• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lingerie Football League Responds to NFL: ‘We Stand!’

http://freebeacon.com/culture/lingerie-football-league-responds-to-nfl-we-stand/

The all-woman league formerly known as the Lingerie Football League announced this week its belief that America's flag and national anthem are "far too sacred" to protest.

The league, recently rebranded as the Legends Football League, said in a Tuesday statement that its players would not be taking a knee during the national anthem as many of their male counterparts in the NFL have done.

"The LFL recognizes everyone's First Amendment right to protest, but our nation's flag and anthem are far too sacred," the league said. "Too many fellow Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice, so that our flag and anthem continue in all its majesty."

In a video announcing the league's continued support for the national anthem, the LFL pledged to "stand in salute" of the flag.

"It symbolizes all the blood, sweat, and tears that have been shed so that we as Americans can raise our flag across our nation," the organization says during the video. "The LFL salutes all those who make this the greatest country in the world."

"We stand in salute of our flag."

This year's Legends Cup Champions were the Seattle Mist, which defeated the Atlanta Steam 38 to 28 in the finals. The Mist finished the season undefeated.

Screen_Shot_2017_09_27_at_8_17_01_PM.png

LFL | NATIONAL ANTHEM RESPONSE

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I feel like if they did kneel the comments aimed at them would probably be far more vitriolic than those aimed at their male counterparts.

Nabs

"The all-woman league formerly known as the Lingerie Football League announced this week its belief that America's flag and national anthem are "far too sacred" to protest."

LsO9kZM.gif

watership

Of course women are in power in that league, not some group of white males or anything.

Hahahahahahaha ladies and gentlemen, current CEO, Mitch Mortaza.

depositphotos_17914321-stock-photo-mitch-mortaza.jpg

JordanN

Banned
"The LFL recognizes everyone's First Amendment right to protest, but our nation's flag and anthem are far too sacred," the league said. "Too many fellow Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice, so that our flag and anthem continue in all its majesty."

So if the flag don't fly, America ceases to exist? Quick, someone remove the flag from the White House and see if the government shuts down.

Poppy

Next up: What does the Puppy Bowl think?

puppies are divided between standing for the national anthem, sleeping for the national anthem, or sniffing butts for the national anthem

but also real talk, nice try at grabbing attention by utilizing an actual protest that has meaning, you cynical, ignorant pieces of shit

zeshakag

Of course women are in power in that league, not some group of white males or anything.

Hahahahahahaha ladies and gentlemen, current CEO, Mitch Mortaza.

depositphotos_17914321-stock-photo-mitch-mortaza.jpg

This is exactly the kind of person who I envisioned being the CEO, and the kind of person whom the league needs to appease in terms of viewers/attendees.

Every time the Lingerie Football League comes up, I'm just reminded of the sad story that the LFL is basically the only big women's football league, and the stories of women who just wanted to play serious football who came to the realization that they pretty much had to reduce themselves to being sex objects and expose themselves to serious risk without pay or insurance coverage through the team just to make that happen in any meaningful way.

EDIT: Found it. It's on Grantland, The Lingerie Football Trap: http://grantland.com/features/legen...ns-lingerie-football-league-mitchell-mortaza/

D i Z

Sure. Can't take this seriously considering no one take them seriously. But sure. Paycheck and viewership still not guaranteed.

Seesaw15

That's all well and good but at least we know the Puppy Bowl's stance on police brutality in America
/s
1389801508000-15099-343.jpg

It's really fucked up how bastardized this protest has become.

As if I needed another reason not to take this "league" seriously. What an utter travesty. I can't believe this is a thing.

Well I can.

But in 2017, I can't believe I can believe this is a thing.

Top Bottom