• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ignore List Amnesty

Mossybrew

So I randomly checked my ignore list and was surprised to find almost 30 posters on there. I have zero recollection of who these people are or why I ignored them - probably they were added over the years during drunk shitposting sessions. So I freed them from their cage, time to give them another chance!

What say you GAF, is it time to free those whom you've ignored over the years, give them another chance to annoy you with their buffoonery? Who knows how many absurd hot takes and monkey-level shitposts you may have missed out on!

J Peterman No GIF

Mossybrew

Never ignored anyone on any forum, bad opinions still have comedy gold value and it's childish to ignore people.
Agreed bad opinions can be funny, but nah, Ignore functions are a great feature on forums, being able to wipe someone's existence out with the press of a button is a powerful tool. Feels good man.

Last edited:

Puscifer

If I was ever to use the ignore function, the type of people that use them would probably make the list.
That's funny lol

But I've only ever used it for people who were clearly trolling constantly and moderators won't do as anything about or weirdos who won't stop dming.

I generally don't ignore someone unless they are being a cunt towards me. I know it's the internet and I should toughen up but I just don't want to deal with that shit. Eventually I do take them off the list. Either they get banned or just stop posting anyway lol.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
So I randomly checked my ignore list and was surprised to find almost 30 posters on there. I have zero recollection of who these people are or why I ignored them - probably they were added over the years during drunk shitposting sessions. So I freed them from their cage, time to give them another chance!

What say you GAF, is it time to free those whom you've ignored over the years, give them another chance to annoy you with their buffoonery? Who knows how many absurd hot takes and monkey-level shitposts you may have missed out on!
I could let em out as we're seldom in the same threads anyway. However, that'd be like two members. The vast majority that were on my list account suicided, left around/after January 2021 or have otherwise been banned by mods. The last active members I have on ignore are likely to follow in the same footsteps. 🤷‍♂️

Spyxos

Gold Member

As long as someone doesn't threaten me or insult me I see no reason to put someone on the ignore list. My ignore list is also empty. If you have 30 people on your list, it is not unlikely that you are part of the problem.

VN1X

Banned

This is a test post to see if you've ignored me.

I think we all went through a phase at a younger age when we resorted to “BLOCKED” to get back at a person online. I never did personally

Mossybrew

As long as someone doesn't threaten me or insult me I see no reason to put someone on the ignore list. My ignore list is also empty. If you have 30 people on your list, it is not unlikely that you are part of the problem.

Oh, yeah I'm definitely part of the problem.

nkarafo

I don't have anyone in my ignore list. I'm always curious about what others post, even when they are insufferable.

I'm not sure if i'm in someone's ignore list though. I don't know how would a post/topic look to me if someone who is ignoring me post it. Is it completely invisible or there's an indicator?

My ignore list is full of people who went to Resetera. Must be a coincidence... or maybe I can just tell when someone is not worth my time.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious if there is any way to know if YOU are on someone's ignore list. Maybe don't say whose list it is, but just "XXX users have you on their ignore list" could be constructive feedback about the type of contribution you are making here.

Knowing Gaf though, it would just turn into a race to see who could get the highest count :p

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I had been wanting to make a "Who is your GAF arch nemesis?" post but decided against it and anyway my nemesis aka the pedo defender is now permabanned

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have just 1 person on my ignore list but I can't remember who they are or what they did. Looks like they haven't been active since Dec 2021 either.
Fine OP, I'm letting bygones be bygones. @Marrygg you've been freed!

but I've still got my eye on them just in case lol
31d03f1139156eb378fa7af521bbf7de.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom