• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Jack in the Box R&D - how they come up with those Munchie Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/jack-in-the-box-munchie-meals/

VHPaFPg.png

On a recent visit to Jack in the Box's headquarters in San Diego, CA, I sat down with Jeff Zwally, their VP of Research & Development to discuss their process in creating these munchie-friendly meals.

UIT2T3t.jpg

bBE809Z.jpg

The day we came in, their culinary team had just finished a session on breakfast sandwiches. In the morning, they had come up with more than 100 breakfast ideas. Of those 100, about 20 of them make the "concept board," where the culinary and marketing teams end up sketching them out and rating how easy their concepts are to make with current ingredients (or if new ones are needed).

Once those 20 "concepts" are on the board, Jeff and his team end up creating ten of them for testing. Consumers and other employees then become the guineas, trying and rating these in a controlled environment, and finally, 2-3 of those items usually make it to a restaurant.

qT3V7wI.jpg

While we were visiting, Jeff had his team bring out their newest Munchie Meal item to be released -- Sourdough bread, Crispy Chicken, topped with nacho cheese, jalapeños and onion rings. It was like a chicken sandwich drowning in nacho cheese and it worked really well together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXftp4yvRHw

I kind of assumed they all got high, started cooking, and recorded the results.

Tacobell too, but they run that shit through a mexican food name wordsalad generator before they start marketing it.

blahness

Another fast food advertisement from OP? Are you just hungry or do you just really love In-and-Out and Jack in the Box?

Why is the same user posting another fast food advertisement on the same day? Aren't we discussing how animal agriculture, and by proxy fast food corporations, are the main contributors to carbon emissions and the most responsible parties for man-made climate change at the moment?

Seems someone should ask them why they're finding ways to encourage more consumers to eat more, thus increasing the size of their carbon footprint.

Schrade

Wish we had Jack in da Box instead of Hardees here.

Hardee's is Carl's Jr. though.

Out here on the west coast we have Carl's Jr. and Jack in the Box.

I just wish we had Sonic and more Ralley's out here. (The only Ralley's I've been to was in Sacramento)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom