• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's next national rollout: Georgia Gold Chicken to launch January 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2017/01/kfcs-new-georgia-gold-chicken-arrives-january-29-2017.html

KFC is set to offer their take on Georgia's lesser-known honey mustard-based barbecue with the national release of new Georgia Gold Chicken on Sunday, January 29, 2017.

Similar to the chain's Nashville Hot Chicken, Georgia Gold Chicken is actually a new saucing option for a number of fried chicken menu items, including tenders, bone-in chicken, wings, and Chicken Littles sandwiches. The sauce itself is a sweet and tangy honey mustard barbecue sauce.

dkp3D94.jpg

ds8yx2Ml.jpg

With this and their Nashville item a while back, I guess KFC will continue trying different regional approaches going forward for their new limited-time menu items.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That Nashville Hot Chicken was pretty damn good all things considered, hope this follows suit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Shocked they didn't keep the Nashville Hot Chicken around permanently. Probably the best thing on their menu.

Also surprising that it's gone since I watched them make some and it looked like they just squirt some sauce out of a bottle on top of regular chicken tenders and then throw on some cheap pickle slices. Maybe there's more to it?

maxcriden

I wonder why it's called Georgia Gold when it's SC that's known for mustard-based BBQ.

South Carolina Mustard Sauce – Part of South Carolina is known for its yellow barbecue sauces made primarily of yellow mustard, vinegar, sugar and spices. This sauce is most common in a belt from Columbia to Charleston, an area settled by many Germans. Vinegar-based sauces with black pepper are common in the coastal plains region as in North Carolina, and thin tomato- and vinegar-based sauces are common in the hilly regions as in North Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_sauce#United_States

Downhome

I wonder why it's called Georgia Gold when it's SC that's known for mustard-based BBQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_sauce#United_States

Being from SC, I was wondering the same thing.

The absolute best mustard-based BBQ I've ever had is from a little (and formerly highly controversial) place in the middle of the state called Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ. The flavor of their basic mustard-based sauce is one of my favorite flavors of anything period. It's so freakin' delicious.

Now with all of that said, I can't wait to try this from KFC.

BumRush

I have a KFC 2 miles from my house and Popeyes (or other viable fried chicken chains) 30+. Hoping this is good.

jwk94

Shocked they didn't keep the Nashville Hot Chicken around permanently. Probably the best thing on their menu.

Also surprising that it's gone since I watched them make some and it looked like they just squirt some sauce out of a bottle on top of regular chicken tenders and then throw on some cheap pickle slices. Maybe there's more to it?
Is it gone? I just had some last Saturday.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nashville Hot Chicken was surprisingly good, so I'm willing to fuck with this.

Being from SC, I was wondering the same thing.

The absolute best mustard-based BBQ I've ever had is from a little (and formerly highly controversial) place in the middle of the state called Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ. The flavor of their basic mustard-based sauce is one of my favorite flavors of anything period. It's so freakin' delicious.

Oh man, you weren't kidding. Just read the Wikipedia page.

Downhome

Nashville Hot Chicken was surprisingly good, so I'm willing to fuck with this.

Oh man, you weren't kidding. Just read the Wikipedia page.

Yeah, not joking at all. The dude died a few years ago and the second he was underground the entire family revamped the locations. He used to have things in every store location, rebel flags and just all kinds of stuff, wall to wall. There isn't a trace of any of that anymore and stores are again back to selling the sauces in grocery stores and on Amazon and places.

Tizoc

Does KFC in the US really offer pickles with the chicken? I've never seen that happen over here before.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The Nashville hot was legit... I'll try this too.

KFC get's too much hate.. maybe some of you have bad stores.. not sure.

As a Georgian, if this type of sauce is associated with our state it's news to me.

Same here. I've seen some BBQ sauces brand themselves as "Savannah-style" but I've never met a single real person claim a certain BBQ style as our own.

Also all you Popeye's haters should just never eat fried chicken again in your lives. Clearly you're doing it wrong.

I suppose I'll just stroll to my local BBQ joint and insist on some Georgia Gold we're known so well for, and then have the police called on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom