• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m Not Optimistic in Sequels

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
knitWhD.gif

I can’t talk for all players but here is why I’m not optimistic about some franchises’s sequel :

For me , nothing makes me happy than a sequel for my favorite games and this formula has been there since forever but now it starts to fade away with time depending on what I have seen , not being negative here but they lost it and when I say they I meant Developers . Judging by what I saw it’s not there anymore the story the core of that franchise just disappeared and if you want to justify that disappearing it will add nothing to you because they got nothing to say other than “ we want to bring more players so We want to say to old players just fuck off and adapt with these changes “ .. to be specific they are not saying this but yes they wanted to say it . So let’s get back to the point , Before COVID19 and even before that I changed the course a little bit and shifted to emulator for old games like ps1 and ps2 what gold days we were living at that time and no I’m not talking about fixed camera in old games but the game itself has something most of the players these days don’t get it , something called “ a satisfying beginning and ending “ that phrase not only applicable on one game but the whole sequels combined .

Today we see lots of games has changed but is it for better? Or for worse ?

Don’t know but I don’t like it , if you have nothing to add then end that game and make another with your new stupid ideas . Heartbroken , that’s me when I see games like Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed and Resident Evil what they have became and the origin of it just vanished and replaced with new empty ways to attract more players With MASSIVE OPEN BORING WORLDS , FILLING GAMES WITH UNWANTED POOR CONTENT TO ATTRACT A SPECIFIC GROUP and using the legacy of that title only to sell the game while the actual game is way way different than it looks . There are more games to talk but the idea is More franchises are dead and thank god they are not here because they will make it worse than knowing it’s dead .

With next gen I’m not that optimistic tbh if they concentrate on how that light comes on that dress or how big our game’s world with no content at all just to show off who has the biggest *ick . At the end I want to say that games are not stages for sending messages or changing ideas you can go public and do that shit but for games we all want to have fun to get involved in story care and feel just like old days , I don’t give a shit what you are just make a game for the world not for your self !

Goodbye and enjoy

Paracelsus

knitWhD.gif

I can’t talk for all players but here is why I’m not optimistic about some franchises’s sequel :

Today we see lots of games has changed but is it for better? Or for worse ?

Don’t know but I don’t like it , if you have nothing to add then end that game and make another with your new stupid ideas . Heartbroken , that’s me when I see games like Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed and Resident Evil what they have became and the origin of it just vanished and replaced with new empty ways to attract more players With MASSIVE OPEN BORING WORLDS , FILLING GAMES WITH UNWANTED POOR CONTENT TO ATTRACT A SPECIFIC GROUP and using the legacy of that title only to sell the game while the actual game is way way different than it looks . There are more games to talk but the idea is More franchises are dead and thank god they are not here because they will make it worse than knowing it’s dead .

With next gen I’m not that optimistic tbh if they concentrate on how that light comes on that dress or how big our game’s world with no content at all just to show off who has the biggest *ick . At the end I want to say that games are not stages for sending messages or changing ideas you can go public and do that shit but for games we all want to have fun to get involved in story care and feel just like old days , I don’t give a shit what you are just make a game for the world not for your self !

Goodbye and enjoy

Why remakes and remasters?
Because you can count on a IP that was once good and popular to sell your new ideas that are neither as good nor would ever be as popular. That's all it is.
How many new IPs can you name in any field of entertainment that made history and will still be relevant 30 years from now in a positive way?
Nostalgia is a commodity and a powerful weapon that works both ways: people overrate things because of nostalgia, but they also learn to metabolize bad sequels or anything associated to something they love rather than accept it was ruined.
It takes a lot of damage before people can no longer deny the damage and reject a product. Yes, it can only get worse.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Why remakes and remasters?
Because you can count on a IP that was once good and popular to sell your new ideas that are neither as good nor would ever be as popular. That's all it is.
How many new IPs can you name in any field of entertainment that made history and will still be relevant 30 years from now in a positive way?
Nostalgia is a commodity and a powerful weapon that works both ways: people overrate things because of nostalgia, but they also learn to metabolize bad sequels or anything associated to something they love rather than accept it was ruined.
It takes a lot of damage before people can no longer deny the damage and reject a product. Yes, it can only get worse.

Yeah and that is one of the strategies they used to inject that remake until they make that nostalgia goes with the new changes yet players know that they ruined the game but as you said some just reach a point where he/she denies the damage and just accept it

To be honest, I don't even recognize Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed anymore. The reveal trailer for Valhalla looked like its own thing until you see the viking use his hidden blade but it looks so silly. Seeing these franchises become bigger over the years and they begin to lose their identity going for different "What if...?" player scenarios. Even the sub-series within the main series are unrecognizable, comparing Black Ops 4 to the first two Black Ops, for example. They should have called Black Ops 4 something like Blackout instead. But obviously branding the game as part of an existing IP is a safer bet for publishers even if you no longer really recognize it.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
To be honest, I don't even recognize Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed anymore. The reveal trailer for Valhalla looked like its own thing until you see the viking use his hidden blade but it looks so silly. Seeing these franchises become bigger over the years and they begin to lose their identity going for different "What if...?" player scenarios. Even the sub-series within the main series are unrecognizable, comparing Black Ops 4 to the first two Black Ops, for example. They should have called Black Ops 4 something like Blackout instead. But obviously branding the game as part of an existing IP is a safer bet for publishers even if you no longer really recognize it.

True

Top Bottom