• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jerry Heller, Former N.W.A Manager, Dead at 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzom21

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jerry-heller-former-nwa-manager-dead-at-75-w437928

Jerry Heller, the longtime music manager that helped launch the career of N.W.A. and the gangsta-rap movement, died Friday. He was 75. Heller's cousin confirmed Heller's death to Billboard. According to TMZ, Heller died after suffering a medical emergency while driving that resulted in him sustaining serious injuries after crashing his minivan in California. It's still unclear whether Heller died from the medical emergency or the injuries from the crash.

Mesousa

Banned
He made a fortune on the exploitation of black people.

That sentence should be the first line of his obit.

dyergram

Jerry Heller and Lou Pearlman dying so close together is a bit of a coincidence
Jerry was dodgy in a standard slimy record exec kind of way not as bad as the backstreet boys dude. And he seemed to have genuine love for easy contrary to revisionist opinion. Hope Suge dosnt die this year as well seems likely though.

Jerry was dodgy in a standard slimy record exec kind of way not as bad as the backstreet boys dude. And he seemed to have genuine love for easy contrary to revisionist opinion. Hope Suge dosnt die this year as well seems likely though.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever read an article on Jerry badmouthing Eazy. Dude even had issues with how Eazy was portrayed in the film. Hard to feel bad for the guy passing away but he was a part of history.

Suge isn't doing too well these days at all. Here's a good read about how he's doing these days for anyone interested.

IrishNinja

RIP i guess, we'd not have NWA and GOATs like Cube without his fuckery

oh noooo anyone but him etc etc

Suge Knight seems to become that guy that becomes something like 89 and outlives all of his haters while they've been waiting for him to die.

yeah this shit wouldn't surprise me one bit honestly, watch him outlive puffy

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Everything I've read and seen about him made him out to be untrustworthy when it came to business but that on a personal level he could be a decent person.
Regardless it's unlikely NWA would have seen the same level of success without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom