• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack In The Box add Sriracha Curly Fry Burger to their Munchie Meal menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2016/04/05/new-sriracha-curly-fry-burger-munchie-meal-from-jack-in-the-box/

Jack in the Box has quietly introduced a new burger to the Munchie Meal menu with the new Sriracha Curly Fry Burger. This burger features a 100% beef patty, seasoned curly fries, American cheese, and creamy Sriracha sauce on a buttery bakery bun. If you’re not familiar with the Munchie Meal, it includes halfsie fries, two tacos, and a small drink for a suggested price of $6 after 9pm.

TprKaPp.jpg

BossLackey

Gold Member
I don't understand America's obsession with Sriracha. It's not that great.
I thought this fad would have died out by now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ive tried the grape sprite in that shot, abd it wasnt all that good.

RC

Banned

It's the hipster of "hot" sauces.

Not that spicy, kinda sweet and despite what everyone says does not go with everything. Not even close.

It's the hipster of "hot" sauces.

Not that spicy, kinda sweet and despite what everyone says does not go with everything. Not even close.
I'll agree about its heat, but remind you that 'hot' is relative and enjoyment of hot foods is almost always acquired.

Mimosa97

I only like sriracha with pad thai. Goes well with noodles.

But yeah I agree it's probably the most overrated " sauce " these days.

Indelible

Sriracha isn't that hot but it is damn good, I would try these if there were any Jack In The Boxes in Canada.

Durock

I actually tried this on Friday. It's really not all that bad. Rather tasty actually. Not the best burger in the world, but it's worth trying out if you're interested in something different.

I got a bottle of sriracha at the store yesterday, and it is extremely spicy. I'm going to have to use it in small doses to avoid setting my mouth on fire.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I saw this on the menu at JitB a couple days ago and tried to order it, and nobody working there had any idea what it was or what I was trying to order. They ended up taking a regular burger, putting curly fries on it, and giving me that. No sriracha sauce, just a burger with curly fries on it. Clearly management is not very effective at messaging out the new menu item news to their employees.

Kisaya

Same, it's too sour for me. There's much better hot sauces.

However Potbelly's Sriracha Black Bean soup is godly and it's a shame they discontinued it.

Sriracha is phenomenal with asian foods along with Sambal Oelek.

Cholula is my go to hot sauce for burritos, enchiladas and other typically mex/tex mex food.

Secret Aardvark if I want heat and flavor.

But yea, I agree Sriracha isn't some kind of miracle sauce. It really should be resigned to certain food imo.

Ooo that one has Vault! One of the best drinks ever and my favorite energy drink. Wish they hadn't stopped production on that.

I've never had vault. But I don't really like those machines because there's no Mtn Dew. I think pre-packaged soda tastes better than ones from a machine.

Sriracha has been a stable of many Asian restaurants and foods long before the modern "discovery of mass mdia/internet" to ever be a true fad. Been eating Vietnamese and Thai foods since the 90s and that was what usually was there and continues to be so til they stop making it.

This!

I don't get the fad. It's been around forever and I only use it for Pho. Some people I know thinks it's something new..

Sriracha ain't even that good. But it's everywhere. It's kinda like the Chipotle sauce craze a few years ago, where Chipotle sauce was everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom