• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Live - Borderlands, PowerWash Simulator, LOTR: The Rings of Power, and More (how exciting, right...?)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
muqNAVB.png

IGN Live Day 1 kicks off on Friday, June 7 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST.
Tune in for an interview with The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power cast, new gameplay for Greedfall 2, a speedrun of Shovel Knight, an in-depth interview with the cast of Borderlands, a special reveal of Despicable Me 4, and more

Day one stream:

Wait... You guys are not excited for the new trailer of Rings of Power???

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel
It's more just like... this is mostly all TV or film. It's "E3" week, so shouldn't it be primarily gaming-focused? It's just baffling to me. Everyone else's events and showcases are gaming-focused. 🤷‍♂️

Geoff Keighley scooped up all big the reveals for SGF that aren't in the Xbox or Nintendo show, so IGN couldn't book anything other than scraps? I dunno, something happened there.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It's more just like... this is mostly all TV or film. It's "E3" week, so shouldn't it be primarily gaming-focused? It's just baffling to me. Everyone else's events and showcases are gaming-focused. 🤷‍♂️

Geoff Keighley scooped up all big the reveals for SGF that aren't in the Xbox or Nintendo show, so IGN couldn't book anything other than scraps? I dunno, something happened there.
Money. They are getting paid to show a gaming focused male audience with disposable income a show.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Oh yeah I agree, I'm just messing with you haha. Those show are shit now, I miss the old days with E3 focusing on GAMES and that was it. 2 hours of trailers and some delicious cringe moments from certain shows (hi Ubi).

As I created this thread, it showed me this one that I made in 2021 and holy shit it was clearly something else, there were games for everyone, not bullshit

Oh yeah I agree, I'm just messing with you haha. Those show are shit now, I miss the old days with E3 focusing on GAMES and that was it. 2 hours of trailers and some delicious cringe moments from certain shows (hi Ubi).

As I created this thread, it showed me this one that I made in 2021 and holy shit it was clearly something else, there were games for everyone, not bullshit

E2 2021 was legit, even tho it was all-digital. I just rewatched that Nintendo Direct a few nights ago, man that Metroid Dread announcement out of nowhere. After 20 years. They brought the goods that year. Epic

Last edited:
Notthing says the industry has no games to show this year than a speedrun of Shovel Knight on ign freaking live during peak e3 season.

My god that Guerilla showcase has some fantastic looking indies maybe invite some to show it off to the wider casual audience.

KXVXII9X

As cringe as they were, I really enjoyed Ubisoft shows and Aisha Tyler's antics. I think at this point, another Nintendo Muppet show would be more exciting lol.

Notthing says the industry has no games to show this year than a speedrun of Shovel Knight on ign freaking live during peak e3 season.

My god that Guerilla showcase has some fantastic looking indies maybe invite some to show it off to the wider casual audience.
I honestly think IGN just came in too late, and SGF scooped up all the big names, whatever wasn't already planned to be at the Xbox or Nintendo show. IGN's left with the scraps, so we get this odd pivot to TV and film, and... speedruns of old games.

Top Bottom