• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there is a PSV revision, should it have R2/R3 and L2/L3 buttons?

If the remote play works as well as they claimed tonight, then it's a no brainer.

Being able to play all PS4 games on Vita is cool and all, but the vita is not as comfortable as a dualshock AND doesn't have R2/L2 buttons which means using the back touch pad which kinda sucks. You can add a Frankenstein like device for current vitas for R2/L2 on that mystery port, much like Nintendo did for the 3DS' second analog. For R3/L3 current vita owners would be stuck with the touch screen, sorry.

What I really want though is a 7-10" tablet with attachable pad for the controls and I'll get rid of my vita tonight.

Massa

The Vita doesn't have those buttons for a reason. You'll just have to emulate them on the touchscreen or back pad when using Remote Play, like it is already with PS3 titles.

The Vita doesn't have those buttons for a reason. You'll just have to emulate them on the touchscreen or back pad when using Remote Play, like it is already with PS3 titles.

That's not comfortable at all. I'm always touching that back pad as well, I'd be throwing grenades in the new Killzone by accident all the time.

Derrick01

Banned
It does really need them. The rear touchpad is the worst gimmick of all time and it doesn't work as well. It's also extremely uncomfortable for us big hand people to use.

It does really need them. The rear touchpad is the worst gimmick of all time and it doesn't work as well. It's also extremely uncomfortable for us big hand people to use.

This. They can do it how the wii did the classic controller buttons with the R2/L2 buttons being next to the current L/R buttons.

wii_classic_controller_pro7.jpg

Tobor

This. They can do it how the wii did the classic controller buttons with the R2/L2 buttons being next to the current L/R buttons.

wii_classic_controller_pro7.jpg

That's worse than using the touchscreen, IMO.

I disable the rear touchpad and use the four quadrants of the touchscreen for L2/R2/L3/R3 in PS1 games.

The rear touchpad is awful and a poor replacement for buttons in my opinion, however I find using the corners of the touchscreen as extra buttons to be perfectly fine for nearly all purposes.

If they were to allow remapping of all the controls then that would be wonderful. It would make it possible to place some of the low priority commands for any given game on the touchscreen while using the buttons/triggers for any of the more feedback sensitive inputs. Making the brief motion to move my right thumb off of the buttons to press the corner of the screen for, for example, opening the menu/map or reloading one's weapon is a perfectly reasonable scenario for me. No issue with it at all.

That's worse than using the touchscreen, IMO.

I disable the rear touchpad and use the four quadrants of the touchscreen for L2/R2/L3/R3 in PS1 games.

Yep, Vita already has lots of options for L2/R2/L3/R3, especially if you don't like using the rear touch. It's a non-issue.

Top Bottom