” that offers gameplay of a different variety.

In Live Quest Mode, players can take on quests via bulletins posted throughout five divided areas, which you’ll “fill” with the power of song as Miku and friends get stronger. You’ll clear quests when your “Voltage” is raised to a fixed amount. The traditional “Diva Room” that has appeared in past games will act as a base for this mode. There are also conversations that occur between characters after you complete quests.

There is also a new “Rush Notes” feature. During the game, when the word “Rush” is displayed on-screen, you can repeatedly press the corresponding button within the allotted time for a higher score.

While Modules (costumes) are traditionally purchased using the in-game Diva Points currency, there is also a new “Module Drop” feature. You can gain more Modules by clearing quest conditions and succeeding “Chance Time” opportunities. The modules you obtain are random, but specific modules tend to drop based on the quest.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/09/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-new-live-quest-mode-module-drops

So kind of like what DDR Extreme 2 did.
Does not bother me since in that game, you could still select a song and play it.

Andrefpvs

I hope the Rush notes are reasonable, and not just a "destroy your Vita/DualShock for maximum points!" thing.

I'm glad they're improving the Diva Room, it was a bit barebones in F and F2nd.

HUELEN10

I wonder if this will make localizing a maybe instead of a definite due to the extra content it might entail.

Should we be worried?

Nyoro SF

I remember thinking to myself that it was kind of lame that there wasn't a Story Mode in the Diva games. I think it would be funny to have Miku travel around a world and save it with the power of music, as cheesy as that sounds. Hopefully this is good.

SephLuis

I wonder if this will make localizing a maybe instead of a definite due to the extra content it might entail.

Should we be worried?

Nah. Should be localized with no problem.

In Live Quest Mode, players can take on quests via bulletins posted throughout five divided areas, which you’ll “fill” with the power of song as Miku and friends get stronger

By the end of this Live Quest:

commission___hatsune_miku___fmg_part_11_of_11_by_swemu-d4wk9zd.jpg

BTA

I've never touched any of the room customization stuff at any point in the series, so this is a pretty neat addition.

xzeldax3

I absolutely love when arcadey games have a campaign/story/mission mode because it's nice to have some sort of progression or motivation outside of the normal arcade mode.

JPS Kai

I absolutely love when arcadey games have a campaign/story/mission mode because it's nice to have some sort of progression or motivation outside of the normal arcade mode.

Taiko no tatsujin V did this very well with certain conditions needing to be met on a quest/song basis.

Gematsu has screenshots and info for these new additions. 30 songs to be featured.
Rush Notes
Miku_09-03-15_002.jpg

Module Drop
Miku_09-03-15_006.jpg

First three songs and modules introduced.
“Raspberry Monster” (HoneyWorks)
Module: Raspberryism
Miku_09-03-15_003.jpg

“Strangers” (Heavenz)
Module: Silent Voice
Miku_09-03-15_004.jpg

“Renai Saiban” (40mP)
Module: Judgment
Miku_09-03-15_005.jpg

Cool, I didn't even know they had announced another Project Diva for Vita.

I thought this thread was about the crappy 3DS game.

Nyoro SF

With the whole quest mode and random drops thing, I'm afraid they're turning this game into a grind game under the pretense of evolution.

Please don't Valkyria Chronicles 2 this game Sega.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wait. Only 30 songs in this new game ? Didn't previous PDF games had more than 40 ?

It's about the same as Project Diva F, with Project Diva F2 having more.

With the whole quest mode and random drops thing, I'm afraid they're turning this game into a grind game under the pretense of evolution.

Please don't Valkyria Chronicles 2 this game Sega.
You can play the game the same was as always if you want. This is an optional mode.

Nyoro SF

It's about the same as Project Diva F, with Project Diva F2 having more.

You can play the game the same was as always if you want. This is an optional mode.

Crisis averted.

I just groan internally and externally the moment I hear the words "random drop".

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I got spoiled by Project Mirai and IA/VT then. I could swore both Fs had more songs.
Just hope that most of the 30 songs are new.
The Project Mirai the West got was the one that bundled in content from both games IIRC.

Though, worth considering is the vast difference in production values for making the music videos for each series.

Mandelbo

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a story mode for the next PD game. Seems a little odd, but I'll roll with it.

SephLuis

The Project Mirai the West got was the one that bundled in content from both games IIRC.

Though, worth considering is the vast difference in production values for making the music videos for each series.

As far as I know, PDF games share the same music video as the Arcade version doesn't it ? I think this at least cut a few costs, but either way they have to create the video for PS platforms.

And Mirai, if I am not mistaken, is Mirai 2 with a more content.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku:_Project_Mirai_2

I think this list is counting the songs that debutted in Mirai 2, intead of only DX, so about half are new.

muteki

After my time with F2 was mostly spent playing the same greatest hits over and over I would be happy with 30 new songs, assuming they are all new. Hopefully we can get some more DLC down the line or with the PS4 launch.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As far as I know, PDF games share the same music video as the Arcade version doesn't it ? I think this at least cut a few costs, but either way they have to create the video for PS platforms.

And Mirai, if I am not mistaken, is Mirai 2 with a more content.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku:_Project_Mirai_2

I think this list is counting the songs that debutted in Mirai 2, intead of only DX, so about half are new.

No, Project Diva F has unique cutscenes with unique assets, and is rendered in realtime (which is why you can switch costumes).

Here's some examples of the production values: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTIU9_cSYp4&list=PLzayBfPlISRx8INiT-uSrKycO_sLyuY79&index=5

Nyoro SF

From what I played of Arcade, it looks like they took the Arcade version of a song and spruced it up with extra effects for console. I thought this was pretty consistent for old songs.

Like Kocchi Muite Baby's console PV is the same exact music video from Arcade but it has extra special effects and bonus effects/animations from passing Chance Time in console.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay looking at Future Tone, some of these are definitely the same (or at least notably similar) videos to the Diva F games with a different character model style.

From what I played of Arcade, it looks like they took the Arcade version of a song and spruced it up with extra effects for console. I thought this was pretty consistent for old songs.

Overall, I think it used to be Arcade -> console but starting with the F series it is now console -> Arcade. So nowadays Arcade gets the benefit of hindsight and can correct errors and add enhanced effects. (Realtime lighting, correcting costume glitches, sometimes completely different SFX entirely.)

As of this year all F songs have been ported to Arcade and porting of F 2nd songs has just barely started.

Nyoro SF

Overall, I think it used to be Arcade -> console but starting with the F series it is now console -> Arcade. So nowadays Arcade gets the benefit of hindsight and can correct errors and add enhanced effects. (Realtime lighting, correcting costume glitches, sometimes completely different SFX entirely.)

As of this year all F songs have been ported to Arcade and porting of F 2nd songs has just barely started.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm pretty sad when I play the Arcade version of a song and it's missing F's fun special effects though.

SephLuis

Yeah, but I am unsure about the console -> Arcade route. I know a few songs (ex: hello worker) that were this way, not sure if all of them.

Well, I player a lot of arcade when traveliing, but now I cannot play it anymore =(
I would happily compare both setlists if arcade was available here >.>

luminous

Yeah, but I am unsure about the console -> Arcade route. I know a few songs (ex: hello worker) that were this way, not sure if all of them.

It's mostly Console->Arcade, but it also gets quite a lot of new songs that were never featured in the console series like Systematic Love. The only Arcade->Console song I can recall is Rosary Pale though surely there might be more

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Gematsu has screenshots and info for these new additions. 30 songs to be featured.
Rush Notes
Miku_09-03-15_002.jpg

Module Drop
Miku_09-03-15_006.jpg

I'm guessing those are Vita screens? Since IMO it looks underwhelming compared to PDF1 and 2 on PS3 so far...

Also wonder if Luka v3 is an unlockable?

Top Bottom