• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD's analyst MatPiscatella prediction for 2019 Hardware sales in the US

woigemok

Banned
FYI, he correctly predicted Switch > PS4 in the US and he was mocked left and right because of that prediction by hardcore fanboys.

and now his prediction has arrived .....

MatPiscatella
The NPD Group - Video Game Industry Analyst

Sw 6.7m
PS 4.7m
Xo 3.8m

I also have 2019 as peak Switch. I have overall HW units falling 4%. Guess I'm a bit more optimistic on PS4/Xone sustaining.

Any logical reasons why should we trust him instead of Michael Pachter?

1. He's handsome than Pacther.
2. He gets the data directly from NPD
3. He's very good at doing his job
4. He's not paid to be wrong like Pacther(Switch hardware prediction in FY = 8m and etc)
e5041655.gif

5. He isn't a fanboy like Zhunge and Chris.

x5RuXdc.png
denzel.jpg

Too hard to say. I think the potential of price cuts as well as bombshells at E3 may lead to surges/drops in sales that cannot be anticipated this early in the year.

Fake

It's always funny to see hardcore fanboys call other people fanboys.
Thats cute and even common in era place. Its even more fun when someone there tryed to insult other saying 'you're a fck nerd'... I mean, in a gaming forum? For real?

mejin

After november, people didn't expect Sony to put the breaks on promos. That's the only reason PS4 sold less than Switch in 2018.

But 2019 is a different story. Numbers will go down for 6 years machines no doubt, but PS4 should have a more consistent fall than XBO and Switch is going for the climax of its life cycle. Even Pachter will say Switch will be the best seller lol

who cares. all I want is more games. i could care less how many consoles anyone sells. gimme some cool exclusives here and there. Sony and Nintendo needed to invest a bit more in their studios this gen. seems like nintendo stayed the same and Sony closed a couple (i guess they are staffing on others). but all of that to make sure games don't take 5 years to make. closing Gurrila cambridge and then announcing medievil remake and THEN wipeout VR was an awful disrespectful decision thats just stupid really.

and then nintendo is gonna restart metroid 4 development that I personally doubt ever started. and retro studios hasn't actually been doing anything for a few years now besides a metroid 4 demo.

Microsoft has for sure gonna have the better launch lineup than Sony for next gen. I don't expect SMS or GG or any of the big studios to have anything on release. maybe some garbage like knack instead of putting talent to work on something better. like puppeteer maybe.

and Hopefully sony invests in 1 or 2 japanese studios to add because its quite embarassing that a japanese game company haven't made a good japanese game since the playstation 2. white knight chronicles was a pathetic JRPG exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom