• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo now apparently uses AI “lawyers” to DMCA sites…

VGEsoterica

As if AI couldn’t get any worse. It was funny when it was suggestion to put glue into pizza sauce.

Last month Vimm’s Lair got hit with just short of 800 DMCA takedowns that were rife with misspellings and grammatical errors and missed X/Y/Z Nintendo games while hitting others. It was so poorly written it was presumed to be internet trolls

Nope. Turned out it’s Nintendo and their third party partners using AI to issue random DMCA take downs. Charming. Skynet turns on us all again

I get it. It’s Nintendo’s prerogative to do what they want here. They are “legally in the right”…but there’s “legal right” and “maybe try and play it a LITTLE cool”

VGEsoterica

This is exactly what AI should be used for, monotonous, busy work.

IF a company isn't using AI to alleviate their burdens from such copy and paste work, then they are doing something wrong.

Think about how much money Ninty is saving.

It makes all the cents.
They better teach their AI grammar and spelling first haha. The first batch was near to incomprehensible

PUNKem733

This is exactly what AI should be used for, monotonous, busy work.

IF a company isn't using AI to alleviate their burdens from such copy and paste work, then they are doing something wrong.

Think about how much money Ninty is saving.

It makes all the cents.
True in a way, but lawsuits and shit are serious business, and not something where you send papers, and it all looks like a clown show with grammar and spelling that would make a 3 year old do a double take. These are legal documents, professionalism and verbiage should be the the top priorities, maybe wait until AI can actually spell shit out coherently? Naaaa gotta get rid of more human workers. It's like imagine getting one of these notices from ninty. I'd show it in court and one would assume the system would laugh at it all.

Last edited:
True in a way, but lawsuits and shit are serious business, and not something where you send papers, and it all looks like a clown show with grammar and spelling that would make a 3 year old do a double take. These are legal documents, professionalism and verbiage should be the the top priorities, maybe wait until AI can actually spell shit out coherently? Naaaa gotta get rid of more human workers. It's like imagine getting one of these notices from ninty. I'd show it in court and one would assume the system would laugh at it all.
Absolutely.

Really makes you wonder what tool they used because there are some models which exist specifically tailored for legal work.

Lethal01

As if AI couldn’t get any worse. It was funny when it was suggestion to put glue into pizza sauce.

Last month Vimm’s Lair got hit with just short of 800 DMCA takedowns that were rife with misspellings and grammatical errors and missed X/Y/Z Nintendo games while hitting others. It was so poorly written it was presumed to be internet trolls

Nope. Turned out it’s Nintendo and their third party partners using AI to issue random DMCA take downs. Charming. Skynet turns on us all again

I get it. It’s Nintendo’s prerogative to do what they want here. They are “legally in the right”…but there’s “legal right” and “maybe try and play it a LITTLE cool”

If Nintendo takes down Vimm's Lair, I'm burning down their headquarters.

Piece of shit of a company.

Vimm's Lair just seems to be a straight up rom site. why wouldn't they get taken down?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It’s only going to get worse A.I lawyers are the future.

Davevil

Because they don't do any material harm to Nintendo's billion dollar business by preserving games that not only Nintendo but all other game publishers to one extent or another don't seem to give two shits about saving from oblivion.
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Because they don't do any material harm to Nintendo's billion dollar business by preserving games that not only Nintendo but all other game publishers to one extent or another don't seem to give two shits about saving from oblivion.
Some people don't understand how depressing that is.
Either because we aren't exactly there yet, or because they don't care.

(I'm not referring to Lethal01, just to be clear, he only asked a question), I have seen this lack of understanding here before.

Living in a world where games completely disappear from the world to never be seen again, is again, depressing.

This?

images

Does the artwork look interesting to you? Well tough shit, you literally can't play it (Hypothetically speaking)

This one?

Boktai_cover_art.jpg

"The Sun is in Your Hand" sounds like a awesome title to you? Again, tough shit, it's impossible to play it (Hypothetically) Go on Youtube, I guess.

I feel like if this was about ANY other artform, people would automatically understand. If this was movies, books, whatever. Those mediums preserve their stuff, even B movies that very few people will watch.

Anyway, Nintendo actively want those games to die in their hands, then live in any other platform hands. Is like a crazy ex-boyfriend that stalks and kills any guy "his woman" dares to get with.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

Nintendo really is pathetic. Any of you who think this in any way shape or form is protecting Nintendo well quite frankly you are an idiot. The more Nintendo does this, the less I buy from them. It's that simple. They are making it real hard to buy their hardware especially considering you get the same games over and over again from them and it's a sub par experience regarding frame rate or visuals.

Last edited:
It’s only going to get worse A.I lawyers are the future.

I wont say that's worse actually. It would be a good thing. Lawyers are expensive as hell. I had to pay 4k once to help my daughter defend herself in a case where she was clearly innocent but I had no choice. I couldn't risk her going to jail because she didn't have a proper lawyer advocating for her. AI lawyers will help bring prices down across the board.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I wont say that's worse actually. It would be a good thing. Lawyers are expensive as hell. I had to pay 4k once to help my daughter defend herself in a case where she was clearly innocent but I had no choice. I couldn't risk her going to jail because she didn't have a proper lawyer advocating for her. AI lawyers will help bring prices down across the board.
Yes worse. Another humans job replaced by A.I.
Good job helping out your daughter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom