• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 21 Official Reveal

Jooxed

Gold Member

Innovative gameplay mechanics in Madden NFL 21 offer advanced levels of control and inspire creativity on both sides of the ball. Feel all-out control with the new Skill Stick ball-carrier system, dominate the edge with fresh pass rush moves, experience more open-field realism with tackle

PS4, XBOX 1 and PC

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Very disappointing. I don’t think that was next gen footage? Looked very very much so like XOX Madden 20. A focus on the run game is very sad, as running already felt great and is OP as heck. Maybe this adds more of a skill gap? The thing that has needed the most improvement for forever is the Oline.

Pretty much what I expected, for this year anyway. Maybe some sharter assets here or there, a resolution boost, pretty much the same game.

Hopefully next year we get a gen leap in the visuals, though I dunno if that can/will happen unless they start over in brand new engine.

At least they didn't show something unrealistic first then deliver a downgrade like they did with the first Madden on this gen (Madden 25).

Andodalf

Banned
Pretty much what I expected, for this year anyway. Maybe some sharter assets here or there, a resolution boost, pretty much the same game.

Hopefully next year we get a gen leap in the visuals, though I dunno if that can/will happen unless they start over in brand new engine.

At least they didn't show something unrealistic first then deliver a downgrade like they did with the first Madden on this gen (Madden 25).

This trailer looks to not be the next gen version, but yeah, not cutting back features with a gen change is sadly a high point for madden

Arkam

Still waiting for this series to step up and be physics driven. They tried to for Gen3 (x360) but it was abandoned as the physics were wonky as hell and management got scared. Someday we will get it... maybe

There’s already ball carrier stick moves though. And there will be nothing realistic about the tackling, the animations looked like the usual dog shit in that video.

Pretty telling that one of the main additions is user controlled celebrations.

Andodalf

Banned
Still waiting for this series to step up and be physics driven. They tried to for Gen3 (x360) but it was abandoned as the physics were wonky as hell and management got scared. Someday we will get it... maybe

I doubt we’ll see any of the major sports franchises stop being animation driven, it’s just too successful

I will look for impressions on the new career mode. Hopefully it is improved.

Road to the Show in MLB The Show is the best sports career mode on the market now (has been for awhile, imo). If it can come close to that, I will be pretty happy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Changes has always been the issue with Madden, it's the only football game though, bottom line.

oldergamer

Damn EA, they have no competition so no reason to push things with each version. They have done this 2 gens in a row. the first release looks like last gen. then the next release will have "limited" updated graphics.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
New realism feature: Lamar Jackson's ratings will drop by 10 points in the playoffs.

Guileless

When did the try physics based tackling in gen 3?

OutRun88

And to think EA just extended their license agreement for another six years. Ugh.

The only showcasing that should be done for Madden is how the lack of competition anchors you to the status quo.

Abear21

Banned
Holy shit ball carrier special moves look OP and they already are! They need to improve tackling and defense getting off a blocking animation. When defenders are running right by the ball carrier because he’s mid animation you already know how this is going to play-just like it did the last few years...I’ve been disappointed by this entire generation of Madden.

Ar¢tos

Can they just make the game fun?
45cfgu.jpg

Was never public. We had a build up and running but fumbles and such were clown shoes. It was hilarious.

Aw man that would have been awesome to see in a full game. Back Breaker did an amazing job with this, even though I hated the close up camera angle of the players.

Last edited:

Abear21

Banned
I buy it every year and I do have fun with friends Off and online and even solo in Ultimate Team, but only to a point. It becomes such a grind and you get to the point where to compete you have to spend money.

Hopefully they improve on Franchise mode. Being able to upgrade the stadium and vendor prices was fun back in the day.

D.Final

Banned

Innovative gameplay mechanics in Madden NFL 21 offer advanced levels of control and inspire creativity on both sides of the ball. Feel all-out control with the new Skill Stick ball-carrier system, dominate the edge with fresh pass rush moves, experience more open-field realism with tackle

PS4, XBOX 1 and PC

After the leak

It’s been a while since I’ve played Madden. I think ‘16 was the last one I tired. This doesn’t really look any different based on zoomed in replays and cutscenes. I don’t think I would buy another one without a fully new engine. Maybe next gen?

Guileless

Do you guys remember the disastrous reveal of next-gen 360 Madden? I think you had to buy food at Burger King and you got a code to watch a video or something? It looked like garbage (and then the game came out and played like garbage as well).

Madden NBA 2K & FIFA all get trash and low user score yet still sell over 10 million copies each this is why they don't even bother to improve it. As gamers have to vote with their wallet not just giving it low rating does nothing.

anthraticus

Banned
Can they just make the game fun?
It's all about the looks/presentation for this AAA/mainstream crap. Style over substance.

They need to start making lower profile sports games (like Fire Pro for rasslin)

Completely gameplay focused with good editors that allow for creations to subvert the need for licensing.

Just have the community create all the content, but give them good tools to do so and a solid foundation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom