• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima 'in Talks' with Norman Reedus on Collaborating Again for Future Projects.

DonJorginho

Banned
Fresh off his recently found gaming fame with Death Stranding, Norman Reedus recently has stated in a new interview that Kojima and himself are "in talks" with one another on the possibility of collaborating once more on a project in the future.

Talking to WIRED in the popular format of answering the web's most searched questions, Norman says: "So we did Death Stranding which was a huge hit and we're in talks to do other stuff."

Whether this is a game, or a film, or an abstract art project, is yet to be seen. However it is fun to speculate over what the duo could be working on.

Silent Hills? Death Stranding 2/DLC? Or an entirely new IP?

We will just have to wait and see.

Death-Stranding-Hideo-hug.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
meh, his character wan infinitively less interesting than snake or big boss in their games, actors can't substitute interesting writed character.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
Hideo Kojima games to me feel
like when you wake up in the middle of the pitch black night and travel in the dark while navigating obstacles and trying to not wake anyone up trying to get to the toilet, but there’s no nightlight in the restroom either. Takes risk, confidence, sometimes mistakes that we won’t ever speak of.

Actually, if Kojima wants to steal this idea and run with it, I’m OK with that.

I think it's a little disappointing for a developer to reuse the same actor/actress for their next project, assuming it's a new IP instead of a sequel. I mean, seeing Norman Reedus in Death Stranding was fine since Silent Hills never really came to be, but even then people wondered if there was a connection plot-wise between both games before its release. In other words it kind of breaks the immersion but maybe that's just me. I believe this is also part of why people prefer original characters created by the artist(s) to real-life ones scanned into the game.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think it's a little disappointing for a developer to reuse the same actor/actress for their next project, assuming it's a new IP instead of a sequel. I mean, seeing Norman Reedus in Death Stranding was fine since Silent Hills never really came to be, but even then people wondered if there was a connection plot-wise between both games before its release. In other words it kind of breaks the immersion but maybe that's just me. I believe this is also part of why people prefer original characters created by the artist(s) to real-life ones scanned into the game.

Depends, but yeah. It seems a little underwhelming to imagine Norman again in the next Kojima game that isn’t a DS sequel. It just doesn’t feel fresh.

Of course, if he’s just a part of the wider cast, that would be fine.

Depends, but yeah. It seems a little underwhelming to imagine Norman again in the next Kojima game that isn’t a DS sequel. It just doesn’t feel fresh.

Of course, if he’s just a part of the wider cast, that would be fine.
He needs to bring back Norman Reedus for the Silent Hills revival because fans will demand it!

scalman

man i thought game will become something more, i payed for it, i played it and i could not be more dissapointed of game i ever had. in mostly cases im not wrong about games, i know what they arem but man this was so bad . i stop played it and never come back to it.
i understand how Kojima want to makes movies not games, he should make movies maybe from now.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I think asking for it NOT to be VR is a mistake some of you are making. Hideo Kojima has always thought of inventive ways to marry hardware and software to create awesome gimmicks. Playstation save files, the internal clock, designing a game using actual sunlight etc. These are all really cool things. I would love to see how creative he gets with virtual reality. I understand that not everyone has a headset and more so don’t own the platform, but I think we should be championing the artist and their ideas foremost.

Top Bottom