• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Announces New GPU Architecture, A100 GPU, and Accelerator

ethomaz

Banned
I did not see any thread about... it was reveled this morning.

GA100_Card_678x452.jpg

GTC_PPB_07.jpg

GTC_PPB_08.jpg

GTC_PPB_09.jpg

CSP-multi-user-with-MIG-1.png

MIG-table-FINAL-x1280.png

qVneqjp.png

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
You'd think the name of the architecture would be in the headline considering they have many and it also helps when searching.

ethomaz

Banned
You'd think the name of the architecture would be in the headline considering they have many and it also helps when searching.
Actually yes.
After wrong I realized I cut the Ampere name... let’s see if a mod can fix tomorrow (now it is too late I guess).

ethomaz

Banned
To add a bit more.
nVidia has 3 segments.

Tesla for HPC (A100)
Quadro for professional (???)
GeForce for gaming (???)

They trend to release the Tesla cards first... GeForce probably comes in June.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
I expect the jump to be realistic as they are going from 12nm to 7nm, nonsense benchmarks aside I fully expect this to deliver.
The question that remains and which will be answered in a couple of months once/when the desktop counterpart lands is whether it will be capable of running 4K/60 with RT.

Aidah

Gives a small idea about the gaming cards, which will be monsters. My GPU is years old now and looking to upgrade so I've been waiting for them.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
running on a single quadro rtx 8000. a card that cost $5,800.

it's impressive yeah but i want to see what a consumer gaming card can do.

Fawst

Banned
So I guess get back to me when they add AI, massive environments, and do it on a consumer card?

Opposite end of the UE5 tech demo argument, but ... it’s a tech demo. Running on a rig that is powered by a single component that costs probably 10 times what a PS5/XSX will cost in total.

It’s very impressive, and I look forward to playing games that look that way at the end of this upcoming generation (or beyond).

Last edited:
Top Bottom