• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Has Officially Reached More Than 100 Million Players

Draugoth

Gold Member
1718643021852479.jpg

In a press release about the return of the iconic Pink Mercy charity skin (you can read more about that here), Blizzard president Johanna Faries revealed that “Overwatch recently crossed the 100 million lifetime player milestone.” It seems that figure covers the player counts of both Overwatch and Overwatch 2.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
I stopped going to the supermarket when I saw a jar of $12 dollar vegan almond butter.
I stopped going to their specific supermarket once they promised to build up a long awaited new department, half-assedly built it, and then increased all prices around the rest of their supermarket to charge for this half-assery.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I stopped going to their specific supermarket once they promised to build up a long awaited new department, half-assedly built it, and then increased all prices around the rest of their supermarket to charge for this half-assery.

All prices including the free 2 play prices?

OW2 is still fun to play.

Like most franchises, the "hardcore" are usually the most negative and vocal. For casual OW2 players like me, it's still great.

I didn't think I would care about the tank removal as much as I did. I used to hop in OW in between games all the time but now I just don't like it as much anymore. Removing that 1 extra tank changed the game in unexpected ways. I like hero shooters so hopefully Concord can deliver. The Marvel game might end up being good also.

Last edited:
I just recently got into it. I'm annoyed how the support/healer is crucial whether your team succeeds or not. And I dont like that you have to stick as a team or you are fucked

Last edited:

Juza

Keep in mind, this number includes all the years since 2016. I bet most of them are from the first Overwatch game.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I'm sure there's still a good number of people that play, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near that number. I would love to know what the current CCU is.

nikos

Still play it and it’s one of the best competitive FPS games you can play on PC. No bullshit aim assist to deal with.

Also fun to play socially/casually. Lots of play styles and modes.

It’s not perfect but I still love the game.

Toons

OW2 is still fun to play.

Like most franchises, the "hardcore" are usually the most negative and vocal. For casual OW2 players like me, it's still great.

This is pretty much the only game I've consistently played the last year. Because my time is mercurial I can just sit down and have no story to keep track of and great gamepkay.

Yes, it angers me like no other... but the gameplay, character design and feel are still too notch.

Ozzie666

Feels like the next evolution in Microsoft marketing warefare. Just look at the box, look at someone else playing, say the word Overwatch - you'be been reached.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I still love the game, but my play has waned over time.

I do love that each season there is either a new mode, character, or maps which keep me coming back.

The game has its faults but when you are on a winning streak playing with friends or getting great random teammates, the game makes you feel like you are on top of the world with one of the best feelings in multiplayer gaming.

Starting to get the same feeling from the console valorant beta resently released.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

Let´s invent arbitrary KPIs completely unrelated to the actual current business metrics to somehow create at least "some" positive PR
Rowan Atkinson GIF

Last edited:
Now tell us how many still play. Come oooooon...

One more dumb metric, how many play nowadays?
On steam alone, the game currently as over 34k played and its all time high is 75k.

Sounds like a game that managed to keep its playerbase better than any? In fact the game has kept around the current player base almost since release, back in September 2023.

It's more than enough to have a hit game.

Varteras

Gold Member
On steam alone, the game currently as over 34k played and its all time high is 75k.

Sounds like a game that managed to keep its playerbase better than any? In fact the game has kept around the current player base almost since release, back in September 2023.

It's more than enough to have a hit game.

Then just tell us that. Simple.

Top Bottom