• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia: Definitive Edition - Leaks

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
14 - wtf. I hate when this is happening and games in my library are changed, removed and so on. Gta IV as an example is nothing like when I've bought it 10 years ago. It now lost most of it's music, is even more broken, has different main menu and requires shitty launcher which it did not when I've got it.
All digital future sucks sometimes

dolabla

Will be amazing to replay the original. Loved it on PS2. I bought it again a couple of year ago after losing my PS2 copy, but I haven't replayed it yet.

I never beat Mafia 2 although I had it on PS3.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Wonder if Mafia 4 will continue with Donovan or a brand new story. Hope its brand new and either delves into prohibition, that or a later time where the Mafia is coming to an end and they are trying to cling on to what they have left as the world changes around them ala Red Dead 2
EDIT: also if they improve Mafia 1 graphically to be on par with Mafia 2, then day fucking one.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Why would Mafia 4 be a reboot if they're including a new cutscene in Mafia 3 to tease the next game? Sounds bullshit
Could be a soft reboot with Donovan, that or it gives the player insight that a new game is coming and to be excited for it.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Hang on I thought there were no XBSX exclusives it had to be playable in the rest?

If true I'm really happy, Mafia 1 is by far the best game in the series (a port would be fine).

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Mafia 1 had the best story i wish they remake it not just a remaster
It would be shit, because Vávra does not want to go back. And I no longer can drink alcohol to persuade him otherwise.

GHG

14 - wtf. I hate when this is happening and games in my library are changed, removed and so on. Gta IV as an example is nothing like when I've bought it 10 years ago. It now lost most of it's music, is even more broken, has different main menu and requires shitty launcher which it did not when I've got it.
All digital future sucks sometimes

Time to buy mafia on GOG.

No doubt they will find a way to ruin this game.

marianus

Btw I know there is Mafia 1 new release. Either remake or remaster. Not sure about 2.

I expect some songs to be missing from Mafia 2. Like GTA re-releases.
Of course. That is insulting to call it Definitive. I wonder if they remove the Playboys??

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd check it out.

But man, this just reminds me of how disappointing Mafia 3 was. I loved the premise, and the opening bits were great, but it's like they just ran out of time and made the rest of the game into a soulless grind.

Snakey125

Very much doubting this.

If 2K SERIOUSLY wanted to re-release Mafia 2, It would a semi-remake. Mafia 2 had so much content cut from the final game (the entire prologue had it's own chapter in Sicily that ended up getting cut to about 1 mission) and some of the cut content even got into the final game.

Remember how they said "trunks are useless. It was a feature at one point"? Yeah.

Kenpachii

If you already own Mafia 1, 2 and 3 on PC (Steam) the games will be removed from your library, and Steam will automatically change it to Mafia - Def. Edition. (Similar to what R* did with their GTA Complete Edition Re-Release).

Seems totally legal, not.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If you already own Mafia 1, 2 and 3 on PC (Steam) the games will be removed from your library, and Steam will automatically change it to Mafia - Def. Edition. (Similar to what R* did with their GTA Complete Edition Re-Release).

fuck that.
Rockstar did the same with gta iv. Now gta iv not only has deleted music but all of sudden is replaced by complete edition which requires their launcher to run.... which should be fucking illegal wtf

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

D I G I T A L F U T U R E B A Y B A Y

Trilogy re-release, no word yet on what to expect from it

2K's trilogy of Mafia games are getting a re-release via a package called, fittingly, Mafia Trilogy.

Today's brief teaser doesn't tell us much other than the trilogy's new platforms - PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Stadia - and to expect more details next week, on Tuesday 19th May.

There's no official word yet on what to expect from the trilogy, though fan hopes are high for Mafia 2 to get the remaster treatment. For now, here's the teaser:

Last edited:
Mafia 1 is still my favorite game ever and while I HATE remakes and rehashes the thought of a polished Mafia 1 has me fully erect :<

Last edited:

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Given the massive layoffs at Hanger 13 and today's announcement it seems like maybe this is all true.

Nigel

oTIbY9d.jpg

yPveetR.jpg

IVh1Plh.jpg

Looks nice.

UPDATE 4.45pm UK: One final update, as it looks like Mafia 2's new version will arrive as soon as next week.

Mafia 2 Definitive Edition - whose upgrade looks less striking than that coming to Mafia 1 in August - has also just been revealed via a Microsoft Store listing. It will feature all DLC content and is described as a "remaster" rather than a remake.

It is apparently set for launch next week, on 19th May.

Top Bottom