• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just purchased a Vita grip, some questions

So I bought a Joetsu OLED Vita grip off eBay, second hand but still not cheap, thinking that this would solve most of my remote play problems. So I booted up a few games, and every single one of them had remapped R2/L2 to the front touch screen. I had no idea this was a thing, haven't tried remote play for a while but I remembered most games I tried had them mapped to the rear touch pad. Have I just wasted my money? Is there a list of remote play button mappings by any chance? You can't change the mapping yourself right?

muteki

You may be able to move things around using accessibility settings, but yeah, there is no standard for remote play mappings. One reason why I never picked up the R2L2 grips, because it will be hit and miss for Remote play. For PS1 classics you are free to set whatever though.

Yeah, I bought this grip a couple months ago for remote play and I was a little disappointed to see there are some games it doesn't work too great with. Persona 5, Yakuza 0, and Gravity Rush Remastered all played great, but Tekken, Diablo, and Injustice were the three games that mapped everything to the screen instead of the back touch pad. I don't think there's any way to change a game's mappings, so unless you do some research on the games you want to get in advance it's going to be a bit of a crapshoot on which ones work. Still a worthwhile investment overall but can be a bit of a bummer sometimes.

Yeah, I bought this grip a couple months ago for remote play and I was a little disappointed to see there are some games it doesn't work too great with. Persona 5, Yakuza 0, and Gravity Rush Remastered all played great, but Tekken, Diablo, and Injustice were the two games that mapped everything to the screen instead of the back touch pad. I don't think there's any way to change a game's mappings, so unless you do some research on the games you want to get in advance it's going to be a bit of a crapshoot on which ones work. Still a worthwhile investment overall but can be a bit of a bummer sometimes.

Good to hear it works well with Yakuza at least, hopefully they keep it the same with the new Yakuza games coming. Guess I'll just need to try a bunch of my games and see which ones work. Really disappointed that Enter the Gungeon remaps to the front screen, would love to remote play that

stryke

It's crazy, we can remap PS1 controls till kingdom come but we're beholden to the dev's settings for remote play.

Top Bottom