• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 2-2 in Zelda 4 Swords - Awesome

SantaC

Gold Member
Wow this village level was a blast! This is the most fun I had in a videogame for a long long while. And that playing alone. I hope it will be more fun levels like this :)

The Zelda AAA legacy lives on.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I loved it, but my friends were getting a bit miffed by it. (A couple of them are of the GTA...let's kill shit and screw atmosphere schooling) They kept whining about not having enough enemies to kill. Me and the 4th were totally captivated tho!

Death Mountain has some pretty cool puzzles so far. Can't wait to see what the future levels have in store next time we play.

IJoel

I really can't see all the praise in this game. As a single player game, it's a good game at its best, and can get tedious and annoying. The whole save once per level sux too.

I'm currently in level 6 and forcing myself to play part of a level everyday to finish it.

pops619

IJoel said:
I really can't see all the praise in this game. As a single player game, it's a good game at its best, and can get tedious and annoying. The whole save once per level sux too.

I'm currently in level 6 and forcing myself to play part of a level everyday to finish it.

That's your problem. You're playing alone.

IJoel

pops619 said:
That's your problem. You're playing alone.

So? I mentioned so in my comment. Does that mean that I'm wrong? No. It means, that as a single player game, it's good at it's best.

pops619

Right before that, you said this:

I really can't see all the praise in this game.

Like I said, you answered your own question. It's mostly being praised as a multi-player game. I can totally see how it would be tedious as a single player game.

IJoel

pops619 said:
Right before that, you said this:

Like I said, you answered your own question. It's mostly being praised as a multi-player game. I can totally see how it would be tedious as a single player game.

Read the first post that initiated the thread for a clue on why I replied. I've read many posts mentioning how great the game is even for single player, which was certainly not my case.

pops619

IJoel said:
Read the first post that initiated the thread for a clue on why I replied. I've read many posts mentioning how great the game is even for single player, which was certainly not my case.

Yeah, I did. You should still play multi-player if you want to see why the game is being praised. Look man, I'm with you. I don't see how people could love this game if they're playing alone.

IJoel said:
So? I mentioned so in my comment. Does that mean that I'm wrong? No. It means, that as a single player game, it's good at it's best.

Considering that Link to the past is better than most of the games launched today i dont understand your comment.......

Ryu

Me, my gf, and her two sisters have been having a great time with this one. I think the best part is that if one person can't show up, another one can take their place without having to worry too much about what's going on or what stats they have or weapons etc. FF:CC had that problem as you'd be playing someone elses character if you took over for them and that doesn't work too well as a lot of the stuff you can customize, it's all on an individual basis rather then following some set path of leveling up. Makes Zelda much more multiplayer friendly especially since all your hardware resets at the beginning of the next level.

Aside from that, it really is a great game. The best parts are definitely the puzzles and the neat ways to get through them. The dark world dungeons (level 2 as mentioned) in particular are very well done. World 4 at this point is pretty underwhelming. Really not multiplayer friendly and the puzzles aren't all that imaginitive, but who knows. Plenty of game left to make up for this portion of it.

IJoel

Bluemercury said:
Considering that Link to the past is better than most of the games launched today i dont understand your comment.......

ALTTP r0x. But that doesn't mean that a game providing the same kind of experience, would provide the same satisfaction. I already played ALTTP and don't care for playing it again. Four Sword's story is as deep as SMB's rescue the princess' saga and the gameplay mechanics are reset at every level which completely trumps any progression incentive. With none of those factors in, you only have multiplayer, which I have no opinion about and would probably end up being quite good.

Top Bottom