• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 1's Season Pass 2 Characters Leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member
kombat-pack.jpg

Upcoming Mortal Kombat 1 DLC characters could include the T-1000 and Conan the Barbarian.

That’s according to established Mortal Kombat 1 dataminer Interloko (via IGN), who claims to have unearthed six planned DLC characters while rummaging through game files.

1. Cyrax
  2. Sektor
  3. Noob Saibot
  4. Ghostface
  5. Conan the Barbarian
  6. T-1000

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Is this game any good for the story?
Might pick up a key, but don't have energy to get gud at online play and learn a character, it's like a second job to be competitive.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Might pick up a key, but don't have energy to get gud at online play and learn a character, it's like a second job to be competitive.
The story is decent but short. Wait for a deep sale imo. Or just watch it online somewhere. The game itself is just average at best imo.

SF6 and GG Strive both blow it out of the water.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Up to chapter 9, it is genuinely good story wise, then it spirals into beyond bad.

The gameplay/game sadly isn't good either, probably the most disappointing purchase I've made in recent years.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Totally.
Im horrible at competitive fighting games except Dead Or Alive and Soul Calibur.......both are dead franchises, so I needed to get my fix for fighting games without needing to sweat.
MK1 solves that pretty well......the story is actually good until towards the end something happens and it jumps the shark, but youll have had a good time till then and can enter Invasion and Towers mode.
So even iif you dont play competitively id say its worth the price of admission, you can get a physical edition for 40 - 50 bucks, probably less if you are willing to brick and mortar.
Tekken 8 also gets the job done to an extent.

The story is decent but short. Wait for a deep sale imo. Or just watch it online somewhere. The game itself is just average at best imo.

SF6 and GG Strive both blow it out of the water.

How can you call the story short when its probably longer than Tekken 8 and SF6 combined?

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Totally.
Im horrible at competitive fighting games except Dead Or Alive and Soul Calibur.......both are dead franchises, so I needed to get my fix for fighting games without needing to sweat.
MK1 solves that pretty well......the story is actually good until towards the end something happens and it jumps the shark, but youll have had a good time till then and can enter Invasion and Towers mode.
So even iif you dont play competitively id say its worth the price of admission, you can get a physical edition for 40 - 50 bucks, probably less if you are willing to brick and mortar.
Tekken 8 also gets the job done to an extent.

How can you call the story short when its probably longer than Tekken 8 and SF6 combined?
Compared to recent entires in the MK series, the story felt fairly short to me. SF6 at least has World Tour mode, and well GG is just watching what is essentially and in-engine anime.

SALMORE

Candyman or Chucky would have been better than Ghostface ... T-1000 on the other hand is a great choice ! we used to fantasize about him being in Mortal Kombat back in the 90s

Black_Stride

Compared to recent entires in the MK series, the story felt fairly short to me. SF6 at least has World Tour mode, and well GG is just watching what is essentially and in-engine anime.

MK1 is longer than MK2011 and MKX combined, MK11 is way shorter than MK1 even if you include Aftermath.........Mortal Kombat Armageddon can be finished faster than that Brad Pitt movie Mr & Mrs Smith, I explicitly remember this because my GF at the time was watching that movie on her laptop and when the credits rolled for MKA she was still going.
Deadly Alliance is basically an episode of Law and Order.

Which recent entry in Mortal Kombat are you thinking about?

MK1 has Invasions and Towers.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
MK1 is longer than MK2011 and MKX combined, MK11 is way shorter than MK1 even if you include Aftermath.........Mortal Kombat Armageddon can be finished faster than that Brad Pitt movie Mr & Mrs Smith, I explicitly remember this because my GF at the time was watching that movie on her laptop and when the credits rolled for MKA she was still going.
Deadly Alliance is basically an episode of Law and Order.

Which recent entry in Mortal Kombat are you thinking about?

MK1 has Invasions and Towers.
Just felt super short to me, guess that’s perspective thing. If you care that much then just buy the game. Not sure what exactly you want from me.

Black_Stride

Just felt super short to me, guess that’s perspective thing. If you care that much then just buy the game. Not sure what exactly you want from me.

Im just counterpointing your statement that the story and SP content IS short, yet you recommend SF6 which is like half the length of this game. (Noting original poster only wants to play Singleplayer)
Not going to counter your "opinion" that the story felt short........even if its longer than all the previous entries which inexplicably felt longer to you.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Im just counterpointing your statement that the story and SP content IS short, yet you recommend SF6 which is like half the length of this game. (Noting original poster only wants to play Singleplayer)
Not going to counter your "opinion" that the story felt short........even if its longer than all the previous entries which inexplicably felt longer to you.
I don’t know, cry me a river.
MK1 felt super short.

EruditeHobo

Conan is pretty cool. But Ghostface and T-1000? Hmmmm... not exactly super-charging me with inspiration to to jump onboard.

Whoever said Candyman and Chucky, that's waaaaay more interesting.

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
Game needs new moves, animalities, stage fatalities, more customisation and a major revamp of invasions.
Until then MK11 will continue to torment it in charts and player numbers.

Pelao

I hope they eventually make a pack with just the MK characters.
I bought the MK9, X and 11 passes, but the MK1 guest characters are just terrible.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
To be honest I wanted to like MK1. I ended up really disliking it. I bought the season pass then sold the game. I’m hoping MK2 is darker and plays better. I didn’t have a match in MK1 that was better than T8 and SF6. It kinda sucks to throw more money at season 2 to be honest. I feel like I payed them enough money.

MKXL had the best DLC guest characters. I’m not feeling MK1. It’s like NRS is smelling their own farts.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
To be honest I wanted to like MK1. I ended up really disliking it. I bought the season pass then sold the game. I’m hoping MK2 is darker and plays better. I didn’t have a match in MK1 that was better than T8 and SF6. It kinda sucks to throw more money at season 2 to be honest. I feel like I payed them enough money.

MKXL had the best DLC guest characters. I’m not feeling MK1. It’s like NRS is smelling their own farts.

Its WB fuckin everything up

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
This series has lost the essence of what it used to be. WB ruins everything.

And you have Capcom deliver for SF's 30th anniversary a complete collection of all the Street Fighter games, and recently Capcom also has that Marvel / Street Fighter collection coming. Yet these incompetent fucks at NRS and WB refuse to do any sort of collection of the 1st 4 Arcade games.

This series has lost the essence of what it used to be. WB ruins everything.

And you have Capcom deliver for SF's 30th anniversary a complete collection of all the Street Fighter games, and recently Capcom also has that Marvel / Street Fighter collection coming. Yet these incompetent fucks at NRS and WB refuse to do any sort of collection of the 1st 4 Arcade games.
The capcom marvel collection should have good rollback netcode and 6 good games will fuel my arcade nostalgic needs for some time. I can't fucking wait to play co-op Punisher with my brother once again. NRS has lost me with MK9, everything after that I bought on sale or was gifted by friends. I didn't even touch MK1 because I'm done with Warner's shenanigans.

Top Bottom