• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Canada introduces holiday specials: Jolly Burger, Chicken Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2015/11/27...olly-burger-and-chicken-celebration-sandwich/

McDonald’s locations in Canada are now promoting some “holiday-inspired” sandwiches for a limited time.

First up is the Jolly Burger which features 100% Canadian beef, peppercorn sauce, melted processed white cheddar cheese, grilled onions and leaf lettuce on a toasted, cross-split premium bun topped with rolled wheat flakes.

On the chicken side of things is the new Chicken Celebration which consists of a breaded chicken patty, melted processed white cheddar cheese, crisp leaf lettuce, hickory-smoked bacon and creamy, rotisserie seasoned sauce on a toasted, cross-split premium bun topped with rolled wheat flakes.

McDonald’s Canada is also offering Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Ginger Cookies. The Ginger Cookies are baked fresh daily.

mplUj6J.jpg

546LGj6.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
I saw a sign for it yesterday as I was driving around. Had no idea what it was, figured I'd see a thread on here about it!

I'd probably try it.

I don't like beef burgers that much and the chicken specials are nearly always chicken bacon and a marginally different sauce, mix it up a bit McDonalds!

U.K. Here though

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I've had both and both are really tasty. The Jolly burger is probably the best burger they have right now, love the peppercorn sauce.

Parch

I'm assuming these are at the premium prices as well.
I might just go all-in with a complete holiday special meal. I assume they have a holiday McFlurry to go with those cookies.

Barrage

The Chicken Celebration tastes identical to the McChicken (I know they use the same patty).

Now its time to get jolly.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Mighty Angus is the best burger they have right now. I have like 1 a day.

Because I work there.

It WAS the best burger, I think the Jolly burger is tastier.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Those burgers are absolutely not gonna look like that in real life.

They'll probably be like half the size of the ones in the pictures, if that.

I had the Jolly Burger a couple of days ago actually. I wasn't a very big fan of it. The sauce was really sour to the point where I had to force myself to eat it. my burger also had no onions in it.

Damn, here in America, McDonalds doesn't dare use a chicken patty on a headliner sandwich. We only tolerate its continued existence so that there is a chicken sandwich option on the dollar menu. Sorry, Canada.

StudioTan

Damn, here in America, McDonalds doesn't dare use a chicken patty on a headliner sandwich. We only tolerate its continued existence so that there is a chicken sandwich option on the dollar menu. Sorry, Canada.

Your American chicken patties are not the same as the ones in Canada. What you guys call a McChicken we call a Jr Chicken, and it tastes completely different.

I had the chicken celebration last week, it was pretty mediocre. But it was better than the mclobster, which I tried for the first time earlier this year.

Joeku

Just tried the Jolly Burger. It tastes exactly why you think it would. Not bad.

But a combo with fries and a drink comes to almost $9.50. McDicks in Canada ain't what it once was.

Joeku

It's a lot more polite than American beef.

I genuinely don't know. There's probably some small difference to taste, but ground beef never doesn't taste like ground beef to me no matter where it's from.

DJ_Lae

What a weird holiday special.

Mary Brown's released a holiday chicken burger, and sure maybe they should have left the cranberry sauce separate rather than mixing it with the mayo into a weird pink slurry, but it was delicious anyway.

Massive hunk of chicken, cranberry mayo and stuffing.

Q4Irp7G.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What a weird holiday special.

Mary Brown's released a holiday chicken burger, and sure maybe they should have left the cranberry sauce separate rather than mixing it with the mayo into a weird pink slurry, but it was delicious anyway.

Massive hunk of chicken, cranberry mayo and stuffing.

Q4Irp7G.jpg

Errr, why is the pickle chip on the top?

Bear

I love the fact the description mentions the cheese is processed

They have to, it can't be legally marketed as just "cheese".

While I wouldn't use processed cheese for anything else, it's actually pretty well suited for burgers because of its mild, salty flavor and consistency when melted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom