• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I went to a Cave. Check it out.

I feel out of breath just watching this.

I understand some people just need the thrills, but…
You know what's crazy, it reminds me of those guys who live in the ocean for like 2 weeks at a time, in a small hardened capsule. They go out specifically for welding work. It looked so uncomfortable and supposedly they get upwards of 30-60k a month, because it's work most humans don't have the mental endurance for.
Like, damn... it takes a special kind of curiosity to venture in such remote, tight spaces. It's like when I think I heard of 3 people getting lost in a cave, one went to go get help, but the other two died because the oxygen level was low and it was getting replaced with carbon dioxide.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I've been to both Mammoth Cave and Carlsbad Caverns -- both are massive cave systems.

My favorite kind of nature trip/hike--of all the national parks we've visited--is probably through caves, all things otherwise being equal.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
That looks awfully like the Marble Arch caves outside of Enniskillen an hour or so up the road from me

nEk6IwP.jpeg
eB2pnX5.jpeg
CkwthrA.jpeg
sHOVF2E.jpeg
cq161rl.jpeg

You know what's crazy, it reminds me of those guys who live in the ocean for like 2 weeks at a time, in a small hardened capsule. They go out specifically for welding work. It looked so uncomfortable and supposedly they get upwards of 30-60k a month, because it's work most humans don't have the mental endurance for.
Like, damn... it takes a special kind of curiosity to venture in such remote, tight spaces. It's like when I think I heard of 3 people getting lost in a cave, one went to go get help, but the other two died because the oxygen level was low and it was getting replaced with carbon dioxide.
Tell me more!!!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I have toured plenty of caves, and underground locations. I even went to an underground city in Turkey one time. I have been to places like Mammoth, cave and Blanchard Springs Cavern and many others.

That's awesome. 🔥

I've only went to some touristy ones in France as a kid and once in Poland when was 29. Really cool but nothing compared to ones ITT.

Cool, AJump, thanks for sharing.

One of my favorite cave adventures was the cenotes down in Tulum, Mexico. I like swimming and spelunking, and the trip was a combination of both. There was one part where we had to cross about 15 meters where if you wanted to take a breath, you had maybe six inches of clearance and had to turn your head to not get poked by little stalactites. There were also hundreds of bats chilling up in the crevices that were handing out guano taste samples like the nice ladies at Costco.

Gran-Cenote-Tulum-shutterstock_1245486262-768x512.jpg

grand-cenote.png
💗

Sounds like saturation diving.

Sounds like saturation diving.

I think this is the exact occupation. That shit sounds brutal and I feel a loss of breath just thinking about that environment.
Also, I think it was Cave Diving that I was thinking of when I mentioned the story in the bottom part of my post. I am trying to find the story, but basically, it was too dark and they couldn't see down there and just waited for help, till dying of Asphyxiation because of the uneven levels of Oxygen VS Carbon Dioxide.

Top Bottom