• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler rated for PS5, PS4 in Taiwan

Draugoth

Gold Member
Octopath-Traveler-PS5-PS4-Rating_06-04-24_Top-1024x576.jpg

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated the original Octopath Traveler for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

The PlayStation versions of Octopath Traveler were rated alongside the Xbox Series version of Octopath Traveler II, suggesting the release date for the long-awaited Xbox release will be announced alongside it. Exputer recently reported that the Xbox Series version is set to launch in June, and will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.

Octopath-Traveler-PS5-PS4-Rating_06-04-24.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know if us GP users are the "paypigs" on this one or not. But thankfully everyone can now be happy.
Didn't you know? Everyone that buys this for full price on PlayStation is just paying for the other people who got it for free on Xbox... or something.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Is part 2 a direct sequel? Always wanted to play it but held off cause I wasn't sure. Would love to see the first come to PS4/PS5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Joke aside, is cool that's comming, even on PS4. (because 2 is on PS4)

This is also why I'm glad the sequel was announced and is seemingly dropping very soon for Xbox. Plenty of people (including myself) played the first one there.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
By the way, Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default 2, Harvestella are still Switch/PC exclusive so I wonder if Squeenix have plans on bringing these titles to other platforms as well. 👀
There's tons of games they could change their minds on. Xbox never even got I Am Setsuna. All the smaller AA stuff (AKA: the best stuff). I guess we'll see.

Triangle Strategy in particular is crazy. That should be on PS, Xbox, everything. It's one of their best games. I'd buy that a 2nd time without hesitation.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I don't know if us GP users are the "paypigs" on this one or not. But thankfully everyone can now be happy.
  • Nintendo Switch - July 13, 2018
  • Windows - June 7, 2019
  • Stadia - April 28, 2020
  • Xbox One - March 25, 2021
The game was released for Xbox One on March 25, 2021, and added to the Xbox Game Pass service on the same day.

Are You Stupid Neve Campbell GIF by filmeditor

Zathalus

• Windows - June 7, 2019
The game was released for Xbox One on March 25, 2021, and added to the Xbox Game Pass service on the same day.

Pretty sure its a joke about the following:

Not until they port OT 1 to PS.

But I guess when it's PlayStation that misses out on a 3P exclusive people pretend the exclusivity doesn't exist huh?

Anyway, congrats to any of the Switch & PlayStation paypigs that funded OctoPath 2 as a Day 1 in Game Pass, I guess.

Don't buy Persona 6 on PS5. Let's see if Xbox players can pick up the B2P sales revenue slack 😉

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
  • Windows - June 7, 2019

Some thicc thighs sure are.

Kilau

Finally! But I no longer care about playing it on PS, I even forgot it wasn’t already ported.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The spriteart is amazing in this game.

Shame that the fucking filters on top of it look like some cokehead gen z thot pics on insta

Kupfer

60€ for a digital license of a 6 year old game? Thats cheeky.

I would pay that kind of price for a nice deluxe edition with steelbook and a few extras, but not like this.

And giving a 34% discount directly to PS+ subscribers is also a big announcement, have the discounts always been this big right at release or is Sony possibly running out of subscribers and trying to acquire customers with this pricing?
I've been reading more and more that long-standing customers, among others, are dissatisfied with PS+ and are canceling or not renewing.

Labadal

Kokoloko85 Kokoloko85 Nintendo helped co-publish the first game. The rights reverted back to S-E a few weeks ago. My guess is that is why we are now seeing it on PS systems. If Xbox did a deal about the game, they would have needed to speak with both Square and Nintendo.

Top Bottom